🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
choochoo_the_wonder_slut

Questions for Sark

Hey admins, can we start a stickied questions thread for Sark? I don't know much about D&D but love the show and I figure there are a few of us loyal listeners in the same boat. If Sark ever pops in to answer some that would be cool and informative.

One question I'd ask him is what is the highest level this group has managed to get to in any edition of D&D? If Gerry's Ell Ryan is any indication, they seem to expect the lifespan of a Bic lighter owned by a sickly hamster. Thanks!

• Like 3

Sark, what is the most obsessive compulsive action you've ever seen a player repeat? Like searching for traps or casting detect magic in every room.

• Like 1

Sark, why won't you plug you YouTube channel? I come from there and I'm loving this podcast. I feel it would work the same way around, you are an awesome entertainer :).

Sark, did you take your name from the character in TRON? I'm a big fan of those movies, it's been nagging at me whenever I hear the show, really love it though keep it up!

Sark, doin a good job but if you haven't already go check out Spencer from Harmontown... maybe he could help you out with 4E and dynamics.

What is the highest level this group has managed to get to in any edition of D&D? If Gerry's Ell Ryan is any indication, they seem to expect the lifespan of a Bic lighter owned by a sickly hamster. Thanks!

Gerry is the Mayfly of D&D. That's why he's so fun! Highest level has been the 10-12 range many moons ago, 2nd Edition.

• Like 3

Sark, what is the most obsessive compulsive action you've ever seen a player repeat? Like searching for traps or casting detect magic in every room.

#1 Brian rolling warriors.

#2 Brian accidentally killing innocents with his inhuman strength.

#3 Gerry dying.

• Like 3

Sark, why won't you plug you YouTube channel? I come from there and I'm loving this podcast. I feel it would work the same way around, you are an awesome entertainer :).

Thanks! I just figured we'd had enough plugs right then. Feel free to spread the Team Respawn love!

Sark, did you take your name from the character in TRON? I'm a big fan of those movies, it's been nagging at me whenever I hear the show, really love it though keep it up!

Yes, it's from Tron! I added the 'Mr' because 'Sark' was snapped up on Xbox Live within moments of its launch a decade ago and I was looking for one syllable gamertag.

It is also often assumed to be calling back to the villain from the US TV show 'Alias'. Or sometimes, 'Stark'. Or 'Shark'. Or 'Shrek'. Or 'Sack'. :(

• Like 3

Sark, doin a good job but if you haven't already go check out Spencer from Harmontown... maybe he could help you out with 4E and dynamics.

Good tip, I will! I'm already getting a feel for the 50% of the rules that I'll be omitting ;) I'd honestly rather be learning Pathfinder but 'Pathfinder With Brian Posehn & Friends' doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

• Like 2

Has anyone in the party leveled yet?

I haven't assigned XP yet, I tend to do it when they hit lulls between campaign beats. But yes, they have accumulated enough XP to level. Some, more than once.

• Like 1

Would it be possible to some how incorporate the nipple story from your youtube channel into the game down the road?

;) I'd honestly rather be learning Pathfinder

I just got into 4E and I kinda think the same heh

Is there any food/beverage/snack banned from your table?

I had one DM ban popcorn because of grease stains, another banned chicken parm because of farts.

Surely, you must game in the worst center of that Venn Diagram.

• Like 1

Do you not like the charge mechanic in 4E (i.e. use a standard action to move your speed and then make a melee basic attack)? Seems to me like these guys could have been getting a lot more attacks off if charging was allowed.

Also, attacks of opportunity? Your enemies run away from trained fighters a lot with no adverse consequences.

Love the show!

Good tip, I will! I'm already getting a feel for the 50% of the rules that I'll be omitting ;) I'd honestly rather be learning Pathfinder but 'Pathfinder With Brian Posehn & Friends' doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

I'm sure Brian can find a way to say "Pathfinder" using all-'D'-syllables.

Hey, I'm really enjoying the show! I'm trying to get my roleplaying/gaming group on board because I think it's just fun to listen to. I am curious to know if you've ever played Word of Darkness stuff by White Wolf? I wouldn't say it's better or worse than D&D, just a different style all around. Also, do you always DM games? From the comments that have been made it seems like you're the DM all the time and never a player. If so, are you happy with that or would you like to be on the other side of the screen for a change?

Hey Sark! :-) Could you scan in some of your masterful drawings you have created to help illustrate the environment the characters are in, phallic references and all? I know it would help me envision their environment as well. Thanks!

• Like 1

Sark, given that the death penalty in 4th ed. is a LOT less severe (Raise Dead is a level 5 ritual that can be performed by most casters, and there is no XP or Con penalty), do you expect to see more reckless Gerry maneuvers once the group reaches that point?

Would it be possible to some how incorporate the nipple story from your youtube channel into the game down the road?

I don't even remember the nipple story but I hope I do so it can be incorporated ASAP.

I hear Vorpal Botch is opening for White Lion, can you get me free tickets?

No. I've never heard of Vorpal Botch opening for ANYONE. Sounds fake. Watch out for fake Vorpal Botch shows!

Is there any food/beverage/snack banned from your table?

I had one DM ban popcorn because of grease stains, another banned chicken parm because of farts.

Surely, you must game in the worst center of that Venn Diagram.

Not yet. But nobody has spilled 64oz of Monster Rehab on Earwolf's mics yet. Give us time. And yes, I'm dead center.