🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 203 — The Vicar of Yanks

I love that Paul F'ing Tompkins almost always brings up MASH.

By the way, a MASH musical would be a hit.

Ghost riding the whip reference and explanation was one of the most amazing things ever.

• Like 3

I'm not sure there's been a non-character guest with as unparalleled a run as Weird Al. This one was as perfect as ever, nothing's funnier than everyone on the show just having fun being silly.

Yeah, it was a just plain fun episode all around - that gives me an idea - imagine how weird it would be (pun intented) if weird al played a character! And Scott too! They should do an episode like that! I wonder what sort of character Weird Al could do? He could do Bob DYlan like in his song.

Speaking of Scott doing characters, I didn't know he had any talent for characters, but he actually is really good - have you guys ever heard the episdoe where Scott does "dismissive Jimmy Stewart"?? It's fucking hilarious! Actually one of the funniest things I've heard on the show. I wish I could remember which episode it was cause I can't find it, but him doing a whole show or a segment like that would be hilarious.

I have trouble trusting someone who has never gotten fucked up on alcohol nor drugs, even once. Not that there's anything cool about inebriation, but why are you so afraid to lose control? What do you think will happen?

I've barely done any drugs in my life, and I avoided them because I felt like I would react badly, and also because the whole peer pressure environment seemed pretty idiotic when all my friends started smoking weed. As an adult my friends still tease me and try to get me to do this or that drug, or slip it in my drinks and bake into food without telling me ... And I was right, the one time I ate hash (it was on purpose, with a girl) I had amazing sex for a really long time until every time I looked at the girl from peripheral vision she looked like the wolfman, and then I ended had the worst bad trip for almost 48hrs. It makes a funny story, but It was awful. When I drink alcohol I get giggly for 15 minutes and then feel like I have poison on my blood and then sleep for 15 minutes and feel groggy for 15 minutes. I'm immune to MDMA,

Not everyone is made for drugs!

• Like 1

Yes! I forgot to mention it yesterday, but I think PFT broke the record for most intense off-mic laughter during the set-up to their "shouting across the table" bit.

Did it feel to anyone else like Scott kind of dropped his usual CBB persona this show and was more just enjoying hanging out with his buds (bros)? What a fun episode! Really silly.

Sarah Brightman is the only ex-wife ALW doesn't have kids with... but I guess it's okay if he doesn't remember that ;)

I also find it strangely heartwarming whenever PFT and Weird Al are together because his story about barging into "I Love the 80s" and yelling at Weird Al is one of my favorite stories of all time.

• Like 1

I loved it when Scott brought up Harvey Bullock from the BattingGentleman's television show going on The Biggest Loser and Cake Boss would be there, and then ALW very matter-of-factly uttered in a low tone, "Cake Boss."

Yes! I forgot to mention it yesterday, but I think PFT broke the record for most intense off-mic laughter during the set-up to their "shouting across the table" bit.

That was great, but for me, his reaction to the completely nonsensical catchphrase at the beginning of episode 186 really takes the cake.

Did it feel to anyone else like Scott kind of dropped his usual CBB persona this show and was more just enjoying hanging out with his buds (bros)? What a fun episode! Really silly.

I was actually thinking was there any point in Paul being ALW in this episode? There were some funny moments that came out of it, but usually when he's doing one of his characters there's some kind of premise for why that particular character is there, but there wasn't really anything for this episode. At times it felt to me like it was an obstacle to them having a normal conversation. It does seem Paul is only ever himself on the best off's now, and I kind of miss him just being himself on the show now and then.

Anyway it was exciting to hear him promoting his London shows, even though I bought the tickets seconds after he announced it on twitter.

Only Weird Al can use the word VICAR. Everyone else should be using VICAH.

I never even made that connection, it just made me wonder if the great undiscovered project is also part of the CBB canon.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing when Scott started asking ALW about Garry Marshall.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing when Scott started asking ALW about Garry Marshall.

Please, call him Mr. Marshall.

• Like 2

This episode was such a great palate cleanser after the Philip Seymour Traumatic Disorder episode.