Thinking about wacky 90's kid movies, several films come to mind: Heavyweights, Blank Check, Richie Rich, Man of the House, etc.
However, one that is absolutely insane is "Camp Nowhere".
Morris "Mud" Himmel has a problem. His parents desperately want to send him away to summer camp. He hates going to summer camp, and would do anything to get out of it. Talking to his friends, he realises that they are all facing the same sentence: a boring summer camp. Together with his friends, he hatches a plan to trick all the parents into sending them to a camp of his own design, which would actually be a parent-free paradise. Blackmailing former drama teacher Dennis Van Welker into helping, they must convince the parents that the camp is genuine, and that they aren't allowed to visit...
Here's why it's Bonkers:
1. Kid blackmails Adult (Christopher Lloyd) into creating fake camp to trick parents.
2. Christopher Lloyd plays several odd characters.
3. Doc Brown and Biff reunited on film first-time since BTTF.
4. Jessica Alba's first film credit.
5. Awkward pre-teen convos like this:
Gaby: Guys can be geeks, but it's different for girls. I'm gonna wind up wearing a hairnet and serving Jell-o in the cafeteria!
"Mud": That won't happen, because a lot of girls start out... lumpy. But you'll get thinner, and then you'll start to grow... chests, and then you'll be going out with guys who hang me up by my underwear.
6. The crazy haircuts of the 90's:
Thoughts on this movie?