🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 136 — A Nye For A Nye

You don’t have to believe in ancient gravity to love this episode of Sklarbro Country! Randy & Jason talk about a twitter feud between intellectual equals Jose Canseco and Bill Nye and then they discuss an entire Irish hockey team that walked away from their owner in the name of good. Jon Glaser comes back to the calming shores and talks about the Red Wings, his great turn on “Girls”, and his feelings about the end of his series, “Delocated”. Plus, we get quick hits and a disturbingly upbeat phone call from Dick Vitale. Enjoy!

Didn't the bros mean for this episode to be called "A Nighy for A Nye"?

Also, it's showing that David Huntsberger is in this on the front page, but in the description--he's not mentioned or shown. Is he not in this?

Yes! You guys brought back Stephen A. Smith......I fucking love that character.

"Im standing inside blake griffins ear drum, contemplating WHAT THE HELL WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!?" stephen a. Smith

• Like 1

Great episode. Steve A. Smith broke me as I drove today. Also, I think we need to accept that Lil' Wayne is the most intelligent person in show business around. His subtle, "I'm good friends with Lebron's mom" shows just how sublime his sense of humor is. We mock his, "The NBA banned me from NBA events" at an NBA event statement.....but perhaps he is the true Andy Kaufman of the modern age.

Also, if we're going to start throwing people out of places for making finger guns, then only outlaws will have finger guns.

Also, if we're going to start throwing people out of places for making finger guns, then only outlaws will have finger guns.

When you call them finger guns, I just picture him making little 'pew pew' noises like a small child.

When you call them finger guns, I just picture him making little 'pew pew' noises like a small child.

Or like me.

• Like 1

Great show, guys. "Mark Few is the demon leader of the underworld" is one of the funniest lines to ever grace the calming shores. Good stuff from Glaser, too. "Punderdome" sounds amazing.

Regarding the Li'l Wayne thing:

1) I don't think his gesture was "finger guns", but rather some sort of "I have a gun" gesture, like maybe pantomiming starting to pull one out of his waistband.

2) There are a ton of events during All-Star weekend in the same city as the All-Star Game which are not sanctioned by the NBA (just like Super Bowl weekend), so he must have been performing at one of these.

Sorry to hear about your family's loss, Randy. I think it was coincidental since the Glaser interview seems to have been taped earlier, but hearing the Sklars and Glaser lovingly discuss their kids a lot on this show was a nice counterpoint to that opening.

• Like 1

I'm waiting for Bill Nye the Science Guy to discover this and tell you that the moon isn't zero-gravity.

I nearly choked myself when you guys pulled that reference to Brimstone and Treacle. I bought a VHS copy of that movie for a dollar from a grungy video store in Quebec that was converting to dvds. Two things about that movie are burned into my mind:

1. the movie ends with Sting's character molesting this comatose girl and then jumping out a window, only for it to be revealed that in doing so he had cured her. I just checked wikipedia to make sure this wasn't a crazy fever dream i had, and yeah, that is literally how that fucking movie ends.

2. These two sentences were on the back cover of the videotape: "This film packs a bite - and a Sting!" "Don't call The Police - they're already here!"

• Like 1

Loved this episode. Always get a kick out of hearing the Sklars lose their shit -- Jon Glaser did a fine job in that.

One question: They reference Jon Glaser in an old show/movie/series/something where he plays basketball and yells "Glass!" offscreen. I know they mentioned this before a long time ago... but what program are they talking about?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

It was "Delocated," a series on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. Probably available for rental or streaming somewhere.

Can't remember if they mentioned Jon's work on "Parks & Rec." He's been such a great nemesis for Leslie Knope this season.

Sign in to follow this