🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 8 — The Survivors

With Ell Ryan’s (Gerry Duggan) disappearance, the gang decides to follow the survivors who have mistaken them for collectors. Ermine the survivor (Mr. Sark) guides Amarth Amon (Brian Posehn), Mildred Maxton (Sarah Guzzardo), Blackee Green (Blaine Capatch), and Bartho Shett (Ken Daly) to their underwater sanctuary. Plus, Sark tells us a story about some crazy shit that happened to him regarding an espionage themed role playing game that still creeps Brian out to this day.

Some good laughs in this one, missing the naked hippie but still lotsa fun! Till next week.

• Like 2

Ell Ryan died suddenly while on the set of his show 8 Simple Rules For Mating My Teenage Slaughter Bear.

Now that Peter Gabriel has left who's gonna Phil Collins this bitch? Amarth Amon needs to randomly murder someone. And the group makeup is now fighter/fighter/fighter/warlock so no one better get injured? Huzzah!

• Like 2

Have to say I'm getting more of a Solaris vibe rather than Waterworld?

If you're talking about the original Russian version because, like me, you don't speak the language anymore and have only a vague idea of what's going on, then I completely agree.

This just made me want to try finding original Top Secet and Marvel Super Heroes boxed sets. I didn't get to play them but once each. I had generated a ton of characters with MSH and had written some stories around them. I had forgotten this until I was searching for Top Secret a few months ago and I ran across this article:

The 10 Best (and 6 Worst) TSR Games that Weren't D&D http://www.toplessro...t_werent_dd.php

This show is soooo amazing i love it makes me want to surf ebay for books but i don't even know what I need lol

"Don't forget Gerry!"

Those words in the intro take on new meaning this week...

• Like 2

I would love to hear the occasional bonus pod that was nothing but a one hour "Crazy Shit that Happened in Past D&D Games". That Top Secret SI story was awesome. If anyone wants to know what would happen to Posehn if he actually played, just watch the classic Tom Hank's cautionary tale, "Mazes and Monsters"!

• Like 2

If you're talking about the original Russian version because, like me, you don't speak the language anymore and have only a vague idea of what's going on, then I completely agree.

Had the book in mind, from the way Sark described the movement of the water. I don't think my Russian was ever good enough to watch the film without subtitles, if the experience is akin to this podcast though i'm in.

The group got over Ell Ryan's death pretty quickly. Jet skiis heal all wounds, I suppose.

• Like 1

Another fun episode. Even with the loss of Ell Ryan, I still enjoy the group dynamics and the suggestion that they are out to get in some major trouble soon.

I don't know a great deal about the mechanics of D&D, but since I am pulling for our heroes to continue this journey I'd like to make the suggestion that you incorporate the classic movie training montage and gain some levels. The collectors seem like tough enemies, you've gotta admire the bravery/stupidity of our group, but how about some preparation?

At the very least, go back to the dick with the twelve-pack abs and tell him of your intention, maybe he can provide you with some mystical weapons or devices that can aid the infiltration?

Looking forward to it.

I don't know a great deal about the mechanics of D&D, but since I am pulling for our heroes to continue this journey I'd like to make the suggestion that you incorporate the classic movie training montage and gain some levels. The collectors seem like tough enemies, you've gotta admire the bravery/stupidity of our group, but how about some preparation?

At the very least, go back to the dick with the twelve-pack abs and tell him of your intention, maybe he can provide you with some mystical weapons or devices that can aid the infiltration?

I've played D&D a whopping three times in the past 6 weeks, and will say that from my experience, the dungeon master never threw anything our way that was too insanely outside our levels. If Nerd Poker and Sark is anything like my experiences, they could probably pop in and have quite a nail-biting, uphill battle of an adventure, but nothing so unruly as to require a training montage. Nobody wants to listen to characters grinding for experience and leveling meager stats.

That being said, I agree they should go back and talk to 12-Pack about resources, weapons, etc, and formulate a cool stealth mission/plan of attack. They don't even have their weapons back yet!

To be fair it was Amon Amarth who said he didn't want to go back to those "fish people assholes", and he's kind of a moron who hits things and accidentally murders women, so the rest of the group may decide otherwise.

Okay, I'm a little confused. Ermine has 12 abs. Is that two rows of 6, four rows of 3, or four rows with the inner two being 4 and the outer two being 2?

And if he's got long hair, well defined muscles, and an accent, where were all the Ah-nold jokes?

Come on, people!

This post was brought to you by WDND. Listen to "Ermine in the Morning", "Spirit Bear and Shaman" in the afternoon, and "Mildred After Midnight"!

Another fun episode. Even with the loss of Ell Ryan, I still enjoy the group dynamics and the suggestion that they are out to get in some major trouble soon.

Looking forward to it.

I think with the exception of Mildred, thoughtful preparation seems out of character for our heroes. I like that they're playing the characters fairly consistently.

• Like 1

I'm sensing a classic caper involving Amarth and Bartho in seaweed wigs. (I'm sure Blackee's hair is naturally long and lustrous enough to pass as female giving sufficient clothing.)

Having sourced most of my Star Wars D6 RPG collection via Ebay, it's great to hear that Sark found a lot of his childhood RPG's there as well. Also, I was able to replace few treasured childhood LEGO sets there. God bless Ebay.

Ell Ryan needs to pull some Obi-Wan shit in episode 9! His spirit went off world--why can't it come back and haunt the rest of the party? I'd love to see him as Amarth's annoying, unwelcome spirit guide.

• Like 1

:huh: Brian said in the first episode his first DM made D&D satanic and it was awesome. How can he be scared of a haunted card box now? How evil can be the demons you invoke with a game of Top Secret/SI? Also I hope this is the only episode without Gerry.

I am still thinking about their poor prisoner that seemed to be forgotten about - left behind like so much garbage!

Looking forward to the next episode!

Sign in to follow this