🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RyanSz

Sushi Girl

Having just bought this grindhouse-esque movie, I can say this is a great movie for HDTGM, based on craziness alone. The cast is made up entirely of character actors and is written by one of the assistants from Millionaire Matchmaker. A pretty decent idea about a heist crew trying to find missing loot and the titular Sushi Girl having to keep calm and still throughout the whole ordeal. It features Mark Hamill in full Joker mode, Tony Todd Candymanning it up, Danny Trejo in a brief cameo as a guy named Schlomo, and enough over the top violence to make Eli Roth cum. It's basically Reservoir Dogs meets Hostel.

I watched Sushi Girl the other night was not bad. it makes me wounder how they are going to pull off a new starwars movie because Mark Hamill is really overweight now. don't even get me started about carrie fisher. I guess they are going to use a lot of CGI effects. Ohh man, disney may as well own the franchise because it's going to be a animated feature by the time they get done with it.

Ryan Sz, you would enjoy John Dies at the End. from the director of Bubba Ho-Tep.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1783732/

Wish I could say it's as good as BHT but it's still a good friday night movie. if you like big bugs you'll love john dies at the end, good fun movie.

I don't think there's any guarantee that any of the original actors will appear in Episode VII.

And whatever faults JJ Abrams may have, he's actually pretty good about using real sets and staying away from excessive/distracting CGI.

I watched Sushi Girl the other night was not bad. it makes me wounder how they are going to pull off a new starwars movie because Mark Hamill is really overweight now. don't even get me started about carrie fisher. I guess they are going to use a lot of CGI effects. Ohh man, disney may as well own the franchise because it's going to be a animated feature by the time they get done with it.

Ryan Sz, you would enjoy John Dies at the End. from the director of Bubba Ho-Tep.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1783732/

Wish I could say it's as good as BHT but it's still a good friday night movie. if you like big bugs you'll love john dies at the end, good fun movie.

Yeah I really want to see John Dies as I've only heard good things about it and I loved Bubba Ho-Tep. I did hear the SFX can seem a bit SyFyish but it is otherwise really good. As far as Hamill being in the new Star Wars movies, they could deal with it by having him say he's gotten fat in his old age, but he is still strong in the Force.

Overall I was really surprised by how much I liked Sushi Girl in the end. I loved the mix of character actors like Tony Todd, Hamill, Trejo, and that the Fish character played Atreyu in The Neverending Story. For the most part there weren't any huge plot holes outside of who Jeff Fahey said the gang was ripping off, would have liked to know if it was the mob or some other organization.

Sign in to follow this