🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
pat_mcclanahan

Enough (2002)

Yeah I think this one is just bad outside of the final Home Alone-esque setup towards the final fight.

It's probably one of my favorite movies, I must admit. Didn't say it was good but definitely a movie I will watch everytime it comes on Lifetime.

Yeah I think this one is just bad outside of the final Home Alone-esque setup towards the final fight.

I love how she straight up gets away with murdering her husband by claiming self defense when anyone investigating the scene could see that it had to be completely pre-meditated. I mean, the power was cut, phone lines cut, shit was rigged to break and fall apart, potential weapons were moved and stashed into places where he couldn't get them, etc. The house was a giant box of kill. Also, her husband had his cop buddies looking out for him, right? When he turned up dead, did they just fucking give up and drop it all right there?

This was one of those movies that seemed to WANT to have a good message, that you have to stand up to the abuse and fight back, but it went about it in just the most ridiculously wrong way. Hey, speaking of fighting back, didn't J-Lo become a black belt in an afternoon? I think this movie is PERFECT for an episode!

• Like 2

It out Burning Bedded the Burning Bed.

Enough is a "thriller movie" that stars Jennifer Lopez, a small child, and the cost-efficient alternative to Bruce Campbell. I tentatively suggest this because it is, in my opinion, borderline "unwatchable." I found the movie to be a painful experience, with the exception of the last 15 minutes. However, it at times goes completely off the rails and enters into "so-bad-it's-good" territory. This movie might need to be considered as it may be even crazier than Anaconda.

There's another thread about this already where we talked about it quite a bit, including how it was funny that everyone at the end was like "You killed your husband in self defense? Works for me..." even though it was clear that it was completely premeditated since the phone was cut, power was cut, rails loosened to come off if anyone should fall on them, weapons stashed in weird places, etc. It may as well have been the house from "Saw 2", but y'know, self defense...

I swear it's around here somewhere, but I don't think I see it either. I mean, I don't think there's anywhere else I would have talked about this film in the last decade...

http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/10432-enough-this-movie-is-bonkers-you-guys-need-to-check-it-out/page__hl__%2Bjennifer+%2Blopez__fromsearch__1

Here is the other thread. I think the movie couldn't be found in the thread since it is a pretty common word, so I had to search for Jennifer Lopez. I still stick by that J-Lo should have gone to jail for A) Premeditated murder and B) Obstructing a police investigation with her bullcrap self defense story. The police should have realized that they were dealing with what has been called in movies "an orgy of evidence" when there is so much evidence at a scene that it's too good to be true. Plus, they should have known something was up when they saw J-Lo in exercise/ninja attire, an odd choice when meeting your ex to talk.

Pretty bonkers movie, I remember being heartbroken when Dr. John Carter turned out to be a henchman in this.

And as crazy as this movie is, I think that J.Lo actually did a great job with the script she had.

Sign in to follow this