🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 68 — Devil's Penis Pass

Blow your nose and tune into the best podcast in the universe! Kevin Dorff, Robert Dassie, and Fran Gillespie use things that are bothering them and Twitter suggestions to inspire scenes about ski courses, John Wilkes Booth, and Fabio. Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon. You can also now get Matt Besser’s new comedy album “The Six Most Important Sets in the History of Standup” at mattbesser.com!

Perfect timing on Dorff's Sandy Hook bit.

The 60 day cooling off period passed and so it was therefore funny.

I was so taken aback by what he was saying I stood in my office in silence hoping it would go somewhere better or Matt would stop him. Then his 'since we can't agree on an assault weapon's ban, the rest of America must agree with me', was perfect and nearly poetic.

• Like 1

I wanted to say, for a first time guest I thought Fran was really great and strong. Hope to see her back again and often.

• Like 7

I wanted to say, for a first time guest I thought Fran was really great and strong. Hope to see her back again and often.

I second this. Very enjoyable episode. I'm also pretty jazzed about the live feed tonight. Two I4H episodes in one day is titty-sprinkles.

Is it just me or does Fran sound a lot like JC Coccoli? Have I just discovered something new for the Voice Similarities forum?!

• Like 1

Is it just me or does Fran sound a lot like JC Coccoli? Have I just discovered something new for the Voice Similarities forum?!

ooooooooh. Good call Julia, I think you are right. Fran had a pretty distinct voice in general. Does anyone know where she's is from? I couldn't place a regional accent on it.

Matt has super good taste in new people. Does he specifically pick certain new guests to work well with the more experienced (to podcasts) guests he has on regularly?

Whoa! Dorf went on a limb there, didn't he?

Pretty surprising that Matt left it in there, actually.

In any case, great episode. The "Keeping the Mystery" sketch made my morning.

I was so taken aback by what he was saying I stood in my office in silence hoping it would go somewhere better or Matt would stop him. Then his 'since we can't agree on an assault weapon's ban, the rest of America must agree with me', was perfect and nearly poetic.

I’m not sure if I quite followed Kevin Dorff’s summation/twist on the Sandy hook bit. I noticed they all acknowledged it like it made sense what he was going for (in the show) and it seems a few of you got it. I will admit it flew by me.

I’m not sure if I quite followed Kevin Dorff’s summation/twist on the Sandy hook bit. I noticed they all acknowledged it like it made sense what he was going for (in the show) and it seems a few of you got it. I will admit it flew by me.

I think his point was 'can you believe some of these kids lived? I mean how could that guy get it wrong with a plan and with weapons, right?' in what was obviously an absurd take that he summed up being the only reason people would want insane people to have access to weapons, because if we can't take away the weapons then we must condone the actions of him and if condone the actions then we must want him to fully efficient at it. Very dark, very upsetting, very extreme but I think well made.

• Like 2

I think his point was 'can you believe some of these kids lived? I mean how could that guy get it wrong with a plan and with weapons, right?' in what was obviously an absurd take that he summed up being the only reason people would want insane people to have access to weapons, because if we can't take away the weapons then we must condone the actions of him and if condone the actions then we must want him to fully efficient at it. Very dark, very upsetting, very extreme but I think well made.

That is certainly how I heard it. And yeah it's super dark but also a pretty astute view. I did actually like the humor of pointing out that young people "can't do anything on their own" even if he used a controversial example.

• Like 1

I think his point was...very extreme but I think well made.

Okay then I got it and I agree with your assessment.

I just wan't sure though, you know. Sort of like the ending of The Usual Suspects: by the reaction I thought there must have been some twist or hidden meaning that I missed, yet everyone else picked up on. Thanks.

Regarding Kevin Dorff's mini Super Bowl rant:

I've gotten into a couple of big discussions about the crazy people who go on killing sprees. It's a bad thing, no doubt about it... But for the most part, they are terrible at it.

I mean isn't the goal to take out as many people as possible? I just think that if you're going to go on a rampage that will undoubtedly end in your death, you should plan it out better. That's assuming there's logical thought in an insane person's mind though.

Finally, Matt Besser has taken my suggestion of mud butt. I have tried for months, and it was finally taken. And of course no one monologues about it!! How does no one have a mud butt story? You think you're too good to have soupy poops? Don't wanna talk about it on the podcast?? A pox on you and your poops!

• Like 1

I just listened to this episode. I enjoyed the mudbutt discussion. I love fart jokes. I won't hesitate to fart on my friends and siblings, but in the past I have been deathly afraid of farting in front of my girlfriend so I could relate to this. Bodily sounds insecurities in general had me leaving my place or the hotel I would be staying at with my girlfriend to use a public restroom where she couldn't overhear me from behind the door... or if it was too late I would turn on the shower or sink to mask my noises from her. I don't know what motivated this, but it always gave me a frightened feeling and an occasional upset stomach.

Sign in to follow this