🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
choochoo_the_wonder_slut

Questions for Sark

Hey Sark! Next time you guys get together, do you think you could just take a quick snapshot of the character sheets with gear and stats? We want it for the Character Drawings thread! :) Thanks for the show!

• Like 4

Dearest Sark (and/or whoever's in charge of episodes),

Christmas is Wednesday.... Can we have two episodes or an extra long episode, please? PLEASE don't take a week off. Same for the New Year.

Thanks,

Jordan

They recorded 3 episodes last week to cover the Holiday break.

• Like 5

So. im going to make spell charts for the casters. just so i will stop going crazy when they start practicing magics. we can have memorized spell lists for Blackie and Damien.

I will try to whip them up this weekend. Hopefully to end my irritation....

Hey Sark, I was listening to an old episode recently, and you guys were talking about you writing down what the group missed/fucked up by making certain decisions, and then recapping later. Is that still something that's going to happen? Cause I'm really keen to see what you original plans were for the story and what could have been.

Thanks for doing what you do by the way, you're a really entertaining guy.

• Like 4

Hey Sark! I was lead to nerd poker after watching an old episode of Radio Respawn with Gerry Duggan featured. I'm a long time watcher of your community of gamers (Hutch, Nanners, Gassy, etc.) You're my favorite youtuber as a side note.

I was wondering if there was a possibilty if you could put together a game of D&D with some of your youtube compatriots. I would love to see a campaign with You, Nanners, Hutch, Apl, Gassy, Diction, Juicetra or really any of the people you play with. I know that due to schedules and distances and fatherhood and things this is probably a difficult task, but I just wanted to throw this idea out there.

Also, do any of said compatriots play Dungeons and Also Dragons to your knowledge?

Thanks!

Weird question...where did Sark grow up? I know he mentioned moving a lot, but im wondering if it was all in the same General area?

• Like 1

Weird question...where did Sark grow up? I know he mentioned moving a lot, but im wondering if it was all in the same General area?

I think he mentioned Utah once. I could be wrong. I know there were references to growing up Mormon.

Hey Sark, I was listening to an old episode recently, and you guys were talking about you writing down what the group missed/fucked up by making certain decisions, and then recapping later. Is that still something that's going to happen? Cause I'm really keen to see what you original plans were for the story and what could have been.

Co-sign, love to see this.

• Like 3

I'm looking forward to the youtube vid he's gonna put up soon of his re-visit to his Hollywood Halo Social Club buddies. Hearing about it in earlier podcasts really piqued my interests in seeing what went on then.

Hi Sark,

I hope all is well. Long time listener, first time posting. Love the show!

In light of the recent episodes where everyone was poking fun at the whole White Wolf/vampire genre, I had to share some of my tattoos with you as I thought you might get a laugh out of them. Remember the Book of Nod? yeah, that's the skull to the left and the order of the flying duck (Long Live the Insanity!) aka Malkavian mirror to the right.

I listen to you guys at work and I can't help but laugh out loud in my small office (and receiving confused glares from my coworker) whenever there's mention of vampires, glow sticks and walking in slow motion, etc. You guys crack me up.

My apologizes that this is not a question per se, but I couldn't resist. Thanks for helping me keep sane at work. I look forward to each episode and have fallen in love with all of you! Keep up the good work!

~*Twigg*~

24536511-4d2f-4cef-a310-99bba8d8a2ba.jpg

Hey Sark, long time listener (first time poster-er). I saw this and it reminded me of Nerd Poker.659833.jpg

That is getting printed out and getting put on my DM folder!

• Like 1

Question for Sark:

I can't get the Benny Hill theme out of my head now. I've been obsessed with it for a week. What do I do?

Hail Sark, the wise and knowing!

When DMing for an inebreiated player character, do you modify the game to reflect a possible impairment on their part? While I love the way Gerry is roleplaying a drunken Sir Richard, his abilities don't seem to have been affected by a few days of constant drinking. Is our beloved resident Elwood Blues ("We're on a mission from god.") really that powerful, or has he been taking it easy on the sauce?

Also, being pretty unfamiliar with D&D, I had to google Bahamut. In setting up the new character with Gerry, was Bahamut chosen intentionally, or is it just a big coincidence that he worships a dragon deity? In what ways, if any, does this sway his feeling towards Bart? Does Bart also worship Bahamut as a dragon born?

I love the podcast, the references, (Kudos to Sara for the thinly veiled 'Into the Woods' reference in episode 62) the bad impressions, and especially the laugh of Trondoor. I find myself laughing like him just for pure amusement at random points throughout the day. You guys make me look forward to Wednesdays. Keep up the great work, and thanks for broadcasting this!

• Like 1

Dear Sark,

You're a f***ing great DM!

Don't let anybody (coughyouallknowwhocough) tell you otherwise.

Looking forward to the time we hear all your unused story threads!

Cheers,

GoK

Some friends and I have been considering starting a game. However, none of us have actually played before, and no one want's to DM. So Sark, or anyone else, how can we figure out who should DM and what game we should try (pathfinder, 2ed, etc.)?

Hey Sark have you seen these videos on torches?

Not to call you a shitty DM but the idea that the torches you keep referencing wouldn't make the tunnels smoky and require constant relighting is a little bothersome. Also, why would underworld dwellers like the rats need torch light? Shouldn't their eyes be attuned to low light or even total darkness?

My thought, in future perhaps replace torches with luminescent moss or fungus that the rats have cultivated to allow a constant, non-smoky, low intensity light source?

Not a huge deal, but every time you mentioned a torch lit area I kept having flashbacks to Lloyd's videos.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Hey Sark have you seen these videos on torches?

Not to call you a shitty DM but the idea that the torches you keep referencing wouldn't make the tunnels smoky and require constant relighting is a little bothersome. Also, why would underworld dwellers like the rats need torch light? Shouldn't their eyes be attuned to low light or even total darkness?

My thought, in future perhaps replace torches with luminescent moss or fungus that the rats have cultivated to allow a constant, non-smoky, low intensity light source?

Not a huge deal, but every time you mentioned a torch lit area I kept having flashbacks to Lloyd's videos.

Cheers.

Ugh, MY IMMERSION!!

You have a guy walking around with limbs of holy light, an old necromancer living in a tower on a planet of corpses, they just flew on a dead dwarf, but you're concerned about the use of these darned worrisome torches. Is that part just too unbelievable?

• Like 1

Ugh, MY IMMERSION!!

You have a guy walking around with limbs of holy light, an old necromancer living in a tower on a planet of corpses, they just flew on a dead dwarf, but you're concerned about the use of these darned worrisome torches. Is that part just too unbelievable?

Must agree - everyone should remember that the DM sets the level of realism/fantasy that they play in. If you want to get down to the torches, then how is a man flying and shooting magic missiles out of his hand. I mean, c'mon.

Hey Sark and guys,check this http://m.dictionary.com/definition/guy my memory serves me correctly this time! Guys can be used to address both sexes. Also can be used to describe a grotesquely dressed person which I have never heard used before.

Also Dave the torch guy just came across some cool information, I think it was intended just to share. Remember how some of us nerds speak irl, that might have just happened in text. He's a backward nerd. Bio luminescent moss is a cool idea keep that in your dm arsenal.

I wanted to calculate how much radiation or heat the cast members received from being in open space 2 hours from the sun but I couldn't with what I know. Anyone got tumors yet Sark?

• Like 2

Sark, I'll be damned if you aren't just the most likeable guy on YouTube, and - even though I don't watch a many (i.e. any) video game play-throughs except yours - I really enjoy the content you put out.

I'd really, really love it if you played some games with fellow Nerd Poker players.

I love the dynamic you guys have, and I'm sure that people who aren't familiar with the podcast would still enjoy watching this delightful troupe fight off a gang of ravenous zombies.

Basically, my question is, 'is there any chance of seeing the NP gang appear on your awesome YouTube channel?'

Thanks!

Sark,

I was lucky to get tickets to see Brian in Austin a couple weeks ago and appreciate the donor shoutout. I didn't realize the check needed to be made payable to Earwolf rather than Nerd Poker. Let me know if you are unable to cash it and I will send another one out. Thanks!

Chris Zepeda

• Like 1