🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 87 — Sexual Attraction Pt 2

Sit down and make yourself comfortable for a very sensual episode of Professor Blastoff. We invite our expert Sascha Cohen back to the hatch as we discuss gay culture. Sascha describes how she identifies as being a Homoromantic bisexual, we talk about why there is so much bullying toward gay people, and Tig & Sascha have a couple things to clear up. Enjoy it with that special someone.

Damn you Tig! First Sarah Silverman, and now Sascha. Are you intentionally bringing in your hottest female guests to talk about sexual attraction, just to get us hetero male (and lesbian!) listeners all hot and bothered? If you are, it's working.

In all seriousness, though, I am so looking forward to listening to this one. And for the record, Sascha would be a delight to listen to even if she didn't look like such a "hottie" in her picture.

Yay! I'm a Sascha fan. She definitely in my top five.

And in regards to David's Homogun scenario:

I think the case Kyle was talking about was where a guy took a railroad spike to the--i thiiiiiiiiink--hippocampus, Whatever area it was, it has some direct correlation to regulating emotions. I think love and attraction are a little more nebulous. There are so many things that go into attraction, it's not just controlled by an area of the brain. Biology plays a part, genetics probably do as well, and maybe even environment. I don't think there's anyway to control it and it would take more than a spike to the head to change someone's sexuality.

I'm kind of interested in the subject, but I think at a societal level, we should definitely be on the Tig train of who the fuck cares? Just let everyone be however they are.

Don't worry about Bill, Kyle. He probably just wanted to get his F on with Sarah. He's an asshole.

WOW! This is one of the best episodes in the history of this show. Kyle's story made me hate Bill Mahr while admiring Kyle for just how honest he is (not having money for the food).

My favorite moment had to be when Sasha talked about her homeless ex 'God bless her, just in case she's listening.' Picturing this homeless woman downloading and listening to the podcast made me laugh so hard.

Or Goddess.

• Like 1

Damn you Tig! First Sarah Silverman, and now Sascha. Are you intentionally bringing in your hottest female guests to talk about sexual attraction, just to get us hetero male (and lesbian!) listeners all hot and bothered? If you are, it's working.

In all seriousness, though, I am so looking forward to listening to this one. And for the record, Sascha would be a delight to listen to even if she didn't look like such a "hottie" in her picture.

Hey, I'm sure you didn't mean it like that, but this is sort of creepy.

• Like 3

Very good episode today guys. I thought the discussion was very thought provoking, and just an all-around great conversation!

Tig and Sascha are pretty cute. It's so great when exes stay friendly.

Great episode!

WOW! This is one of the best episodes in the history of this show. Kyle's story made me hate Bill Mahr while admiring Kyle for just how honest he is (not having money for the food).

That was pretty amazing. Not so much the money thing as the publicly ripping a famous person you hung out with thing. It sounded like Maher totally deserved it, but that's a line that people in the public eye don't usually cross, so I was impressed that Kyle would be that frank.

David's Homogun scenario:

Maybe I'm not remembering this correctly, but wasn't that at least very loosely the plot of the e-book that sponsored the show a while back?

I think the case Kyle was talking about was where a guy took a railroad spike to the--i thiiiiiiiiink--hippocampus, Whatever area it was, it has some direct correlation to regulating emotions. I think love and attraction are a little more nebulous. There are so many things that go into attraction, it's not just controlled by an area of the brain. Biology plays a part, genetics probably do as well, and maybe even environment. I don't think there's anyway to control it and it would take more than a spike to the head to change someone's sexuality.

The case David referred to is that of Phineas Gage, but there have been other more recent cases where brain injury or side effects of certain medications have produced sudden shifts in sexuality. The question is whether these represent actual "changes", or the people involved were consciously repressing their real sexual identity before the event that tipped their Kinsey scales.

Kyle singing "Everybody Knows"!

I had a "Pump up the Volume" flashback

Hey, I'm sure you didn't mean it like that, but this is sort of creepy.

I meant it as a joke, but clearly it didn't come out the way I intended. It's easy to make mistakes with things like tone if you're not careful, and I probably shouldn't have said something like this in the context of an internet forum.

NEW NO-NO: If I say something that makes people feel uncomfortable, then I'm gonna apologize for it.

• Like 5

I believe you will find the explanation you seek here.

She said it so sincerely that I did not catch it. And also Bite me.

Great episode, cleared up a lot of questions I had on the spectrum also:

I believe you will find the explanation you seek here.

FATALITY!

I liked this episode a lot. Sascha is a great guest.

I thought a lot of this episode was spent discussing labeling. I guess there are those who need to categorize and label, but I don't know how much that adds to human knowledge. The best way to understand someone is to get to know them one-on-one.

When I was in my early teens, I was bullied a lot. I was new to town, kind of a nerd and got good grades. The epithet most commonly thrown my way was the f-word (meaning gay). It later occurred to me how this epithet was particularly effective at marginalizing someone. I was a straight male, dying to have a girlfriend. But having been labeled gay, it would take a pretty special girl to become friends with me. It probably didn't help me make male friends either. So I became isolated. Happily, I moved a few years later and made lots of friends and finally got a girlfriend!

I actually moved back to the first town after just two years and had become so confident and changed so much that I was never bullied at all there again.

I'd like to send a shout-out to all the Blastronauts who attended the #PBOparty on Twitter last night. Family stuff kept me from participating, but the PBO community is so nice and so welcoming, I suggest everybody participate!

Welp, that's been comment.

• Like 2

This episode was pretty awesome, if not a bit uncomfortable at times...for me, I mean. I totally get the whole homoromanticism descriptor, even though I, like everyone else, will always say we "hate labels."

Great great great episode. I can't wait for PBO to be on the video podcast network.

Signed,

A Homoromantic

Kyle is her sweetie, but not her fuck-sweetie.

She's homosexual but heterosweetious.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this