🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 16 - Building The Track Pt. 4

Building The Track is back with a vengeance! Axmaster Brian Huskey and Jon Daly predicted and then made the next big indie rock hit called “Some People’s Other Friends.” Look for it at the next Coachella & Bonnaroo. M83 watch yr back!

(Cyrus Ghahremani on engineering & keys and Brett Morris on bass)

I have to save this podcast for tomorrow (for my boring ass job), but I just listened to the Squarespace commercial at the beginning and it was spectacular. And if that was Brian Husky's voice doing the Chris Cornell part, I may lose my shit when I listen to this.

The song Jon was singing was "White Trash Heroes" from the 1998 album of the same name by the Archers of Loaf. It's a top 10 song in my life (GOD I wish Brian had said it was one of his when he was asked just a few seconds later).

Please spend the next 8 minutes of your life listening to this.

Oh, and the shows keep getting better and better guys.

• Like 1

Wait, that sounded dismissive. Listen to the Rafflecast first because it is freaking awesome. It different because you could hear the instruments as well as the vocals this time. Cyrus and Brett are geniuses as always. The song is only about 2 minutes this time, but it still amazes me that something great could come out of 20 minutes.

Now go listen to "White Trash Heroes."

• Like 1

The final square space ad in this sounds like a One Minute Silence, loved it.

Sign in to follow this