🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
johnnyhaggis

CBB (and all Earwolf?) VIDEO PODCASTS!! (this is actual news, not a suggestion!)

They couldn't edit out the half hour in between the two shows?

By the way, YMIW (with Chelsea Peretti) was also really good.

They couldn't edit out the half hour in between the two shows?

By the way, YMIW (with Chelsea Peretti) was also really good.

Chelsea taking on the audience was really funny.

Damn, I missed that. But at least I missed it in true Chartist spirit, because I was making a smoothie.

This crowd is dead.

I'd be willing to bet that Paul Scheer will be the co-host as well - doing J Montgomery Scott or the Scientologist PR guy. He was just doing bits on Call Chelsea Peretti... He even got in a "my wife".

The sound quality is much better today.

Btw, from what Scott Auk was saying, it sounds like these thursday shows will all be live audience shows like these sundance ones - is that how you guys/gals understand it? That'd be cool! I

Question: s Aukerman independently wealthy?? How can he afford to do all of this stuff for free??

My impression is that the Thursday shows will just be normal studio shows, but on video.

If there are sponsors for these shows, I'm sure the hosts are getting paid something.

That makes sense, vs Scott going on a lifetime tour every thursday and then running home on Mondays to do the radio show!

I sure hope he gets paid!

Also they're going to be rotating through different Earwolf shows, so that could work really well for Who Charted or The Fogelnest Files where they play a lot of clips.

Where did the videos's go? And are they going to be put back up?

Yeah I'll second that..WHERE? I tuned in late and caught YMIW but later on saw CBB in the videos. Now, poof. That link above, Private? Little Gary eat the tape?

Marked as private for me as well. Came here to check if it was just an issue for me trying to watch them from Sweden. Apparently not.

Hey duderz- we took them down for a bit so we could explore pumping up the audience mic. They might go back up tomorrow or soonish?

In the meantime, doing another live-stream Thursday at 9pm ET/ 6pm PST.

• Like 1

Hey duderz- we took them down for a bit so we could explore pumping up the audience mic. They might go back up tomorrow or soonish?

Good idea - when I first started watching the first CBB with Li'l Gary I thought "wtf is wrong with the audience? Must be idiots, or something" cause it sounds like they're not reacting, but eventually I realized that they just weren't mic'ed and you can only hear the louder reactions.

Somehow, it makes a difference to how one perceives the show - it's funny either way, but there's some lemming instinct in us (me included) that makes us enjoy something more if everyone else is laughing -

like the most fun I ever had watching TV was on a plane watching an episode of "Fraser" (not a show I normally like) back when they used to show them communally on a screen in front - this guy from Ghana was sitting next to me laughing his ass off and slapping me on my shoulder, and I guess because of that I was having a blast enjoying Fraser like I never had before or since!

Yay, looking forward to the next one (CBB not fraser...)

Awesome, loved both of the shows, thank you so much for doing this!!!!!!!

Two more quick questions

1. Are these going to be released as actual episodes or bonus episodes later, or are they just going to be on the youtube channel?

2. When you mentioned that you were going to do Thursday episodes 2 or 3 times a month on episode 193 were you referring to these, or are there going to be extra studio episodes a few times a month as well?

Well, #2 has basically been answered since a bonus episode has been released today and there will also be a YouTube show tonight.

The Sundance shows haven't been released in audio form, so that might answer #1 (although maybe video episodes shot in studio will be treated differently than ones at a live venue).

I wonder - will tonight's video episode released as the audio podcast on Monday? Or is tonight's show strictly a one-off?

We're experimenting with this - sometimes we'll put up a show as an audio show, maybe sometimes we won't. I don't think the Sundance shows will be audio - going to see if the audience mic can be fixed - hopefully those will go back up soon. I think tonight's live-streamed show will be Monday's audio ep.

• Like 2