🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 202 — Philip Traumatic Seymour Disorder

Todd sounds exactly like my 9 year old son...only slightly less annoying.

Lapkus gets an A+ for verisimilitude.

I always thought the anachronism of Marrisa Wompler made her character funnier.

This was probably my favorite character of her's

Absolutely. Lapkus is great on i4h, but she's been a little inconsistent on CBB until now. Todd was an amazing character.

Me too,

Me three...I like both these teenager characters and extend the call for a showdown between Todd vs. Whomp-it-up. And yeah, throw in Jason for some added dynamics...

Jesus Christ, this isn't a medical message board. Give t a rest, people.

This begs the question- why are you advertising that you're desperate for listener opinions in every show now when you often get defensive about things on the forum? It's your company, your show and your forum, but if the rule is that people shouldn't voice anything other than favorable reactions you need to state that in the rules.

You did the same thing when people had some negative reactions to Wompler appearance; you responded by accusing everyone of being sexist.

People are giving empassioned reactions to a portion of your show, as you've requested and in keeping with the pupose of a forum, and your snapping at them.

^ It's not constructive criticism for the show when you lambast a comedian because of their medical preferences. That's just being a dick.

Also, those negative reactions weren't for Wompler, they were for another character.

• Like 4

This begs the question- why are you advertising that you're desperate for listener opinions in every show now when you often get defensive about things on the forum? It's your company, your show and your forum, but if the rule is that people shouldn't voice anything other than favorable reactions you need to state that in the rules.

You did the same thing when people had some negative reactions to Wompler appearance; you responded by accusing everyone of being sexist.

People are giving empassioned reactions to a portion of your show, as you've requested and in keeping with the pupose of a forum, and your snapping at them.

^ It's not constructive criticism for the show when you lambast a comedian because of their medical preferences. That's just being a dick.

Also, those negative reactions weren't for Wompler, they were for another character.

Exactly. What's more, Scott didn't accuse anyone of being sexist, as I remember; he merely brought it up as a possibility because he was confused at the negative reaction to a character. Through the discussion, it became apparent that most of the people who didn't like the character weren't put off by her "voice" (as Scott thought) but her being "one note."

And I would hardly call a bunch of people calling Nick Thune an idiot because of something he said about medicine a constructive, "empassioned reaction."

I do enjoy criticizing people etc, but I think the thing to keep in mind here is that these people are often Scott's personal friends, they all come on the show for free and most of them are not rich or even upper middle class, so they're doing us all a favour by schlepping out to the studio to entertain us for free, meanwhile the show is probably a lot of work for Scott to organize (especially twice a week) and he probably doesn't make a ton of money off of it either, so these criticisms are probably really frustrating to him,

• Like 1

I enjoyed the interplay between Saucerman and Todd. Scott made for a great idiosyncratically insane tyrant. I laughed quite a bit at the strict diet of ground beef.

Big fan. Long time listener. But SERIOUSLY!! This one made me gag. For reals. Maybe you need to attach a special rating to episodes that have the potential of resulting in vomit? Not to generalize, but maybe a "no girls allowed" sign??

This episode would've been great anyway, but Scott made it hecking transcendent by playing that warped version of himself. Aukerman does such a great job of accommodating other comedians, I sometimes forget how hilarious he is. It's unlikely, but I'd love to see him feign sickness (PFT could fulfil 'guest host' duties) and do an episode fully in character.

• Like 1

Really super sorry you had to turn off a free podcast but I am glad that you got to shit on it for everyone to see! You're the best!

How dare he give feedback on the show's fictitious guests... if everyone hated it and no one said anything, and they brought the character back again and again it that would be GREAT!

I thought the character was weak as hell too, just nothing there, repetitious and annoying in my long car ride

This episode would've been great anyway, but Scott made it hecking transcendent by playing that warped version of himself. Aukerman does such a great job of accommodating other comedians, I sometimes forget how hilarious he is. It's unlikely, but I'd love to see him feign sickness (PFT could fulfil 'guest host' duties) and do an episode fully in character.

Stinkers! I didn't realise that someone had already voiced this sentiment, nor did I notice Scott's comment. Now I look like an idea thief and a suck-up!

Anybody still reading this thread? I'd love to know what the deal was between Thune and his neighbor. What did he record?

Anyway, I liked this episode quite a bit, it always cracks me up when Scott plays an Asshole.

Am I the only one who noticed Thune say like your wife's or kulaps when scott said something about big naturals?

Uh, no, Scott heard him and responded to it.

*Raises* the question. And I agree.

Just because I don't believe it doesn't mean I have to belittle someone else for believing it.

Who said anything about beliefs? This is science we're talking about.

Adomian's Seymour Hoffman sounds like a mix of Michael Keaton and Kyle Kinane

I just wanted to say that when Hoffman scrapes the dried cum off of Giamatti's back and makes him eat it I ACTUALLY gagged. Never happened from listening to a podcast before. This is not a complaint -- I think it just shows how fucking amazing Adomian is.

Adomian's PSH sounds like Beetlejuice. This episode was so great.

I thought so too. I also agree the PSH impression kinda fell of the rails when he yelled. Still this episode really came into its own in the last 20 minutes or so. I've only heard about 1/3 of the CBB eps, but this was by far the darkest direction I've seen the show take. Sometimes it takes everyone a while to figure out what's working and what isn't and who knew all it took was slavery and cum to turn the ep around!

I also liked the darker Scott we got here.