🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 17 — It's Chow Time

Sean and Hayes review a submission for a reality show for them to produce with their discretionary fund, then dig into the season premiere of Survivor with an analysis of whether or not the contestants are lunchmeat. Next is a Tanks But No Tanks featuring a new theme and a new title, then JOE WENGERT appears to review TLC's Best Funeral Ever and play a Bachelor-inspired game.

How about this reality show concept to produce with all that podcast survey money? It's two podcast hosts who, accompanied by their uptight British man-servant Engineer Brettford, search for the perfect reality show concept to produce. There are several contestants who all pitch their ideas and every week one gets eliminated. Somehow helicopter rides are involved.

Ahhh oops I don't know why I thought it was Tanks OR No Tanks. I feel a lot like Bea "Bee" Arthur (not my real name) going into the Shark Tank not knowing her numbers. I got the dang name of the segment wrong in my theme! Maybe I'll go back and change it around so there's buts in there instead of ors. And maybe I'll add in a bunch of musical stings (the reality show signifier for shame). Thanks for playing it anyway!

• Like 2

Playing It Straight

tumblr_m6xjsjKFg01qf9plb.jpg

And here I was thinking, "surely nobody would be crass enough to actually do a series like that." I have been thusly educated. Ah well.

I wish I could provide proper attribution, though the image came to my attention already blocked out like that. I can't seem to track down the original source, maybe they blurred their own face, as it were? Some Realitywood big shot testing the waters, gauging public reaction of an idea before pitching it for realzies?

I thought I made an effort to indicate I was not claiming credit in my original post, but I will definitely keep in mind that old adage: "When you steal from thieves, make sure you don't miss."

Further research indicates that Fox may have even been beaten to the punch by Bravo, who produced a gay romance reality series a year earlier where some of the bachelors were actually straight, unbeknownst to the main guy: Boy Meets Boy.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I found your show through the Earwolf presents section and I have to say I’m hooked. I’m right there with you with Top Chef and when it comes to Shark Tank- let’s just say on Fridays at nine my girlfriend knows that if she comes to me with some lowball offer like “I want 50% of your attention through 80% of the show” I’m gonna say “I’m out!”

I’d never really watched survivor, but caught a bit of the premier and recognized John Cochran, who briefly gathered internet fame about ten years ago for having a gross nose. For anybody who didn’t hear about his nose/11, about ten years ago he had a failed laser surgery to make his nose look less red and the result turned it into what appeared to be a huge moldy strawberry that had been lit on fire. His nose is already kind of gross as it is, but it became so gross that I immediately recognized him and his gross nose after almost a decade.

I also really liked the Jonna interview and how we got to glimpse into what some of the perks of living that Hollywood dream are, like getting to watch a show you starred in one day before everyone else. If she’s ever on again, it’d be great to hear about her experience and maybe some behind the scenes dirt on the show Rehab X. Like, did she have to audition to get that bikini waitress job? How much of the Grey Goose vodka delivery action the audience sees on the show is real and how much is scripted? When she left the pool and all of her other customers because some guy told her he would pay her $100.00 to find an iphone charger, did she secretly wish she had gone to college?

Anyways, keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Guys, I'm pretty disappointed in you. During one of the teases you guys did for the Joe Wengert interview, you stated that Hayes would call Joe "Joegert" no less than 4 times. Imagine how dismayed I was when Joe Wengert wasn't even called "Joegert" ONCE! I may be in too emotional a place right now to properly fill out the survey at http://www.themidroll.com/survey/reality/, but let's just say right now, for the question "How sad would you be if this show didn't exist?" I'm leaning away from "Very Sad" and towards "Briefly Melancholy". Don't even get me started on "How much do you trust the show host(s) to be honest with you?" SPOILER ALERT: It's "Not so much"!

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this