🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 13 — Neither Did Kristen Though

It's the Reality Show Show's Season 7 premiere as Hayes and Sean respond to listener suggestions and wonder if guest JONNA MANNION from The Challenge is going to show up. To pass the time they dig into a crushing lemonation on Top Chef and the much-anticipated ascent of Padma Lakshmi to the role of Head Judge. They also recall their intense reaction to seeing a helicopter on The Bachelor and respond to the show's claim that the amount of love you can have for someone isn't affected by how many hands you have. Finally, JONNA MANNION from The Challenge shows up to be nervously asked questions about life as a reality star and her past relationships.

Haha awesome! Thanks for the shout out guys. I really appreciate you being so upfront with stealing my idea and profiting from it. I respect that.

I won't fight you on it as long as you add a clause to the contract: next time you're at some big Hollywood party rubbing elbows with M. Night Shyamalan and other Hollywood elite, you have to look up at the moon and wonder if I'm looking at it too. Just once. Then we're even.

• Like 5

I won't fight you on it as long as you add a clause to the contract: next time you're at some big Hollywood party rubbing elbows with M. Night Shyamalan and other Hollywood elite, you have to look up at the moon and wonder if I'm looking at it too. Just once. Then we're even.

No Deal.

• Like 4

I'm hoping for a review of Buck Wild sometime again in the near future. That show is just insane. Also, i watched a cooking reality show for the first time last night. The Taste. It is a pretty good concept. Pick a cook based on one spoon of food that they made. Although, i feel like it would be pretty easy to pick the pro chefs out by the presentation and degree of difficulty. I would just pick the ones i think are chefs because they are obviously skilled at everything. I also feel like it would be the perfect opportunity for an average person to say they are a home cook to get on the show. Then, make something and somehow sneak dog shit into the bottom of the spoon. Can you imagine being the guy that got Anthony Bourdain to eat dogshit?

• Like 1

Can you imagine being the guy that got Anthony Bourdain to eat dogshit?

I wasn't really on board with a show that involves Anthony Bourdain in any capacity and Brian Malarkey, a guy who couldn't make the top-three on an amateur cooking competition, talking about what food is good. But then you introduced me to the idea that Bourdain could be secretly fed dog shit on it so I kind of like it now.

• Like 1

This past episode was a little different in that our guest was a reality person Sean and I have a passionate TV relationship with. But we realize that basically nobody watches the show. So was it boring hearing us talking about stuff you weren't familiar with? Did anyone get lost?

We've got another Challenge guy on next week, Frank Sweeney, and while he is the world's least boring guy we would love to know if the insider stuff is losing anybody.

• Like 1

We've got another Challenge guy on next week, Frank Sweeney, and while he is the world's least boring guy we would love to know if the insider stuff is losing anybody.

No way! I know Frank from how you mythologized him, and how big a deal this is. I hope you asked him if he remembers Dave Holmes.

• Like 2

Hey, love the show.

Just two quick points, on the topic of reality shows doing a season on an ethnicity season. Survivor did an ethnicity season (Survivor: Cook Islands) which was fantastic (for the wrong reasons). Also, on restaurant wars on Top Chef, Australia had a show called My Restaurant Rules. It is worth streaming if you can find it.

If you have next time next episode please talk about how stupid Murphy is on Making Mr Right. Also how by episode 4 Brian has worked out who the match makers really are.

• Like 1

No, not really losing me. But, i would of loved to have you rip into Jonnay(or whatever the hell her name is) about her homeless situation. But, i know you can't burn your reality show bridges.

• Like 1

This past episode was a little different in that our guest was a reality person Sean and I have a passionate TV relationship with. But we realize that basically nobody watches the show. So was it boring hearing us talking about stuff you weren't familiar with? Did anyone get lost?

I wouldn't worry, I've gotten the general gist of what you guys have been talking about even with the shows I haven't seen and still enjoyed the interviews with reality show contestants. I especially loved the episode with Lily Elise where you guys sang for her and had her judge you. Stuff like that where you have your own little Reality Show Show reality show is always really fun, and might be a cool way to familiarize the audience with the type of reality show the guest is on without cutting down on the jokes and laughs.

• Like 1

Survivor did an ethnicity season (Survivor: Cook Islands) which was fantastic (for the wrong reasons).

Thank you for this shocking news. I'd like to pretend I once knew that and forgot about it, but it must have happened when I stopped watching Survivor for six years. Was this what America was like in 2006? We could do a race-based competition show back then? Anyway I'm pleased to see that no white people made it to the final three.