🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Shannon

HDTGM All-Stars

Is Jeffrey Jones missing from the list? He was in Devil's Advocate and Howard the Duck! Speaking of Howard the Duck, Ed Gale (Howard himself!) is a two-timer, because he was also in Tiptoes.

Here's one that may have gone under the radar: Grand L. Bush. He was in "Demolition Man", but more notably, he was Balrog in "(What's a) Street Fighter"!

Doug "I Haven't Worked Since I Married a 16yr Old" Hutchison is Golum in Batman & Robin and Loony Bin Jim in Punisher: War Zone.

Stallone is becoming a HDTGM Main Stay!

All updated! I swear I had a few of those on there before but they disappeared (my fault entirely obvs)

AND next week Sylvester Stallone will be the highest of all HDTGM All-Stars!!!

Over the Top will also add Terry Funk for Road House & Over The Top (and if you're a fan of the movie The Wrestler, the documentary Beyond The Mat is worth watching and has a lot of plot elements for The Wrestler)

Over the Top will also add Terry Funk for Road House & Over The Top (and if you're a fan of the movie The Wrestler, the documentary Beyond The Mat is worth watching and has a lot of plot elements for The Wrestler)

"Beyond the Mat" is one of those ones that's interesting to revisit every so often, seeing as a lot of things have changed in the wrestling landscape since then, whether it's deaths or other instances of reality butting in making you look at things in a different light. Recently, FYE had a big sale on WWE sets, including a ton of pre-death of Benoit/Guerrero documentaries, and they're so sad to watch with knowing what happened in the next few years. If you have Netflix, I also suggest "The Backyard" and "Card Subject to Change".

I watched CSTC a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it, especially the story of Trent Acid . It's funny though 'cause I haven't watched wrestling in probably 20 years and I enjoy documentaries about it now. There's something that's fascinating about the real side of something so fake.

I'm going out on a limb to bet you've seen Bigger, Stronger, Faster*. That's another great documentary tangentially related to wrestling.

I watched CSTC a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it, especially the story of Trent Acid . It's funny though 'cause I haven't watched wrestling in probably 20 years and I enjoy documentaries about it now. There's something that's fascinating about the real side of something so fake.

I'm going out on a limb to bet you've seen Bigger, Stronger, Faster*. That's another great documentary tangentially related to wrestling.

I have not, but for a while there Netflix kept suggesting it to me! I'll have to check it out. There's a podcast I listen to with a couple of Jersey-based indy guys that talked up CSTC for a long time before it actually came out, so it was really cool to finally get to see it when it finally hit Netflix last year. I also highly suggest "Heroes of World Class" if you haven't seen it. Combined with the WWE produced "Triumph and Tragedy of World Class", it's one of the most depressing looks of the business that you'll ever see.

AND next week Sylvester Stallone will be the highest of all HDTGM All-Stars!!!

Cage won't stand for this. I have a feeling he's about to rip off an epic run of terrible movies in order to take back his rightful seat on the HDTGM throne.

Cage won't stand for this. I have a feeling he's about to rip off an epic run of terrible movies in order to take back his rightful seat on the HDTGM throne.

"Left Behind" IS on the horizon. A re-boot of the classic Kirk Cameron franchise? It WILL be done. Oh, it has to be.

I'm with you. I haven't really paid attention to wrestling since the late 90s when Rocky Mavia was with the Nation of Domination. But it is really cool to me how they improv a whole fight, right there, live in front of an audience. And how if the fight is not that entertaining, there are ways for the people outside the ring to signal the wrestlers to tell them to wrap it up.

I also like the history of wrestling. Apparently a good portion of the moves they have were originally used in traveling carnivals. The sideshows would have a "strongest man in the world" exhibit and he would challenge any of the locals to a wrestling match. To make sure the carnival guy had a leg up in winning, they used alot of the wrestling holds we see today to put fools down. So, I guess a Boston crab can do damage if you really apply pressure.

"Beyond the Mat" is one of those ones that's interesting to revisit every so often, seeing as a lot of things have changed in the wrestling landscape since then, whether it's deaths or other instances of reality butting in making you look at things in a different light.

While I haven't seen Beyond The Mat yet, it's been near the top of my "to-watch" queue since being discussed on Jonah Raydio. Particularly:

A scene in which one wrestler comes to the horrified realization (late into adulthood) that he is the product of incest. Comedy Tragedy gold!

Apropos of nothing: Welcome back, Shariq.

While I haven't seen Beyond The Mat yet, it's been near the top of my "to-watch" queue since being discussed on Jonah Raydio. Particularly:

A scene in which one wrestler comes to the horrified realization (late into adulthood) that he is the product of incest. Comedy Tragedy gold!

Duuude, it's such a good watch if you were ever into wrestling during its respective heydays in the 80s and 90s. Seeing how far Jake "The Snake" has fallen and how amazing and real Mick Foley is, it's incredible. There's a scene where Mick Foley/Mankind is getting the shit beat out of him with a chair and his family is backstage watching in sheer terror; I think I might have cried.

It's crazy how many fans, for so long, didn't think of pro wrestlers as actual humans with lives but like actual larger than life superheroes -- which they also sort of are.

Apropos of nothing: Welcome back, Shariq.

Thanks, Dan. Good to be back :)

Duuude, it's such a good watch if you were ever into wrestling during its respective heydays in the 80s and 90s. Seeing how far Jake "The Snake" has fallen and how amazing and real Mick Foley is, it's incredible. There's a scene where Mick Foley/Mankind is getting the shit beat out of him with a chair and his family is backstage watching in sheer terror; I think I might have cried.

It's crazy how many fans, for so long, didn't think of pro wrestlers as actual humans with lives but like actual larger than life superheroes -- which they also sort of are.

Yeah, the life of a former pro wrestler is not good at all. Virgil, the Million Dollar Man's sidekick, does those independent circuit shows in high school gyms now. The funniest/saddest part was when the dude from ECW said they couldn't use Jake the Snake because negotiated his fee was a bag of crack rock and some beer.

• Like 1

Also, I gotta leave this on the board. One of my favorite wrestlers growing up, the Iron Shiek.

[media='']

[/media]

Bob Gunton can be added to the list. He was Frank Deverelll in Glimmer Man and Chief George Earle in Demolition Man

Nikki Cox's wiki says she was an (uncredited) dancer in Mac and Me. Not sure if that's good enough to be an 'All Star.'

Welcome to the list Bob Gunton and Nikki Cox!

• Like 1

Should Jeff Healy be added? Jason pointed out that was in Roadhouse and on the soundtrack for The Glimmer Man

• Like 2

Should Jeff Healy be added? Jason pointed out that was in Roadhouse and on the soundtrack for The Glimmer Man

Poor Jeff Healey. At least he was unable to see these shitty fuckin' movies he was involved in.

• Like 1

I think James Franco needs to be added. He was in Spider-Man 3, and also had the cameo in The Wicker Man.

You could also add the entire cast of Fast 5 + 6, but you might not want to go that in depth.

Vin Diesel

Paul Walker

Dwayne Johnson

Jordana Brewster

Tyrese Gibson

Sung Kang

Gal Gadot

Lucacris

Else Pataky

Think that's all of them. I guess the same could be done for Twilight, but I don't want to look up the cast of that junk. Then of course there are the HDTGM All-Star Directors!

M. Knight Shyamalan (The Last Airbender and After Earth)

Justin Lin (Fast Five + Six)

Joel Shumacher (Batman and Robin + Trespass)

Bill Condon (both Twilight's)

Hey Shannon, now that Toys is going to be covered this Tuesday, can you add Robin Williams to the 2-timers club based on his appearances in both this movie and Old Dogs?