🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
KommyKat

The Frighteners, oh my god, THE FRIGHTENERS!

The Frighteners people! Bad FX, Michael J Fox's last movie, Pre-LoTR Peter Jackson, and a Busey family member!! The freaky weird and obstinate FBI guy! There is no end to its amazingness! I just want to see you guys wrap your heads around the "rules" of ghosts in this movie. They can go through walls but also get run over by trucks? Can ghosts kill people AND other ghosts?

Please do this one: Its on Netflix!

Aww, I really like The Frighteners. It has a good sense of humor about itself.

Whoa, I hated this movie... not sure if it sucks in the right way for HDTGM though...

I really liked this movie because this was before Peter Jackson became an auteur and took himself too seriously. With splatstick movies like Dead Alive (Braindead), Meet the Feebles, and this, you could see that he was having schlocky fun with the movies rather than trying to make them super detailed or about the art of movies.

Huh? This was a good one. The special effects were in no sense bad for the time (a lot of the stuff was cutting edge), pre-LotR Peter Jackson is the BEST Peter Jackson, and that FBI guy is Crispen Glover, aka George McFly and that's pretty much how he always acts.

I agree this was a good movie, although Crispin Glover wasn't the FBI guy. Based on Seanotron's description I'm guessing Jeffery Combs was the FBI agent.

No love for Jim Fyfe? To me the Frighteners was about one courageous actor breaking the bonds of HBO kid specials such as "Buy Me That" and "Buy Me That 2" so that he could move on to bigger projects that being a ghost in a Zemeckis produced film would provide.

I love the Frighteners! I don't think it's a bad movie at all myself. Certainly not HDTGM territory.

Sign in to follow this