🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
choochoo_the_wonder_slut

Questions for Sark

repost from my entry from Epi 49 forum but want to toss this out...

Not sure Sark or the cast actually read these forums and it's been ten years since I last played a caster in 2nd ed. but I'm almost sure that the casting time in the player HB is in round segments (in second a round is broken into 10 segments for casting) unless it specifically says a # of rounds.

Since the eps. are pre-recorded and for all I know this band of merry fools has flown right into the middle of the sun and are re-rolling new chars. but if anyone see this from the cast have Sark or Brian please check this out in the 2nd ed. players handbook but I'm almost positive that a casting time of 5 means you start casting at your initiative and then 5 initiative slots later that round the spell goes off. It lets casters get interrupted if hit during that portion of the round they are casting but it is not 5 rounds to cast a cure light wounds, that I can almost guarantee.

Damion is getting cheated out of his bad ass spelliness!

• Like 3

I guess you're missing reading Mr. Sark's posts and Gerry Duggan's posts. JFC Gerry's website is hilarious when not promoting his business. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but seriously....this re-link he posted had me dying.

tumblr_muicjnWZk21qa9q2oo1_400.gif

This re-link brought to you by gerryduggan.com

repost from my entry from Epi 49 forum but want to toss this out...

Not sure Sark or the cast actually read these forums and it's been ten years since I last played a caster in 2nd ed. but I'm almost sure that the casting time in the player HB is in round segments (in second a round is broken into 10 segments for casting) unless it specifically says a # of rounds.

Since the eps. are pre-recorded and for all I know this band of merry fools has flown right into the middle of the sun and are re-rolling new chars. but if anyone see this from the cast have Sark or Brian please check this out in the 2nd ed. players handbook but I'm almost positive that a casting time of 5 means you start casting at your initiative and then 5 initiative slots later that round the spell goes off. It lets casters get interrupted if hit during that portion of the round they are casting but it is not 5 rounds to cast a cure light wounds, that I can almost guarantee.

Damion is getting cheated out of his bad ass spelliness!

you are correct sir. I addressed some issuse in my Topic

No question this time, just wanted to say thanks again for the awesome show and thanks for taking time to answer all of our questions!

• Like 2

you are correct sir. I addressed some issuse in my Topic

You guys rock!

Never knew this OR used it but it makes perfect sense. Usually I'm all about rules that speed things up :) I'll roll this in to the game when we play next. Since we're trying to jam through eps to cover the holidays you won't actually hear me adopt this until around the first week of December. In fact, you'll hear the party bring it up (in a roundabout way involving memorization of spells) in the next couple eps, which is what led me to come back over here and comb the forums for the comments.

Good heads up!

• Like 5

Joined the forums for HDTGM? and I find myself reading more posts from this Earwolf sub-forum than there. This podcast is hands down amazing, thanks Sark and company for making just listening to a DND game fun.

No question this time, just wanted to say thanks again for the awesome show and thanks for taking time to answer all of our questions!

Thanks pals. Glad you're enjoying us enjoying ourselves. That's win-win entertainment! :)

• Like 4

I'm playing GTA:Online with the latest Beach Bum expansion and keep finding myself doing Sark Willis impressions.

• Like 2

I'm playing GTA:Online with the latest Beach Bum expansion and keep finding myself doing Sark Willis impressions.

That's too funny. I would *die* if I came across this.

How much of the Tower was actually mapped out? I mean, that was one huge-ass Tower, right? Was there a detailed floorplan for all of it?

• Like 1

How much of the Tower was actually mapped out? I mean, that was one huge-ass Tower, right? Was there a detailed floorplan for all of it?

That's a good question. I'm always curious if it's just a loose idea that is built on the fly like if they open a door, are you rolling to determine whether the room has any enemies in it or whether the room is the control room? Or did you know they have to go through this specific sequence of door ways to get to the control room?

• Like 1

Hey Sark, this isn't much of a question as it is an invitation. I work a couple of Renaissance Festivals across the country, and I do a podcast called the HobCast. I play beloved entertainer Hob The Troll, and it's part interview, part improv. Some of my guests are seasoned stage acts from the Ren Fest circuit, other guests include some folks from the Thrilling Adventure Hour, Deborah Reed from Troll 2, Rodney Anonymous from the Dead Milkmen, BUT ENOUGH NAME DROPPING! I would like to formally extend an invitation to you, and the whole Nerd Poker gang. Whoever would like to do it! I love the show, and I thought it would be fun to have an interview with Blackie, Mildred, Sir Richard, Bart, Damien, and whatever NPC you'd like to be interviewed!

We could do it via Skype or the phone, whatever is easiest. Let me know if you (or anybody else) would be interested!

-Stevo

• Like 2

Im up for Interveiws.

Since I am the Resadent Wizard...

(who cannot spell)

Hey Sark. No question at the moment. I've been listening to the podcast for a few months now, and I'm so happy that the campaign is going so well! The Spelljamming travel has been a particularly nice touch as a refreshing nuance that adds unlimited variety and possibility to your game, and I definitely approve of the move from 4th edition. Also, I'm loving your villain. Raising the stakes by continually having the Necromancer perform both generayl and specifically dispicable acts has been really fun to listen to, and I think due to that, the inevitable confrontation between him and the party will only be that much more rewarding. Keep up the good work, man! You're an inspiration!

• Like 3

Heyo Sark and company ive put a Spell point system which is good on my Holy Casters post.

with a link to the site i use.

Hope it helps and we can have great spellcasting

Okay, another question for Sark. Just listened to #53, and I have to ask - do you creep yourself out coming up with these stories? I mean the planet of corpses was bad enough, but you're really pulling all the stops out now.

I GMed a game once that involved my players trying to rescue a boy from a religious cult who considered him their Savior. They found out that the boy was going to be sacrificed and his blood used to anoint the conception of the next Savior. The twist - the boy knew what was going to happen and didn't want to be rescued. I felt like I needed to scrub my brain clean after thinking that up. Do you feel that way after these darker episodes?

Since it extended clear through the mass of corpses I could treat either end as a sort of mirror image.

So, I had the top floors drawn up, I had the floor where they docked drawn up, I had about 8 floors sketched out for myself to cover any stops along the ascent/descent of the tower, and in case those were exhausted I had another 10 single line descriptions of ideas for other rooms/events. I wish I had time to draw the whole thing up. Probably could've made the tower scenario more engaging rather than seemingly never-ending. But that's the way it goes.

• Like 3

Hey Sark, this isn't much of a question as it is an invitation. I work a couple of Renaissance Festivals across the country, and I do a podcast called the HobCast. I play beloved entertainer Hob The Troll, and it's part interview, part improv. Some of my guests are seasoned stage acts from the Ren Fest circuit, other guests include some folks from the Thrilling Adventure Hour, Deborah Reed from Troll 2, Rodney Anonymous from the Dead Milkmen, BUT ENOUGH NAME DROPPING! I would like to formally extend an invitation to you, and the whole Nerd Poker gang. Whoever would like to do it! I love the show, and I thought it would be fun to have an interview with Blackie, Mildred, Sir Richard, Bart, Damien, and whatever NPC you'd like to be interviewed!

We could do it via Skype or the phone, whatever is easiest. Let me know if you (or anybody else) would be interested!

-Stevo

I appreciate the invite! We actually listened to a Hob The Troll song one of these weeks before recording. Between my YouTube channel, Nerd Poker, and my recently announced Baby Sark, I may have to take a rain check until my days are in something resembling order but again, I truly appreciate it!

• Like 2

Hey Sark. No question at the moment. I've been listening to the podcast for a few months now, and I'm so happy that the campaign is going so well! The Spelljamming travel has been a particularly nice touch as a refreshing nuance that adds unlimited variety and possibility to your game, and I definitely approve of the move from 4th edition. Also, I'm loving your villain. Raising the stakes by continually having the Necromancer perform both generayl and specifically dispicable acts has been really fun to listen to, and I think due to that, the inevitable confrontation between him and the party will only be that much more rewarding. Keep up the good work, man! You're an inspiration!

Glad you're enjoying! I'm actually surprised we've kept this campaign going for as long as we have considering how crazy the last couple years have been for the party (irl). Should be a good fight when these guys catch up to this old fucker.

Okay, another question for Sark. Just listened to #53, and I have to ask - do you creep yourself out coming up with these stories? I mean the planet of corpses was bad enough, but you're really pulling all the stops out now.

I GMed a game once that involved my players trying to rescue a boy from a religious cult who considered him their Savior. They found out that the boy was going to be sacrificed and his blood used to anoint the conception of the next Savior. The twist - the boy knew what was going to happen and didn't want to be rescued. I felt like I needed to scrub my brain clean after thinking that up. Do you feel that way after these darker episodes?

Yep. I love freaking myself out. Sort of a rush, actually.

• Like 2

Not really Nerd Poker related but after listening to your tales of Halo tournies and whatnot I was watching some humorous GTA V vids and heard a familiar name. So... @ 0:32, is this you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phztK12htyw&feature=share&list=SPfnxf35wGXWfxTD8M2alhcBByqmK903iP&index=8

Yeah, I've been working in videogame media for nearly 10yrs, and recently went independent with my own YouTube channel. That vid is one of my buddy's GTA videos. I realized when I read your post I didn't have a link to my YouTube channel in my profile so I've added that below. Pretty goofy stuff,

• Like 6

Yeah, I've been working in videogame media for nearly 10yrs, and recently went independent with my own YouTube channel. That vid is one of my buddy's GTA videos. I realized when I read your post I didn't have a link to my YouTube channel in my profile so I've added that below. Pretty goofy stuff,

Your vids on Nether were pretty funny lol

Dearest Sark (and/or whoever's in charge of episodes),

Christmas is Wednesday.... Can we have two episodes or an extra long episode, please? PLEASE don't take a week off. Same for the New Year.

Thanks,

Jordan

• Like 1