🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 114.5 — 2/8/13 Two Charted 53

Ku- Ku and Wie- Wie recap their past week including; their Super bowl fun, the similarities between Howard and recent guest Steve-O, and the ion necklace Howard has been rocking. Howard counts down the Top 5 songs that he and his former lovers would groove to and it's sensual listening. Kulap shares about letting Andre 3000 use the bathroom and she counts down her Top 5 Beyonce songs! It’s fantastic!

Really apperciate a Tooch after this week's Whooch. It truly emphasizes how this is my favorite podcast.

I fucking love that Lynn Shore Kulap Dubstep Remix! Hate to say it but Lynn Shore kinda rivals Wie in themes.

Man the fact Howard had Care of Cell 44 on his chart is awesome. Its such an amazing song, the Zombies never get any love.

• Like 2

Man the fact Howard had Care of Cell 44 on his chart is awesome. Its such an amazing song, the Zombies never get any love.

I thought the same thing! I fucking LOVE the zombies man.

I wonder how everyone decrying this week's Whooch as the Worst Episode Ever will handle the news that Kulap and Howard enjoyed it so much they created a B-B-B-BONUS-S-S-S Chart on the fly, listing the parallels between Howard and Steve-O.

Compare this with the Tooch following Chris Gore's appearance, where they said literally nothing about him beyond the fact that he appeared on the show.

• Like 2

Hate to do this to ya Howie - but your medallion immediately reminded me of the "E Pluribus Anus" flag from Community.

• Like 3

Hate to do this to ya Howie - but your medallion immediately reminded me of the "E Pluribus Anus" flag from Community.

YES!

I wonder how everyone decrying this week's Whooch as the Worst Episode Ever will handle the news that Kulap and Howard enjoyed it so much they created a B-B-B-BONUS-S-S-S Chart on the fly, listing the parallels between Howard and Steve-O.

Compare this with the Tooch following Chris Gore's appearance, where they said literally nothing about him beyond the fact that he appeared on the show.

Thanks for wondering, Dan! I'm personally handling it by partaking in an ancient ritual involving sackcloth and ash. I'd appreciate your prayers, because if this doesn't work, it's on to ice cream and Nora Ephron movies, and, from there, all that's left is heroin.

Honestly, though, I am glad they had a good time. I thought they seemed to like Steve-O, and that's great! As for me, I have a deeper appreciation for why I love Whooch, and I'm looking forward to the next episode.

• Like 5

Glad Howard finally gave due props to the underrated Destiny's Child song, "Irre-blake-able"

• Like 1

What did you think about the episode?

What did you think about the episode?

I thought it was a marked departure from the usual Whooch format, with more Real Talk™ and less LA comedy inside baseball, but Howard and Ku seemed to enjoy the ride.

I get how Steve-O can be grating to some — I was a huge Jackass/cKy fan from day one, and he was never my favorite member — but he seems like a nice guy and the howls of disapproval in the other thread were overboard. Especially since the handful of people complaining loudest had a total of ~15 forum posts between them. I feel compelled to question the motives of anyone who registers an account just to shit on something.

• Like 1

I feel compelled to question the motives of anyone who registers an account just to shit on something.

Would you rather they had all kept their opinions to themselves and essentially render you, the internet message board moderator, useless?

Gotta say, I feel compelled to question the motives of a "huge Jackass/cKy fan from day one" :P

I definitely felt some folks made it personal with Steve-O, which was unnecessary. I took issue with some of the things he said, as I find the show he is currently hosting to be morally questionable, but I don't think he's a bad person. His voice is pretty rough on the ears, but there's not much he can be expected to do about that.

I will say that I found his behavior/mannerisms very familiar, having had a fair amount of time around former drug addicts. The folks that seemed to do best in terms of their recovery were the ones that found something to fill the space that drugs once did. And once they found that thing (or things), they became very, very passionate about it. They could be overwhelming at times. Steve-O seems like an emotionally 'extreme' guy to begin with, so I imagine with recovery that might be amplified.

And obviously every Whooch can't be gold like with Zouks or St Clair or STEVEN. BRODY. STEVENS. YEAH! The great thing about Whooch is that there's always another one around the corner, so if you don't like one there's a Twooch or a Whooch coming soon to clean your palate.

• Like 1

I feel compelled to question the motives of anyone who registers an account just to shit on something.

I was hired by The Competish to infiltrate the forums and foment dissension among the Earwolf faithful, but, other than that, my motives are pure as the driven snow.

I thought it was a marked departure from the usual Whooch format, with more Real Talk™ and less LA comedy inside baseball, but Howard and Ku seemed to enjoy the ride.

That's more than fair. Thanks for the answer.

Would you rather they had all kept their opinions to themselves and essentially render you, the internet message board moderator, useless?

My sole mandate as moderator is to delete spam when Shannon and Julia aren't around, so it wouldn't have made any difference to me. Constructive criticism is welcome in any discussion.

Gotta say, I feel compelled to question the motives of a "huge Jackass/cKy fan from day one" :P

At a time when MTV had abandoned any pretense of playing music, Jackass was introducing kids (myself included) to The Minutemen, The Misfits, The Ramones, X-Ray Spex, et al. And was funny to boot.

• Like 3

At a time when MTV had abandoned any pretense of playing music, Jackass was introducing kids (myself included) to The Minutemen, The Misfits, The Ramones, X-Ray Spex, et al. And was funny to boot.

I second this. The Minutemen still kick ass.

I was completely unaware that Jackass played music of any kind, other than that infamous theme music.

I was completely unaware that Jackass played music of any kind, other than that infamous theme music.

It depends on how you watched the show. The original (broadcast) episodes were rife with great music, but the DVDs reportedly had many segments altered or dropped altogether due to music licensing issues.

It depends on how you watched the show. The original (broadcast) episodes were rife with great music, but the DVDs reportedly had many segments altered or dropped altogether due to music licensing issues.

Ahh, that makes sense. They had similar music-clearance issues with Daria. The first time I watched it on DVD I thought, 'Wait, this isn't right...'. I did catch some Jackass episodes on initial broadcast, but I guess it was such a long time ago I just don't remember much about them. Other than the butt-stapling, toilet-launching, etc.

Oh, and Bam Margera assaulting his dad on the toilet. I also remember that.

Sign in to follow this