🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Rage8

Secretary (2002)

This movie has Maggie Gyllenhaal at her hottest and James Spader at his weirdest. There will be plenty of uncomfortable moments for Paul, Jason and June to talk about with this one. You’ve got Mental Hospitals, self mutilation, Fucked up family members and sadomasochistic sex. What else could you ask for?

I actually detest Maggie Gyllenhaal but I thought this was extremely well done. Even though there is humor in it, I don't think it's the type of unintentional trainwreck stuff that makes for good HDTGM episodes.

This movie wasn't awful. I didn't find it great, but there's just nothing about it that's really WTF-worthy.

(Also, people who hate Maggie Gyllenhaal hate love and happiness.)

• Like 1

I also thought it was a good movie. I was thinking more along the lines of listening to them break down the scenes. There is so much weird shit going on in this movie, it would be funny to get their take on it.

The WTF moment = The worm in the letter….. How did she know that would work?!?!?

I liked her in this and Stranger Than Fiction, but otherwise find her extraordinarily boring.

I liked her in this and Stranger Than Fiction, but otherwise find her extraordinarily boring.

Agreed.

BUMP

I don't think this movie was "bad" per se. But it was 100% what the fuck. Let's start with the fact that a boss begins to spank an employee with ZERO indication that it was consensual; then, let's add in the fact that she was recovering from a nervous breakdown and self-harming...y'know exactly the type of person who it's totally cool to start sexually abusing??????

Let's add in the fact that they eat fucking spaghetti and wine at a laundromat for no apparent reason.

Also, she mails a worm to his house and knows this will get him turned on?

Or the fact that he has a parade of secretaries coming in and out that he just eventually dominates-- I'm guessing with the same amount of consent that he got from her.

The weird hands that Peter keeps making throughout the entire goddamn movie.

Iunno, man, I feel like I could go on for 10 minutes about how bonkers this movie was.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this