🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
BeefStevens

Species (1995)

Ben Kingsley's character is named Xavier Fitch, Forest Whitaker is a Government psychic, Michael Madsen in the leading man, plus there are squirrel attacks and it has a ghost train made up of Alien faces.

C'mon.

• Like 1

It also had a skinny-ish Alfred Molina, though I think the sequel is way more insane with instant babies and a guy regrowing his head after blowing it off with a shotgun.

• Like 1

It also had a skinny-ish Alfred Molina, though I think the sequel is way more insane with instant babies and a guy regrowing his head after blowing it off with a shotgun.

Yeah, the second one was the really bad one. It's more like "How was Species 2 the sequel to Species?". It's like someone went "Can we all agree that the best part of the first film was the tits? Now let's make the monster in this one a guy so that when he's trying to get it on with everyone, we can have a fresh pair of tits every two minutes!". I mean, I love that philosophy, and I think it should be applied to all genres of film, but nothing ELSE worked in the second one, and I remember liking this first one quite a bit.

• Like 2

Even worse is Species 3, which features none of the original characters and manages to squeeze in even more sex/nudity.

• Like 1

If they do this one we are going to have to listen to Jason say what parts he masturbated to.

• Like 1

Even worse is Species 3, which features none of the original characters and manages to squeeze in even more sex/nudity.

To be fair though, that was the first one to go direct to video, so any hope for a good follow-up instantly plummets. Hell, it may have even debuted on SyFy. Did you know there's actually a fourth one too? Crazy...

If they do this one we are going to have to listen to Jason say what parts he masturbated to.

Forget "Southland Tales", maybe THIS would be the first two-hour episode...

• Like 1

To be fair though, that was the first one to go direct to video, so any hope for a good follow-up instantly plummets. Hell, it may have even debuted on SyFy. Did you know there's actually a fourth one too? Crazy...

True. I made the mistake of watching it when I was bored one day and it definitely played like a Syfy movie.

The third one had Natasha Henstridge in it for a brief second in the beginning.

I'm bumping this thread as I just rewatched this insane fucking movie. It's still amazing that Michael Madsen was seen as a viable leading man over Oscar winners Ben Kingsley and Forrest Whitaker.

This needs a bump, because it tries to be so serious when its premise is: "If an alien who looked like a really hot woman wanted to bone you, and that boning would destroy humanity, would you still do it?" And they hired SO much acting talent to explore this idea.

The sequel has my favorite 'goof' on IMDB

The Marine Colonel is far too overweight to be anywhere near the US Marine Corps fitness standards.
  • Like 4

My vote would be for the sequel. Maybe this could be a case for the crew to do a super episode covering both turds. I love this quote from Species II star Michael Madsen.

In a 2004 interview, co-star Michael Madsen expressed his opinion on this film saying "Species II was a crock of shit. There are a number I'm not very proud of. The movie studios can't mind that much, as they haven't contacted me to tell me off about it. I'm honest - if I've made a bad movie, I want my fans to know what they're letting themselves in for."

• Like 1

My vote would be for the sequel. Maybe this could be a case for the crew to do a super episode covering both turds. I love this quote from Species II star Michael Madsen.

In a 2004 interview, co-star Michael Madsen expressed his opinion on this film saying "Species II was a crock of shit. There are a number I'm not very proud of. The movie studios can't mind that much, as they haven't contacted me to tell me off about it. I'm honest - if I've made a bad movie, I want my fans to know what they're letting themselves in for."

And yet he still made Bloodrayne.

• Like 1