🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
zeecheree82

She's all that

This movie is just awful, as most late 90's teen flicks mostly were and still are..I remember watching this and even as a teenager thinking how horrible it was then...I think it would b fun to listen to the guys gag over this nausea inducing garbage heap...or would it b just too easy and therefore no fun?

(It does have rotten 38%)

The only problem I see with She's All That is that it's so infamous and representative of bad teen romcoms that it has basically become the definitive formula. Hot girl who is ugly because she wears glasses, douche-y dudebro who learns the meaning of love by dating her, empty-headed blonde cheerleader vs intellectual brunette...there are no actual characters in the movie, just archetypes. It's such well-worn territory that I'm not sure it would be that much fun to pick apart.

The only problem I see with She's All That is that it's so infamous and representative of bad teen romcoms that it has basically become the definitive formula. Hot girl who is ugly because she wears glasses, douche-y dudebro who learns the meaning of love by dating her, empty-headed blonde cheerleader vs intellectual brunette...there are no actual characters in the movie, just archetypes. It's such well-worn territory that I'm not sure it would be that much fun to pick apart.

Ugh...clearly I am too in over my head with this and from now on will remain silent on the suggestion front...

Ugh...clearly I am too in over my head with this and from now on will remain silent on the suggestion front...

No need to overreact. Just wait until you find something so truly insane that you have to suggest it.

• Like 1

Oh don't do that! I didn't mean to seem dismissive if that's how I came across. Just my opinion, which is hardly definitive in any way.

Toss in a death or two, and you've got the Nicolas Sparks formula, because that's the easiest way to trick a teenage girl into thinking she saw a good movie.

Sign in to follow this