🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 7 — Follow the Whispers

The gang has no choice but to follow the whispers up ahead to find out what happened to Ell Ryan (Gerry Duggan). Mildred Maxton (Sarah Guzzardo) takes action and dives underwater in search of Ell Ryan, Blackee Green (Blaine Capatch) tries to make out the whispered conversations to gather clues, Amarth Amon (Brian Posehn) stealthily swims towards the voices, and Bartho Shett (Ken Daly) is tired. All the while, the dungeon master (Mr. Sark) helps them advance by whispering as well. Plus, the gang takes us back to their past time traveling D&D adventure.

I wonder what kind of character Gerry is going to roll-up next.

Suggestion: While it may not translate well over a podcast; a bard-mime could be hilarious to role play and hear described.

• Like 1

I highly approve of the frequency of use of the cone of silence!

post-33767-0-57814700-1357742797_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The current episode isn't showing up via RSS in my feed, anyone else having this problem? I got the latest ep of Who Charted, which also dropped today, so it seems like it's just Nerd Poker that hasn't updated.

• Like 1

The current episode isn't showing up via RSS in my feed, anyone else having this problem? I got the latest ep of Who Charted, which also dropped today, so it seems like it's just Nerd Poker that hasn't updated.

Yeah, not on iTunes either.

Blasted some 3 Inches of Blood on the way to work in anticipation for the new Nerd Poker! Game on!

Having watched a lot of sitcoms over the years, I'd love for a perception botch while eavesdropping to be that it leads to a huge misunderstanding of the situation. The listener gets the exact opposite impression of the speakers intention, Don Knotts style.

• Like 3

This is ridiculously entertaining and I love your play style and personality. It's a simple thing, but I really like how Brian labels everyone as "those assholes", "you assholes", etc. It cracks me up and I intend to emulate him. (You forgot the "Don't try this at home" warning, assholes.)

I think this is my favorite episode yet. It really shows how great of a DM Sark is and how fun he makes the game. He's awesome at keeping the game together even with a group of players who make tons of WTF choices (don't we all players). Posehn's Viking Voice interaction had me laughing to the point of tears. "I SAID where'd you take that naked asshole and the bear?!" I loved the roleplaying of Ell Ryan at the end of this episode.

• Like 1

What!?!? Ouch! Well, that's one way to go. That asshole bear, I'll miss him. Not the person I wanted to stop breathing.

Great work guys, can't wait till next week! LOVE THIS SHOW

Now we know Sark means business!

Great episode as always. The story is so compelling I really can't wait until next week to find out what happens.

I wish Brian would have had to roll in order to see if he could successfully shout "Is anybody there?" Then there would have been the possibility of a botch in which he tried to yell and accidentally drowned.

Roll a six-sided die and assign a player to each side. The side that lands is the body that Elrion's body merges into. So, for example, Gerry could invade Amarth's body and then he and Brian could take alternating turns with Amarth's body. Or they could roll to take control. FUCKING DO IT. LOTS OF POTENTIAL. FREE IDEA. TAKE IT. This can't be the end for Elrion.

• Like 1

So now that the cat's out of the bag on these comments and I won't be spoiling anything - the purpose of the hooks was actually to kill him and not capture him? He was being dragged down to the other... half-sphere?... just because he'd die on the way? I guess I assumed he'd be dragged into it and survive the way Mildred did. To be honest, I couldn't really picture what the vessel was, though, so maybe it only had room for one person... and maybe if he had rolled high enough skill checks or used his second action he could have made it in there for safety? I guess I'm just confused as to why it felt like it was a given that he was going to die before there was much discussion. He still had 5 HP, right?

Sark sounded pretty surprised when Gerry decided to use Ell Ryan's last action to give in and die, so I don't think it was a foregone conclusion. I haven't been this disappointed by someone else's personal choice since Johnny Depp resuscitated Courtney Love.

• Like 4

Spoiler alerts everywhere! Anyway, I'm going to miss that character... that ran away from home. Yeah, no one "died."