🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stnt_xf1YHE

Let me describe the first five minutes of Traxx: Shadoe Stevens plays a renegade cop who who takes down a couple of goons holed up in a pet store, holding a monkey hostage. Then he gets fired and becomes a mercenary, fighting his way through El Salvador and Nicaragua. Then he gets tired of that and settles down to a life of baking cookies. Unfortunately, the town he lives in is over run with crime and Traxx decides to put and end to it.

Again, that all happens in 5 minutes. And during this 5 minutes, 8 people are either thrown through windows, fall out of windows or jump through windows.

It's an amazing movie. It's even more amazing because if it were just a little more self-aware it would be a really good comedy.

SPOILER ALERT: At the end there's a cameo by Famous Amos.

This... looks... insane... It looks like Hudson Hawk without the great direction or acting chops.

This played in Portland last year as part of the Hollywood Theater's monthly B-Movie Bingo. Shadoe Stevens was in attendance! He was a very nice man and had a very good sense of humor about the film. It's actually a fun watch, bad though it may be, as Shadoe has a certain charisma that many leads in other terrible movies lack.

I'm not sure if there was any reaction to the movie when it came out, but at the time of it's release (?), Stevens STILL would have been the most dignified person on "Hollywood Squares".

I thought for sure I would be the first to suggest this one. I haven't seen it for 20 years I bet. The scene where the bad guys pass a line of bicyclers and all hang out the windows of their limo with ball bats and have batting practice reminds me of my girlfriend a little. I picture it everytime she complains about getting stuck behind a bicycle and it makes me laugh.