🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
johnnyhaggis

CBB (and all Earwolf?) VIDEO PODCASTS!! (this is actual news, not a suggestion!)

Suprised there's no thread for this yet! (or did I miss it?)

Comedy Bang Bang (and other Earwolf podcasts!) video version of the podcast! No details yet - if it is just the podcast with a camera in the room I suspect I'll like the audio/imaginary experience better (I actually picture Andrew Lloyd Weber and Christopher Hitchens' ghost being in the room), but I'll definitely want to check out the videos every week to see what my favourite people look like and to see what actually goes on in that room!

Cant figure out how to embed video, but here's a preview with Scott!

[media='']

[/media]

Very, very excited about this, though work commitments will sadly keep me from seeing the inaugural show on Friday. I can only hope the live shows will be archived somehow so that I can still experience it at a later date.

Still, color me internetested.

Oh dang! You're right, it's live streamng! That will bE hard to keep up with, though I'll make an effort - I can't believe there used to be a time when we used to have to be in front of the TV at a particular hour to watch a show! Barbarism!

Wait, so it's only there for a time and then no longer there? What kind of crazy concept is this? That's like the opposite of a pocast.

Wouldn't Tom Lennon playing Little Gary on a visual medium sort of ruin things a bit? I mean it'll be clear to see that he's not actually little.

• Like 1

Wouldn't Tom Lennon playing Little Gary on a visual medium sort of ruin things a bit? I mean it'll be clear to see that he's not actually little.

Couldn't you say the same about many characters on CBB? Paul F. Tompkins played both Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber and Cake Boss on the CBB TV show despite not looking anything like them.

Ha, I think the video format would definitely take away some of the magic - think of all the times people say things like "oh gross, you're bleeding all over the place" etc - just having four people sitting around a table without costumes, takes away a lot of the imaginary aspect of an audio show - BUT, it's still pretty cool to be able to see what actually goes on in the room! There are plenty of times when I hear a great bit and I'm thinking "I wonder what the hell they're actually physically doing right now! Are they giving eachother signals and looks, writing eachother notes to keep this going?" etc.

I'd want to listen to the show first and then watch it after if it's one of those episodes, not the other way around, so maybe having the show on video first on friday before having the audio on monday isn't a great idea if they aren't archived on video.

But we don't know for sure that's what's going on, do we? We'll find out tonight I guess... Except I'll be out!

ALW and cakeboss worked on the TV show because the ridiculous ALW costume was part of the joke!

Just cause Tom Lennon is on doesn't mean he's gonna do Li'l Gary! Though I hope he does!

This is happening! Little Gary is the first guest. No costume or make-up or anything.

Thank God for PST! Watching now. The fact that it's live from SXSW makes the visual medium work for sure - but either way Li'l Gary is actually hilarious visually! Watching Lennon turn purple and say he's 3 ft tall is funny...

Mary Lyn Rajskub and Riki Lindhome are on now - it's been a long time since these two were last on CBB!

Getting to actually see Scott do his thing (in a looser environment than the TV show) is pretty great.

NEW NO-NO! If someone interrupts Scott during the WYR intro or scenario, he'll repeat the entire intro and scenario again!

• Like 2

Hahaha, we should sue for emotional damages for being deprived of plugs and plugs theme w no warning...

overall, highly entertaining, good show, great guests etc - live works for video, I guess we'll find out next week what the studio version is like!

Love seeing Li'l Gary in the flesh... good that he was wearing sunglasses, maybe it was to hide stoner eyes, but whatever the reason I think it would prevent suspension of disbelief without them.

Just realized he's the marriage arbitrator who was in charge of Soup Group in the League a few seasons ago!

According to the VPN Twitter, the episode will be available to watch later, for those who missed it. Fun episode, especially once Riki and Mary Lynn came on.

Maybe today the guests will be Kate Miccuci and Karen Kilgariff.