🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
seanotron

Poltergeist 3

There are many fundamentally bizarre decisions in this movie that had nothing to do with Heather O'Rourke's death. It's not hard to guess why none of the original cast (sans O'Rourke and Zelda Rubenstein) came back. Some seriously messed up story decisions.

• Like 1

There is a drinking game that goes along with this movie, everytime someone say Carol Anne you have to take a drink. I got so upset after seeing this movie, because I loved the first one. the second one was ok, but this should never of been made.

If you're coming in from the 1st one (or even the 2nd one) this movie is especially bizarre. The previous two movies were all about the family sticking together and drawing strength from each other, then in this movie the parents suddenly abandon their daughter? To her aunt who apparently detests her? Speaking of which, Nancy Allen is 100% unlikable this. And I can't believe I'm discussing the motivations of a ghost, but those didn't make any sense, either. In the first two he wants Carol Anne so he can control other ghosts, and then in this one he just wants to walk into the light. There's even a part where the aunt & uncle ask the ghost what he wants, and he says 'You!', which isn't true because he wants Carol Anne. It's a real mess.

A fact about me. First two films I ever rented on VHS was Poltergeist, and blade runner. it was my birthday so I got to pick. I loved both of those movies. I still think about poltergeist every time we get thundershowers.

like you said it's a mess of a movie and it would make a good show. Plus they could talk about the curse, that's said to be on this film. at one point they called in a shaman on Poltergeist two, because all of the film stock was not developing right. turned out that the some of the prop skeletons on the set turned out to be real and I guess they were not happy. Lot of story's about these movies. three of the actors died during the filming of all of them. I learned from a program on a&E once.

I don't know.

Yeah, I mean most of the deaths weren't that mysterious but there were a lot of them. Jo Beth Williams talked about the skeleton thing in an interview, she said all the skeletons in the pool scene were real because real skeletons were cheaper to buy than fake ones.

Lara. Flynn. Boyle.

Yup! We even get Evil Possessed Lara Flynn Boyle!

This could be a good one for Halloween (although I think there's going to be a lot of stiff competition next Halloween).

I agree, the Halloween episode definitely has some good contenders. I'm still hoping we get a Halloween 3 episode.

Sign in to follow this