🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 113 — Pullin Wool

Rob Huebel returns to talk about his good buddy George Clooney on today’s Who Charted! It starts off erotically charged as Howard and Kulap talk to Rob about when he lost his virginity and they discuss sexy airlines and getting mobbed by fans at this year’s Sundance. Things then get real as Rob confronts Kulap about a fight she may have sparked between Rob and his lady. They also countdown the Top 5 Heat Seeking singles on the Billboard chart and Mama and Zero Dark Thirty get the business while counting down the movie chart. Plus, Rob takes a swing at Chart Goose!

I guess when you really think about it, a goose laying an egg is almost like... a gooses time of the month? But it happens every day. So ladies....stop complainin', Birds have it worse.

All white devils look the same to Kulap. So prejudiced.

This is the best episode in a while. I like Rob because he is funny and not pathologically extroverted.

• Like 1

The Parker novels were published as by "Richard Stark"...which was the pseudonym of Donald Westlake, who might be best remembered for writing the novel THE HOT ROCK (which was adapted for the Robert Redford film)(the character Dortmunder Redford played was a sort of less-insane, and much unluckier, version of Parker), adapting the novel for the film THE GRIFTERS, and writing the script for the great, original film THE STEPFATHER...he was a great writer.

Mr. Mike in MISTER MIKE'S MONDO VIDEO wasn't the MR. BILL guy, but the more sophisticated (and even more nihilistic) Michael O'Donoghue...who did things such as the comix PHOEBE ZEITGEIST for EVERGREEN REVIEW before doing work with and for NATIONAL LAMPOON and SNL in the early years. O'Donoghue was responsible for the first SNL sketch ever, with MO'D "teaching" John Belushi English with phrases about putting his eyes out with spikes...M'OD's character has a heart attack and collapses, and Belushi's isn't certain what to do, so continues to imitate his tutor. I think they were the first two SNL on-air talent actually to die, as well...("Mr. Hands" didn't have that good a time of it later on, either...)

I think we can all agree that Chris Gore was the worst guest.

Good point.
  • Like 1

Speaking of Mondo Video...

But yes...Chris Gore was probably the worst guest.

Rob cutting in with a question right after the simultaneous "NUMBER ONE..." on the music chart was like getting kicked in the nuts right at the point of orgasm... Charts are a sexy experience for me, I guess.

This was a pretty awesome episode.

Side note: After the Earwolf sign off New Born Baby Colt plays and its amazing.

Edited by TheNarnold

Rob Huebel has an attitude that's somehow cocky and self-deprecating at the same time, and it is 100% hilarious. He's always an engaging guest on podcasts. Listen to his 2 appearances on Jordan, Jesse, Go! if you haven't already.

All the Chris Gore mentions actually made me go back and try to listen to that episode again. I bailed when he started talking about "rock and roll shopping." That guy really was the worst guest ever.

• Like 2

Great episode. Like everyone else, I assumed that Kulap was dying to shout out Gore's name (and sort of thought she would just do it eventually).

Howard and Huebel are similar ages?! How did Howard fail to protect that? Loved it!

Also love a shout out to Nashville on nearly every episode.

I think we can all agree that Chris Gore was the worst guest.

Fairly certain this was who both of them immediately thought of when he mentioned it (you could tell they had someone in mind - at least Kulap did), but they're both just too nice to say it.

I saw the episode title and mistakenly thought it was about Pauline Wool, which I immediately imagined as a militant lesbian with a frat-boy's love of anonymous sex.

"Bro, I totally got laid last night after the Our Bodies Ourselves Q&A. Pound it in, bro. Check it. Elizabeth Katy Stanton? I'd totes hit that shit."

Great episode. I lost it when Hubes said the bit about the squirrel.

I agree, Chris Gore was the worst. I also didn't like being talked down to by Nick Thorburn.

• Like 1

It is pretty obvious who the worst guest ever was, and he managed to be the worst across multiple earwolf shows. The fear to say his name must be because he's either in the critic-ing game or some Beetlejuice type of situation. Darken the Earwolf doorstep no more.

Sign in to follow this