⚠️ Read this before you sign up! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
NickArnold

To all my fellow Earwolf fans who play instruments.

What instruments do you play? What's your setups?

I've been playing guitar for 10 years now and basically only play my Telecaster and Sheraton II, with a small Vox Amp, though I'd really like an AC30.

I've been noodling on guitar for 26 years. Down to one guitar now finally, a nice Ibanez acoustic/electric I picked up maybe nine or ten years ago. Over the years I've sold or given away a Strat, a cheap Epiphone Les Paul Jr. knockoff, a G&L Tele, an Ovation, a supercrappy Aria Pro II bass, and most recently a Tele B-bender. Most of the guitars ran through a small Marshall halfstack and a decent collection of older pedals. I'd eventually like to take some piano and drum lessons when life settles a bit.

I own a couple of guitars but could never sustain an interest in it.

I've played piano for ~15 years. I have an old upright piano that has been in the family for a few generations. I don't think it's been tuned in >50 years but it still sounds good by itself (Playing with a properly tuned instrument you can tell that it's dropped at least a semi tone, but all of the keys are in tune with respect to the other keys which is fine for me). It is my go to, especially when I feel like playing some loud rag time. Here is a video of it in action :

And then I have a Yamaha DGX-620 electric keyboard, which has a pretty nice sound (using the built in speakers), a good selection of synthesized instruments, is easy to record on and has the option of headphones. Although I still feel bad playing at night with the headphones on since it has hammer action keys, so there's still a noticeable 'thumping' that can permeate nearby rooms.

And here is this one being played:

I had 3 ukes, but as I'm about to move out of the country I've cut down to just one.

Git-fiddle. About 12 years. My mainstay is a one-off rig that one of my closest friends built. Walnut/Maple, all hand-made. If you guys have the time or the money I strongly encourage modifying your rig or getting one built. It really changed the way I play because I had it built to my ear. Not to mention luthiers are some of the most OCD people on the planet and they love detail.

My amp is a line-6 which I have hated for a couple of years now. I'm going back to pure analog as soon as I can afford a half-stack. Tubes truly have better response and more "life."

20121216_210330.jpg

20121216_210350.jpg

P.S. Sorry these pictures are huge guys.

• Like 2

I have just started taking training to learn playing Guitar. So, don't have that much detail information about it.

----------------------------------------------

Vince Doran

Brand Manager for onesies australia

Suite 98

1A 400 King William St

Adelaide, SA 5000

http://www.zippd.com.au

Sign in to follow this