🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
pdxsean

improv4humans: greatest podcast ever? Why or why not?

I really admire Matt's goal of making i4h the best podcast out there. In my opinion, he's come very very close... and perhaps it is only my loyalty to CBB that keeps me from agreeing that i4h is #1. I laugh out loud far more to i4h than I do any other podcast, and it really pushes the boundaries on a weekly basis.

At first I thought Matt was crazy with his ambition, but he seems to be sticking by his guns. If he wants i4h to be #1, obviously he'll have to win over us, his already existing fans... so is he going in the right direction? Is he there?

"Best" is a tricky thing. I think in terms of sheer creativity, pushing podcast boundaries and variety, it's probably the best podcast out there. But in terms of enjoyment? It's hard to top The Long Shot. There's literally not a single episode even resembling disappointment. The chemistry is the best in podcasting, they're able to topple "deep" subjects with riotous humor, and it's just flat out fun, all the time. My personal favorites are as follows:

1. The Long Shot

2. Comedy Bang! Bang!

3. Improv4humans

4. How Did This Get Made?

5. The Nerdist

'Best' - no, but it is really, really good. I personally rank 'CBB' as number one and 'On Cinema' used to rank #2 when it was a podcast (it was short, but brilliant). I'd definitely say that Who Charted and Improv4humans are vying for 2nd place now for me.

Improv4humans made me realize that I'm probably autistic. Show me a another podcast that can do that.

• Like 2

Well played. Now, I'm off to organize these lima beans based on their curvature.

Guys, it's 2013 and Chalkdust isn't already organizing his lima beans by curvature.

Gotta say, I was skeptical when Besser said he wanted to make the podcast best in the universe.. figured the structure of the show was too limited, but he's really done a great job in opening it up - tell us your story, debates w/ the stranger/emily bazelon... even lengthy hitler teapot debate is cool.

My three favortie podcasts are dead authors pod, dana gould hour and I4H. I admit I get more excited when I see new episodes of the others but that's mainly due to how randomly they are put out. But the variety of guests and topics keep the show as fresh as anything. Plus I hate twitter and what youtube has become and any chance to poop on them makes me happy.

Sign in to follow this