🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 64 — 90’s TV Police Chiefs

Andrew Ti welcomes special guest Christian Lander (the genius behind Stuff White People Like) to discuss 90’s TV police chiefs such as Carl Winslow. Continue the fight against racism in 2013 and call us at (323) 389-RACE to ask us if anything is racist.

This show's pretty fun to listen to, but this episode was about as silly as it gets for "but this has to be racist somehow".

aaaaa I bet I'm not the first person to ever say that.

I thought Anita Van Buren and Lynne Thigpen were the same person for years

It's a direct denial of what the police are. These days people will accept the police are corrupt, but they still won't make movies about how they're racist.

It's a direct denial of what the police are. These days people will accept the police are corrupt, but they still won't make movies about how they're racist.

Really? I feel like approximately half the depictions of cops in TV and movies portray them as being at least vaguely racist.

Really? I feel like approximately half the depictions of cops in TV and movies portray them as being at least vaguely racist.

I'm thinking of cop shows and procedurals where it's about cops and there would be a police chief. The great sin of a cop is to take mob money and look the other way, not shoot a shouting, mentally ill old black man who didn't hurt anyone 20 times with a gun to death for no reason, or what have you.

Sign in to follow this