🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

This is obviously the best Jesus and Commander Yahweh fighting Sateen with birds while Sam Peckinpah performs abortions on Lance Henriksen's devil basketball baby in the hopes that Glenn Ford and Shelly Winters save the Earth from a pong playing, ice skating killer child who does gymnastics after shooting her mom. Totally avilable on You Tube in like 12 parts.

• Like 1

Here is the IMDb summary of this film: "The soul of a young girl with telekinetic powers becomes the prize in a fight between forces of God and the Devil."

This movie is like an insane combination of The Omen, The Birds, Rosemary's Baby, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, and lots of LSD--thought apparently, the producer was just trying to rip-off The Exorcist. You'd think with a cast like John Huston, Shelly Winters, Lance Hendrickson, and, in one scene, Sam Peckinpah you'd get something amazing. (By the way, word on the internet is that Sam Peckinpah's part was supposed to be larger, but he couldn't remember his lines, which, it seems, were eventually dubbed.) Perhaps this movie is brilliant, but more likely it is a terrible fever dream poorly brought to life.

This is a HDTGM must!

• Like 1

Guest RyOllie90

Before I discovered the message boards for this podcast, I had sent a message via the HDTGM Facebook page about covering this film in a future episode. It's a movie where good or bad doesn't even factor into the equation, it's just a product of its time period and being helmed by an insane person. For a great episode, they should get Lance Henriksen or writer Lou Comici to guest host. They have amazing interviews on the new Blu-Ray that Drafthouse Films put out talking about how insane the process of making this film was.

And like I said in the Facebook message (if anyone had read it), even if they didn't cover this film, they should definitely watch it anyway because it is so much fun in how crazy it is.

• Like 1

The trailer shows disco music and scifi,

I agree with RyOllie90 it's like like those 1960s bad b movies.

• Like 1

"John Huston stars as an intergalactic warrior who joins a cosmic Christ figure in battle against a demonic 8-year-old girl, and her pet hawk, while the fate of the universe hangs in the balance. Multi-dimensional warfare, pre-adolescent profanity and brutal avian attacks combine to transport the viewer to a state unlike anything they've experienced... somewhere between Hell and the darkest reaches of outer space. " - Written by DrafthouseFilms

This movie definitely needs to be done by the podcast. If you thought Zardoz was batshit bonkers, this nutso movie will blow your frickin minds. Sure, it doesn't have Sean Connery in a red diaper, but it has three great directors acting (Glenn Ford, John Huston, & Sam Peckinpah) and a space Jesus. Come on... Space Jesus alone should guarantee a spot in the rotation.

• Like 1

Keep the bonkers juvenile interpretation of psychedelia and existential philosophy and replace the inherent awesomeness of Sean Connery with the most fucking infuriating 8-year-old-girl to come out of the 1970s, and you basically have The Visitor. The Drafthouse poster is pretty awesome though. And hey, John Huston's voice is great.

THE-VISITOR.jpg

• Like 1

Just as long as this doesn't end with the main character going to a drum circle to resolve the plot I'm on board.

• Like 1

I just saw this movie on Amazon for the first time. It is insane. Director John Huston plays some sort of alien avenging angel sent to earth to prevent a woman from giving birth to a second(!!!) demon child. Also stars Glen Ford, Shelly Winters and a cameo by Sam Peckinpah! It's an Italian production shot completely in Atlanta GA.

http://www.imdb.com/..._=nm_flmg_act_1

• Like 1

The visitor is part Exorcist, part the Birds, part Close Encounters and all bad movie!

The 70s theme music (loud brass sections and disco wah wah) has to be heard to believe. The editing makes things totally incomprehensible. How did John Huston, Shelley Winters and Sam Peckinpah end up in this turkey?

http://www.amazon.co...rds=the+visitor

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0vBRdplSps

Hey all. I've joined the forum just because I am so compelled to recommend The Visitors, which I watched on Amazon Prime last night.

Two quotes from the trailer:

"The Mount Everest of insane '70s Italian movies." -Mondo Digital

"Ridiculously entertaining... it's the schizophrenic mother of all '70s drive-in oddities." -Village Voice

This movie is nonstop insane on every level and seriously has a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes because every single reviewer is like "This movie makes no sense and yet I am in awe." There's also 50+ 1 star reviews on Amazon from confused people who somehow (???) stumbled onto this movie.

My viewing habits and taste in movies are a pretty even split between objectively good movies and trash, and this is the most compelling thing I've seen in a while, good or bad.

Sign in to follow this