🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 13 — Up Goes The Lift

Brian forgets his D&D gear so we are treated to listening to him call his babysitter to get all his character info. Then we get back to where we left off on the cargo lift as it goes straight up when suddenly, 3 pairs of feet are spotted across the lift. Bartho Shett (Ken Daly) decides to unleash his dragon breath on them, Amarth Amon (Brian Posehn) will follow up with a devastating strike, Blackee Green (Blaine Capatch) attacks with his dire radiance, and Mildred Maxton (Sarah Guzzardo) stays back to keep an eye on their 2 hostages. Plus, Sark & the gang talk about the first time they saw Troll 2 in another edition of Sweet Sweet Days of Past.

Though entertaining as it was...Brian, you could have had your babysitter take a picture of your character sheet and txt it to your mobile phone.

I want to confim that Master-Blaster does run Barter Town, which is in the southern wastelands about 200 miles from Nilbog where coffee is the devil's drink.

Bring Jerry Back!

• Like 1

I cracked up at "Blackie gives him a Blue Steel". That was great. Fun episode, lots of action and I like Brian managing the pace like that. I'm still having a hard time envisioning this structure they were in and what the people(?) in it are doing while they're running through, riding elevators and slaughtering people (and making woefully inept attempts to intimidate them).

As an player of D&D and Pathfinder perhaps my favorite part of this episode was hearing the DM cheer on Bartha rolling hot.

• Like 1

I honestly thought BP was calling his wife for the first few minutes and was sexist-piggedly addressing her as "his babysitter". Then I realized it was an actual paid babysitter. Then I realized hold on he hangs out shirtless around his babysitter?

• Like 2

I love this podcast more and more each episode. And Brian's Adventures in Babysitting segment had me in tears laughing. We need Gerry and the Spirit Bear to come back ASAP. Let him rise from the depths mysteriously and he can be Gerry the White now.

• Like 2

Ooooooh cliffhanger! Hey, by the way, does anyone know what Blackee's charisma is...not sure I've heard it mentioned yet.

I honestly thought BP was calling his wife for the first few minutes and was sexist-piggedly addressing her as "his babysitter". Then I realized it was an actual paid babysitter. Then I realized hold on he hangs out shirtless around his babysitter?

Probably happened accidentally. Like the babysitter shows up early and he's not ready yet. Or he's just gotten out of the shower or whatever.

On topic, I'm glad Sarah is using the character builder. She's became my favorite podcast personality, and not in the pervy way that some people seem to be interested in her.

• Like 3

opening to this weeks episode was the best thing thats happened to my ears in so long. I would watch someones ankles for hours on end just to hear more from my favorite podcast. Love it. Also put some clothes on. And armor.

In the past six episodes, we've heard more from Brian's babysitter than from Gerry.

What REALLY happened to him? Surely you can't expect us to believe that this otherwise smart, creative bunch of players couldn't think of a way to write him back in by now? They couldn't have just run into him right away at the survivor base camp? You fudge all the rules to keep the game fun, but when it comes to writing Gerry back in, you're the strictest roleplaying motherfuckers I've ever heard of. You can't even just have him there to hang out and crack wise? There's something you're not telling us.

But seriously, love the podcast. Do whatever you want.

The Blaine ads were classic this week. The ed hardy shoes made me spit milk out my nose. Manage to drum up a couple, myself:

"This break was brought to you by the McDonald's McRib! The McRib: You never really loved yourself to begin with, so you might as well eat it!"

"This break was brought to you by Guitar Center! Guitar Center: Your one stop shop for people with bad haircuts being condescending towards your music related questions."

"This break was brought to you by baby changing stations in bathrooms! Baby Changing Stations in Bathrooms: Change your baby's diaper on a surface that people have likely snorted coke off of!"

• Like 2

He's writing Marvel comic books and doing publicity brah.

So is Brian.

This episode was hilarious.

and yes bring Gerry back damnit!