🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DartanganMcgee

The Stupids (1996)

I saw this movie so many times as a kid and I loved it.

Favorite parts:

-The conspiracy behind "Return to Sender"

-"DRIVE: B!!"

-"Two wheels.....four wheels.....eight wheels!"

-Buster accidentally writing a ransom note.

-"I'm my own grandpa"

It might not hold up, but I will stay the course in saying that this movie is awesome. :)

Yeah, it's pretty wacktastical, I'm pretty sure Tom Arnold and John Landis hashed out the script over an 8-ball or two.

That's a picture I would love to see.

• Like 1

Tom Arnold did a Random Roles for the AV Club, and admitted that he constantly asked John Landis if the material was funny.

And, when Nathan Rabin covered it for My Year of Flops, he pointed out that it came out the weekend after another Tom Arnold vehicle, "Carpool." To quote, "For a brief shining moment, audiences had their choice of which dire-looking Tom Arnold movie not to see."

When Tom Arnold is questioning the strength of your material, you know you've got a turd on your hands.

I've liked Tom Arnold in a lot of things that I haven't really liked, but I was just thinking in general that if a COMEDIAN has to ask if something's funny, your film is in pretty bad shape.

For a good dose of Tom Arnold-as-himself goodness, I strongly recommend "Brother's Justice", Dax Shepard's mockumentary about his attempt to recreate himself as an action star, which co-stars just about everyone that was in last year's "Hit and Run", which makes think it was really THAT film that was the joke.

tom arnold singing. this movie should be used in care centers to help people with assisted suicide.

Ohh man..

Praise the Lloyd!

I dunno how to feel about this suggestion. I loved this movie as a kid, but there is, literally!, no way this holds up.

• Like 1

Bump for the Stupids. This movie is fucking awful, but Christopher Lee's scenes are pretty amazing.

Sign in to follow this