🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
mezdup

Predators (2010)

so i recently started listening to this podcast from the beginning and i just finished Episode 9: Fast Five with Adam Scott (fantastic episode). towards the end you guys mentioned doing one for Predators and i think that movie would be perfect for an episode. i mean that movie is utterly ridiculous in so many ways. i'm excited just thinking about what you guys would talk about haha. it would be a good opportunity to bring Adam Scott back for an episode as well.

• Like 2

I haven't seen it since it was in theaters, but I remember wondering why they had to throw in the twist with the serial killer. It LITERALLY added nothing to the story. Yeah, you know what a movie about the Predator needs? A plot twist.

Anyway, I gotta go, it's bitch-raping time...

I loved the insaneness of this movie. What's funny about the plot twist is that you kind of expected there being something more to that character, but more so is that when I went to the Wikipedia page to find when the movie was coming out in theaters, it had brief character descriptions which just said that he was secretly a serial killer, ruining the surprise for casual viewers. God I hope there is a Predators 2, Adrien would do it, especially since he is doing crap like inAPPropriate Movie.

The twist means absolutely nothing though, and that's the funny thing. In a movie full of openly horrible people, here's just one more, y'know? "Oh, you're a murderer? It's cool dude, we already knew". The twist comes at the end and doesn't affect anything at all aside from him paralyzing the girl or whatever it was, which doesn't amount to anything. He wasn't manipulating things throughout the movie or anything, which would have at least given us the tried and true "It was him all along!" flashback montage. If anything, it would have been a better twist if he was a known serial killer the entire time just for him to do something HEROIC at the end. Eh, oh well.

I didn't think Predators was all that bad.. I am not saying it was 5 stars but it was OK. now maybe if it had Gary Busey and Danny Glover plus maybe some Bill Paxton. then you would have your self some hollywood magic in a can.. thats what you'd have there I tell you...,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100403/

What's kind of a bummer was that they weren't able to do the original ending that Robert Rodriguez had written which instead of the final two fighters looking up into the sky seeing the next wave of targets being released onto the hunting reserve, a ship lands in front of them, with a couple Predators of the same group as the captive one was, followed by Arnold Schwarzenegger coming out behind them and congratulating them on a good job but that it's only the beginning. A similar ending was also apparently set for the latest Predator film where instead of some Predator super armor being in the ship the army finds at the end, it's actually Arnold, which would work better instead of the other two endings which were actually filmed that had either Ellen Ripley or somehow and adult version of Newt as the Predator Killer being sent to the humans, regardless that neither of those characters wouldn't be born for another 70 and 115 years, respectively.

Sign in to follow this