🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 54.5 — Minisode 54.5

Next week we take a look at an often requested fan favorite, Al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate! Paul reads some of the many Corrections & Omissions for The Odd Life of Timothy Green and tells us if either the snake from Anaconda or Sylvester Stallone from Cobra would win in a fight. Be sure to get your tickets for a special Valentine’s Day episode of How Did This Get Made? LIVE Feb. 13th at Largo where Paul, June, Jason, and special guest Nick Kroll will discuss the movie From Justin to Kelly!

If Kelly Clarkson plops her fat ass down on your toilet, you better get the plunger ready.

She BEEFS.

She’ll drop 5 or 6 forearm-sized logs in there with no flushes in between. Rumor has it that on the set of “From Justin to Kelly” she used to shit in the shower and heel it down the drain.

• Like 1

Gotta go with Caleb on this one. It's as if Pet Semetary 2 was made solely for the purposes of this podcast. To quote Jason, that movie is literally bananas!

Gotta go with Caleb on this one. It's as if Pet Semetary 2 was made solely for the purposes of this podcast. To quote Jason, that movie is literally bananas!

That movie has the #1 most anti-climactic protagonist death in history.

Pet Semetary 2 is straight up bananas, but Dreamcatcher has a magical retarded psychic with cancer and also aliens. Thats a movie that makes you go "WHAT THE FUCK" every 3 minutes

Cool I Made Paul Scheer Laugh. Stuff like thats why the internet is so fucking awesome. I Couldn't believe Cosmopolis didnt get nominated for any razzies It was by far the worst movie of last year. Bad Acting, Bad Cgi, Bad Dialogue and Boring. The dialogue sounds like it was translated from another language. Robert Pattinson has a New York Accent sometimes randomly. The Plot was really simple but they try to make it all vague. Scenes are edited out of order like the Pet Shop scene from The Room. Really weird bad movie. Might make a funny episode of How Did this Get Made.

I think Dreamcatcher also has the most activity out of all the movie suggestion threads on the forum, so there's that.

• Like 1

I feel like I only catch the part of this movie with Pacino's speech every time it's on TV. It seems like everyone who yells out one-sided conversations on crowded subways has it memorized word-for-word.

Just wondering if anyone else realized that "Odd Timmy Green" plot sounds like it was loosely based on the 2000 Czech Republic horror movie "Little Otik". Which I think itself is based off an old East Europe folktale. Anyway, check the movie out, it is more odd and disturbing than scary.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Little_Otik

I'm legit psyched for this episode, TDA is one of my favorite movies of ALL TIME. My dad bought the DVD when I was a kid and from first viewing it was in monthly rotation, despite being widly innapropriate for my age.

THEY TOOK MY OVARIES, KEVIN!

Good choice, now they just need to do "2 Days in the Valley" to complete the Charlize Theron Nudity Trinity.

I actually just saw an ad on TV for Stamps.com, so I guess it's legit, but I still think it sounds like a service that's most successful with serial killers and kidnappers...

'The Devil's Advocate' is a perfect pick for a HDTGM and I actually consider this one of my all-time 'rewatchables'. It has some watchability factor that lets me get a kick out of it every 8-14 months when it just so happens to be on TV while I'm flicking around channels.

Yeah..Pacino really goes full-on Hoo-Ya WhoA! and quite frankly Keanu + Pacino is somehow so retarded I dunno.. its like tard-magic goodness every time.

100% psyched for this!

I know The Devil's Advocate really isn't about the legal system, but for a movie in which so much of its action takes place in court rooms and legal offices, and whose main characters are lawyers, it really plays fast and loose with... laws. I mean, trials that would typically go on for months have opening arguments and verdicts reached in seemingly the same afternoon.

I know a lot of people blame Keanu for being all Keanu, but this movie has so many other problems that keep it from being "good" good. No character is consistent, all these Biblical quotes and references are totally random and horrendously obvious, and the "twists" at the end seem pretty pointless. But if I come across it on TV, I still think to myself, "haha, THIS movie. Nice."

Straight up, Dreamcatcher should have been done already. I think we're all in agreement about that being far and away the weirdest thing to come out of the Stephen King machine, and the weirdest thing is how very true to the source material it is. Reading the book I kept having to look back to make sure it was all the same story. Insane.

Clearly this film has its fans, but jesus christ I couldn't even get through it. The first 45 minutes of this movie is friggin' torture - sooooooooo boring!

Charlize Theron is a great actress? Well, this film would be exhibit A for prosecutors trying to prove the opposite. She should have to give back her Oscar as a trade-off for her performance in this film. Her performance in this movie is horrific - even by Lifetime movie standards.

To boring a phrase from Jason - 'The Devil's Advocate' is 'stone-cold' stupifying.

Charlize Theron is a great actress? Well, this film would be exhibit A for prosecutors trying to prove the opposite. She should have to give back her Oscar as a trade-off for her performance in this film. Her performance in this movie is horrific - even by Lifetime movie standards.

She was a converted model acting in her sixth movie, and probably the first requiring any serious acting. I'm guessing she wouldn't pretend that she was even a remotely good actress at that point. She won her Oscar six years later.

She was a converted model acting in her sixth movie, and probably the first requiring any serious acting. I'm guessing she wouldn't pretend that she was even a remotely good actress at that point. She won her Oscar six years later.

She should have to give it back for "Aeon Flux" then, agreed?

After watching this movie, this movie doesn't seem all that bad, especially when you compare it to some of the other movies that are show cased on this podcast. However, I do take issue with Keanu Reeves attempt at (I think) a Florida accent. It was annoying that Reeves went in and out of that accent. Also annoying was Reeves stiff acting.

*****Spoilers!*******

The intimate scenes were also very interesting. Especially the one with Kevin Lomax and Mary Ann Lomax/Christabella Andreoli. I was thinking as an actor, they must have known that these scenes were coming and I was wondering why they would say yes to this project given how sexual the scene was. Then I watched the scene where Theron's character commits suicide and looking back at the arc of Mary Ann Lomax's story arc, I can see why Theron would be interested in taking on this character. To me, all the characters had their own interesting arcs. Granted the story arc of Mary Ann Lomax had a few bumps in it, especially in the beginning where she was so happy that her husband was winning all those cases and then realizing that it may not be all cracked up to be. Another problem was the first fight she had with her husband for leaving her at the party. Wait? You're mad just because your husband left you at the party for work? The fight felt like Kevin cheated on her. Speaking of cheating, but did anyone else feel that Mary Ann Lomax was much more attractive than Christabella? In my mind, I kept on thinking why would Kevin ever want to be with Christabella when he's with Mary Ann? Don't get me wrong, both women are very attractive, but the slight edge to Mary Ann.

Also did anyone else feel that the church that Kevin's mom attends looked like the church where the cult followers from "Drive Angry" were first introduced?

I loved at the end where Al Pacino explodes with fire is an representation of Pacino exploding with emotion. I would like to think the fire came from within Pacino and not special effects. So great.