🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

(which can be streamed for free on livestream) is a computer-animated movie featuring Charlie Sheen, Hillary Duff, Eva Longoria, Wayne Brady, Christopher Loyd, and tons of other well-known comedic actors. After the lights are turned off each day in the supermarket it's set in, the supermarket transforms into a city inhabited by mascots for food products coming to life (think Toy Story at Ralphs).

The movie also has an odd history, as the production company's computers were stolen in 2003, and numerous other delays set the release back until 2012. After failing to produce a film for those 10 years, the studio was forced to auction the movie off for only $2.5 million (despite an estimated budget of $65 million) to a European publisher that released the movie on DVD last year.

And as you would expect in a submission for HDTGM, the movie is incredibly terrible in every way possible. Everything from a ridiculous plot with stilted dialog to the shoddy animation and voice acting, this movie is a big pile of turds.

(h/t metafilter)

• Like 6

Came here to post this suggestion as well. This is the perfect movie for HDTGM!

I assume the sudden interest is based on My World of Flops covering this movie. Rightfully so. (You know a movie is completely misguided when Nathan Rabin takes two pages to talk about it, and only starts describing the actual plot of it halfway in.)

For what it's worth, I watched the trailer out of morbid curiosity a while ago. I barely remember the awful animation, but that's only because the trailer decided the best way to sell a kid's movie was to set it to a parody of "Copacabana." "At the Copa, Copabanana..." I watched it last summer and it's still stuck in my head. Help!

• Like 3

Aside from The Smurfs (R.I.P.), have they done an animated wreck yet? Either this or Delgo. But probably this, because eeeeeugh!

And yes, Rabin's piece on this was pretty monumental.

• Like 3

Definately watch the film, OP linked to the 24 hour livestream of it so it can be accessed by anyone. It is completely fucking insane and a failure on every single level. While watching it I could hear Jason's voice in my head saying "THIS MOVIE MAKES NO SENSE"

• Like 1

The trailer is like watching a shitty PS1 game, I can't believe THAT cost 65 million.

• Like 2

I was going to suggest this movie if it hadn't already been. This is a "what were they thinking" kind of movie. It's hard to believe that this actually got made. Who the hell is this movie supposed to be geared to? Worse than Manos:The Hands of Fate. Must be seen to be believed.

• Like 1

This would be great. I have, for a while now, wanted HDTGM to do an animated movie. Here's the trailer, though despite me posting this I'm gonna recommend you not watch it. For your own sanity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My favorite thing about really shitty animated movies is imagining the actors' reactions when they see the finished product. Because they likely had NO idea it was going to look like this. I'm sure they were all in those recording booths thinking they're lending their voices to a Pixar/Dreamworks level production. Then it turns out to be this hideous garbage.

• Like 3

My favorite thing about really shitty animated movies is imagining the actors' reactions when they see the finished product. Because they likely had NO idea it was going to look like this. I'm sure they were all in those recording booths thinking they're lending their voices to a Pixar/Dreamworks level production. Then it turns out to be this hideous garbage.

That's assuming they even bother to watch them. I don't think even the talent involved bothered to check out total shit stains like "Delgo" or "Doogal". Jon Stewart DID talk about "Doogal" on the Daily Show once or twice though when talking about his less-than-prestigious film career. Funny stuff.

• Like 1

That's assuming they even bother to watch them. I don't think even the talent involved bothered to check out total shit stains like "Delgo" or "Doogal". Jon Stewart DID talk about "Doogal" on the Daily Show once or twice though when talking about his less-than-prestigious film career. Funny stuff.

I don't think they go and watch the movie, but I have to think that at some point they at least see a trailer or promotional art or something and then realize it's not the quality animation they were probably imagining in their heads. You're probably right though, someone like Charlie Sheen probably doesn't even remember doing this job the day after.

• Like 1

What do Charlie Sheen, Hilary Duff, Christopher Lloyd, Wayne Brady, Charlie Tuna, the California Raisins, and a talking Twinkie have in common? Foodfight! A movie filled with sexual innuendo, Nazi'ism, and some of the worst 'animation' in years. The film was originally set for release in December 2003 then it was set for release in fall 2005 and finally spring 2009 which it never was released on. In September 2011, with the film still unreleased, bondholders forced the sale of the movie at auction - opening bid was set at $2.5 million. Finally released February of this year. This is bonkers.

• Like 1

(oops. Thought this was obscure bomb so I didn't check for an old thread)

So it's set in a grocery store where, after all the people leave at night, the food mascots come alive in their own city. Just like Toy Story. Much of the budget was to be paid by the food makers for the product placements.

Charlie Sheen voices an Indiana Jones dog, who is a private eye who is also Humphrey Bogart from Casablanca who owns a nightclub. A sultry femme fatale moves in, representing "Brand X" which plots to use Nazis to take over the grocery store. The femme fatale (Eva Longoria!) tries to fuck Indiana Jones dog but he turns her down because he has a sweetheart so she goes home with his best friend squirrel (he flies a plane, because he's a FLYING squirrel) to fuck him instead. The squirrel is a sure lay because he flies around town offering to bukkake every attractive woman he sees. When the Nazis take over, Indiana Jones dog teams up with his squirrel buddy along with defunct videogame character Aero the Acrobat (who is constantly trying to rape the squirrel).

This climaxes in food mascots having a food fight with Nazi stormtroopers, not just with food, but with gallons of snot and shit flying everywhere.

The animation looks like late 90s TV commercial CGI. The humor is cramming in hundreds of pop culture references and replacing key words with food names. Not even puns, just replacing words with names of food.

Behold the condensed 15 minute version and all its horror.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-uIkcPfOCA

The horror doesn't end there. Here's some trivia on the movie's production history:

- It was scheduled to come out in 2003, but was pushed back first to 2005, then 2007, then finally came out in 2012. More on this later.

- Infamously horrible working conditions. Tons and tons of VFX people talking about how working there was sheer hell. Screaming bosses, a boss' giant dog that roamed the office shitting everywhere, and only one bathroom for over 50 people. Working conditions were so bad, that some people only lasted six hours on their first day before quitting and walking out.

- In 2003, the director claimed that someone had stolen the hard drives in an act of "industrial espionage". It is widely believed by those who worked there that he fabricated the story as a cover since there was no way it was going to be finished on time. Yes, the director allegedly made up a story about sabotage to cover his own ass over the delay.

- The only reason the movie was eventually finished was thanks to the WGA and SAG strikes, which put a halt to episodic TV and commercials, which put a lot of VFX houses out of business, which meant there were a lot of VFX people desperate for work who would do ANYTHING that came up. Despite how desperate they were, many of them quit after 6 hours as previously mentioned.

- The finished film ended up costing SIXTY-FIVE MILLION DOLLARS. It was auctioned off for 2.5 million in 2011. In 2012, it saw a limited release in the United Kindgom where it made roughly $20,000 opening weekend. It's rumored that the estimated total international lifetime gross was under $100,000.

The whole thing is up for free on Livestream.

http://www.livestrea...charliesheendog

• Like 2

Oh God I don't know if I'm ready to watch this yet, haha.

• Like 1

The person who streams the movie also made this tumblr, which may be the best fanblog ever.

http://charliesheendog.tumblr.com

tumblr_mducn7uzD41rq5tkuo1_400.gif

/edit: As I cannot believe noone has mentioned that Duff was like 18 when this was recorded, and she was being 'romanced' by Sheen.

• Like 3

Oh god, I forgot a horrific part.

So the villains are clearly Nazis. They want to get rid of all the brand name food icon characters. "Send them to the expiration station!" the head Nazi orders. What do they call the food icons? "Ikes"

...."ikes"

What does that rhyme with? Sending "ikes" to the "expiration station".

THIS WAS A CHILDREN'S MOVIE!

As a warm up to the literal holocaust, you get the black sidekick bragging that he's going to give one big titted woman a chocolate frosting facial, and bragging to another big titted woman about cumming in her mouth. This is on top of the Charlie Sheen dog talking about how to clean out bodily fluid stains to another big titted woman, right after yet another big titted woman teased him for being after her "raisins".

End credits? A bird tries to get it on with a big titted penguin but freaks out when he can't get it up.

• Like 2

Also the clips will be hilarious because all the dialoge is read in the most flat bland acting in the world..

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this