🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Shannon

HDTGM All-Stars

Yeah, the life of a former pro wrestler is not good at all. Virgil, the Million Dollar Man's sidekick, does those independent circuit shows in high school gyms now. The funniest/saddest part was when the dude from ECW said they couldn't use Jake the Snake because negotiated his fee was a bag of crack rock and some beer.

Worse, he was photographed a couple months back in the New York Subway with a little table set up hocking pictures and autographs for like 5 bucks, as it seems he lost his gym teacher job at a high school. Watching Beyond the Mat was tough for me because Jake Roberts was my favorite as a kid and to see him like that was horrible. Though it seems he's seriously trying to turn it around, he's been up and down for years. More shocking is that outside of a few guys: Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, and Bruno Sammartino, almost no wrestler has lived past the age of 65, whether it's due to drug problems, suicide, or an accident.

More shocking is that outside of a few guys: Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, and Bruno Sammartino, almost no wrestler has lived past the age of 65, whether it's due to drug problems, suicide, or an accident.

Or the fact that they're getting slammed and punched like linebackers, without the benefit of protection, sometimes for decades. I imagine I'd be addicted to painkillers, too.

Or the fact that they're getting slammed and punched like linebackers, without the benefit of protection, sometimes for decades. I imagine I'd be addicted to painkillers, too.

That's usually the cause yeah. Most people give pro wrestlers crap for having scripted matches. What they don't realize is that in order to properly take a bump, it takes months of training just to get your body used to it since the human body will naturally and involuntarily try to protect itself. Add to that that there is no "off season" for pro wrestlers and that many work hurt for lighter injuries, nothing like broken bones or torn muscles, that they try and cover the pain to keep working. Probably one of the most infamous addicts was the British Bulldog, who after shattering the lower part of his spine in a match, became addicted to a laundry list of pills, and only got clean after his wife OD'ed herself to prove a point to him. The WWE now has a great system where any former employee can receive rehab free of charge, mainly because it became such a huge issue.

Robin Williams and Bruce Campbell have to be added to this list because of their two appearances, Williams with Old Dogs and Toys, and Campbell with Spider-Man 3 and Congo.

Yeah, the life of a former pro wrestler is not good at all. Virgil, the Million Dollar Man's sidekick, does those independent circuit shows in high school gyms now.

Inspiring the meme 'Lonely Virgil' seen here at lonelyvirgil.net

*the Million Dollar Man has showed up at our church once. I guess he's something of an evangelist inspirational-speaker guy. He was a very nice man btw.

Inspiring the meme 'Lonely Virgil' seen here at lonelyvirgil.net

*the Million Dollar Man has showed up at our church once. I guess he's something of an evangelist inspirational-speaker guy. He was a very nice man btw.

Yeah, he actually has like a traveling wrestling/church. He came to my town a few years back and the first half of the show is basically a full wrestling card featuring guys like the Honky Tonk Man and himself including some current wrestlers. After the show he then holds a sermon that the audience is free to leave if they just wanted to see wrestling. I would have loved to see the show, but they didn't really promote it as well as they should have so most people only found out about it after the fact or if they were regular church goers.

It's a weird thing with wrestlers, after they leave the business they fall into one of a few categories: a combination of down on their luck guys who wrestle in high school gyms and get in trouble with the law, real estate agents, or pastors, fo the most part.

It's a weird thing with wrestlers, after they leave the business they fall into one of a few categories: a combination of down on their luck guys who wrestle in high school gyms and get in trouble with the law, real estate agents, or pastors, fo the most part.

Well it's not like most of them ever went to a trade school or college or have any training in any vocation whatsoever and are missing a ton of brain cells from drug use and getting beat up repeatedly. So yeah, I guess that qualifies them to tell Christians what to do.

List is updated!

And regarding the Fast/Twilight cast situation that someone brought up, I've decided that those cast members need at least 1 other appearance outside of the franchise to get on the list. Otherwise, I'd have to add like 40 people for movies that are basically the same.

Also, dudes the off topic wrestling conversation has gone on long enough here. Move it somewhere else please and thank you.

• Like 1

Finally watched Street Fighter the other night and noticed a missing name

welcome to the list Miguel A Nunez Jr!

Found a new one with two appearances: Tania Saulnier - In the Name of the King, The Wicker Man

Alan Cumming a 3 timer - Spice World, Smurfs, and Burlesque.

Also Coolio in Batman and Robin, On the Line and Leprechaun in the Hood.

• Like 1

You can now add Ben Affleck to the 3-timers club: Gigli, Reindeer Games and now Daredevil.

And Joey Pants: for Congo, Pluto Nash and Daredevil.

Updated!!

Thanks guys, I really love this list.

Alan Cumming a 3 timer - Spice World, Smurfs, and Burlesque.

Also Coolio in Batman and Robin, On the Line and Leprechaun in the Hood.

It's a shame that they're not doing the Directors Cut of "Daredevil"....

I forgot Jennifer Garner too! Add her to the 2-timers club for her appearances in The Odd Life of Timothy Green and Daredevil.

Should Paula Gosling get some kind of honorary inclusion?

'The film [Fair Game] is based on Paula Gosling's novel of the same name, which was previously adapted into the 1986 Sylvester Stallone film Cobra.'

Also, Steven Berkoff crops up again, having been in The Tourist.

And Salma Hayek should make her triumphant return to the show, based on her appearances in Wild Wild West and Fair Game.

Swaziland's most famous actor! I feel like he should be in something else, but looks like that's it. He's great in LA Story, though.

He's in a lot of movies. A lot. But why does that equate to me thinking he's not a great actor?

LA Story was my favorite movie for most of my life.

He's in a lot of movies. A lot. But why does that equate to me thinking he's not a great actor?

You said "I feel like he should be in something else, but looks like that's it.", which I read as dismissive -- I didn't realize you were saying that you thought he was in another HDTGM film. That makes sense.

I liked LA Story a lot when I was younger; I should rewatch it sometime and see if it holds up.

There are 50 names on this list now.

Amazing.