🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 114 — Surfing Rainbows

The thing that really bothered me, more than the Chris Gore or any other no chemistry guest, was that Steve-O was he just ignored all the interjections that our beloved hosts tried to say, and went on with his story very dismissive of what they said.

• Like 1

I found it very interesting that in the discussion about Killer Karaoke that Steve spent a great deal of time talking about cruelty to animals, and never once acknowledged that the entire show is basically cruelty as entertainment. Yes, the contestants presumably signed up for it, but it doesn't make the show any less reprehensible.

• Like 2

Being a hypocrite for your own gains is the absolute worst kind of hypocrite.

That's pretty much everyone's main motivation for hypocrisy though, isn't it?

When did the Earwolf forum turn into the comment section of the AV Club?

• Like 3

I once knew a guy that talked just like Steve-O, he did the same exact shit, just talk over you, go on and on with story after story, and kind of not notice that you're there. His name was Dave-O.

I propose anybody who chronically interrupts gets an O attached to their first name

Pete chronically interrupts people, bang, we start to call him Pete-O.

Katie can't shut up, boom, Katie-O.

It would be a perfect way to identify the chronic interrupters and subsequent long-winded story-tellers.

I have to say that Steve-O came across as an alright guy, maybe a little manic, but I don't think worse of him for the appearance.

Did Steve-o not know what show he was coming onto? I mean he should have been told that this is not the show to talk and talk and talk about himself, and the stupid shit he is doing now. I literally could not stand this.

I mean seriously he would not shut the fuck up. I'm such a huge fan of who charted, and I don't mind deviations in the way things are usually done, but come on. This guy legit just talked and talked about FUCKING NOTHING forever. I was legit excited about Steve-o coming on, but this infuriated me so much I made an account to post on the forums.

And to answer my question that I started this post with, it appears that he is aware of what the podcast is as he is participating in the music chart (albeit talking and not letting kulap or Howard talk). So he just didn't give a shit about this podcast.

Ugh, I'm glad he's clean but maybe Steve should just stay behind the scenes and be happy.

None of this shit was Howard or Kulaps fault. To make this a constructive comment, perhaps for future, if they are going to have people who are not so familiar with the show, make sure they will absolutely not do this. Make them listen to this episode and say DON'T DO THIS. I hope Howard and Kulap go outside of the normal "earwolfniverse" again, just not like this. Ahh I shouldn't be so angry, positivity. SUMMAH IS AROUND THE CORNER.

I didn't have a problem with this episode. As Kulap has said in many introductions, the charts are an excuse to get to know the guests. Well, Steve-O talked so much that the charts took a backseat - does anyone really feel ripped off that they didn't get to hear more opinions on some songs? - but we got to know a lot about where he's at these days. And why would anybody think Steve-O knew what this podcast was supposed to be before he showed up? I get that it was abrasive, and his voice was difficult to listen to, but that garnered more sympathy from me than animosity. He just sounded like someone going through a manic episode, not somebody with an agenda or trying too hard to be funny. Jackass and Wildboyz were big enough for me that I was genuinely bummed when it was obvious he was on a downward spiral in that fake gangsta rap era, so I'm actually happy for the guy that he's found ways of enjoying life in non-self-destructive ways. It seems hypocrisy has been a major bone of contention in these comments but he admitted his hypocrisy, feels regret and wants to make things right. It's nice to hear how self aware he his, how deep thinking he is (though I can't get on board with some of the more out there stances)... like at least he knew that, say, the rainbow thing sounded far fetched. There are a few very loud regular guests who I have to skip when I see they're on, even though I love Howard & Kulap and do enjoy the format of the show. This episode doesn't annoy me the way those do, and when they happen - guess what, I just keep my mouth shut because this is a weird place for negativity. (Did I just passive-aggressively contradict myself?) Wait, why did I just write a novel about this episode? I guess just a weird need to defend it, but it doesn't seem likely that Steve-O would be a returning guest no matter how the episode went.

You're all whiny little bitches. It's a fucking free podcast. Steve-O referred to this as an interview, it's obvious he's not familiar with the format of the show. He's been conditioned to talk a lot and elaborate in interviews because that's what shitty morning radio station interviewers want. I can't believe anyone could get their jimmies so rustled over a free podcast; some of you must not have much else worthwhile in your lives. It's sad.

Yeah, I can't believe people are using a forum designed for feedback to offer feedback,

26988407.jpg

• Like 3

I really enjoyed this episode! I've never been the biggest Jackass fan, so I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Steve-O. He sounds like a great guy and that he has really grown up. All the Howard connections were great. I really like it when people are positive and don't just decide to shit on everything. Admit that you love pop music and The Hunger Games if that's what you love. I do!

• Like 1

I really like it when people are positive and don't just decide to shit on everything. Admit that you love pop music and The Hunger Games if that's what you love. I do!

I'll agree with you there. It's why I don't really like the idea of 'guilty pleasures' - you either like something or you don't, you shouldn't feel compelled to justify it.

You're all whiny little bitches. It's a fucking free podcast. Steve-O referred to this as an interview, it's obvious he's not familiar with the format of the show. He's been conditioned to talk a lot and elaborate in interviews because that's what shitty morning radio station interviewers want. I can't believe anyone could get their jimmies so rustled over a free podcast; some of you must not have much else worthwhile in your lives. It's sad.

I don't think it ruined anyone's life but as fans we have the right to voice our opinions. While it is free financially it is a commitment of time and I for one felt this one was not worth the hour of my time. As for calling people sad, you're complaining about people complaining so isn't that like double sad?The fact that people who are just saying they didn't like this episode seems to as you said "Rustle your jimmies" quite a bit, at least enough to come and on here and use tired internet memes and swear, show's who the sad one is without anything in their lives.

• Like 3

Steve-O referred to this as an interview, it's obvious he's not familiar with the format of the show. He's been conditioned to talk a lot and elaborate in interviews because that's what shitty morning radio station interviewers want.

I wonder if Howard and Kulap explain the format to guests before they go on air. If they don't, we can't really blame Steve-O for the podcast being unlike other episodes.

It was better than the Chris Gore episode. Steve-O was really positive and open. Gore was abrasive and creepy.

I enjoyed this episode. I know he wasn't a typical guest, but the conversation in the episode wasn't completely unrelated to the music/movie charts or pop culture. He had points of view related to movies and music both on and off the charts, which I enjoyed. I think it's the responsibility of the hosts to keep the flow of the show going. They could have made commercial break pause to right the ship and tell Steve about the format of the show. We would have been none the wiser, upon returning from the commercial break. Honestly, they seemed to be okay with the direction it was taking.

Yeah, I can't believe people are using a forum designed for feedback to offer feedback,

Calling the guest an asshole/hypocrite/attention whore isn't feedback.

• Like 1

Calling the guest an asshole/hypocrite/attention whore isn't feedback.

Being that it was the opinion of a lot of listeners, it's actually the definition of feedback.

• Like 1

I thought this was a great episode. Some of the feedback on here is just weirdly mean and ugly though. Howard & Kulap seemed to have a great, positive time despite some of the strongly worded concerns in this thread.

• Like 1

I'm disappointed at how one-dimensional most of your expectations of a podcast are.

Run away if people aren't smiling, happy, and laughing together at all times. RUN!!!

Sorry for the negativity, but I loved the change of pace even though Steve-O was out of his element and talked a lot.

Maybe Scott and Jeff should give him a show :)

Big ups to WC for branching out.

Big ups to Steve-O for moving forward in life.

- Open minded fan

so wait, is Steve-O's new show running over How and Ku's timeslot?

wow, I almost couldn't finish this episode, and that's never happened before. but i kept powering through, in many small doses, and I came out the other side alive and healthy. is this what rehab is like?

and Pizza Tears, that's just not how THIS show works. and even still we've heard talkative guests before who hold back the usual content. but Steve-O seemed to have no respect for anyone else's voice. constantly and intentionally cutting off the hosts when they have something to say.

it just comes off self centered and rude. maybe he's oblivious, and doesn't know how inconsiderate he is being, but regardless of why it happened, it happened. and it wasn't fun to listen to.

and just to clarify one more little thing: this IS a free show, I don't feel ripped off or that I'm owed anything, not in the slightest. this is about a guest who flat out refused to let the hosts be a part of their own show, and I felt very awkward on their behalf.

btw, I think I know who the worst guest is from last weeks discussion but I forget his name. maybe I'll. browse that thread and see if everyone agrees. it was the guy who kept shitting on Howard right? last spring (or so)? now THAT episode was much more awkward than this.

@jars

" it just comes off self centered and rude. maybe he's oblivious, and doesn't know how inconsiderate he is being, but regardless of why it happened, it happened. and it wasn't fun to listen to. "

This is exactly what i'm talking about; I agree completely. It wasn't "fun" for you guys, so you wanted to turn it off. I kept it on because it was interesting. Maybe I just like watching potential train wrecks more than you guys. I'll check out this Gore episode everyone is talking about and might have a different opinion.

Cheers

I was at a relative's house and there was an interview show on tv with Steve-O as the guest, and be didn't let that host speak either.

but hey, at least he wasn't talking about Jesus right? haha

Sign in to follow this