🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Skeevins

Condorman (1981)

First reaction to seeing this trailer, ohh my god!! this looks amazing, amazingly bad..

I never saw this film in the 80's.. same goes for flash gorden. Yet I got the sound track by queen for some odd reason to this day I don't know why.

IMDB says that people who like this film also liked,

peoplewholikedthis.jpg

I never saw this film in the 80's.. same goes for flash gorden. Yet I got the sound track by queen for some odd reason to this day I don't know why.

You definitely need to see Flash Gordon. That movie is amazing. Very deliberately campy and fun.

I watched Seth MacFarlane "Ted" the other night. So needless to say it peak my curiosity. I never saw it in the theather so it wasn't on video for the longist time. I think it got shelved.

Never saw Ted, was there something in there about Flash Gordon?

Maybe, your going to have to just trust me on this one and rent the movie..

Maybe, your going to have to just trust me on this one and rent the movie..

I'll have to take your word, I sort of hate Seth MacFarlane so the likelihood of me renting that is pretty low.

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing when i first heard about this film. Seth MacFarlane I don't know if i am going to like this, if he does all his annoying talking voice's during the movie and he does just that. Delivers with us a annoying talking teddy bear who smokes pot and doesn't really add to the film yet that is what the film is about. but where the film picks up with is it's got great comic moments that really steal the film. like "Jerky boys" its got one or two good comic moments close to the end of the film. that steal the film. if you've seen it, it's the kissing the ring scene. It's you!!!! Ohh man, I was on the floor with that one.

Weren't we talking about Condorman? I definitely have a vague memory of this one as a kid. Very vague.

The themesong stuck in my head forever. And the car chase. And the boat chase. And Michael Crawford's extreme overacting.

Trust Jarry on this one - you want to rent 'Ted' for all the Flash Gordon greatness.

Hey.. the Condorman trailer gave me a massive childhood flashback. I love about 1:00 into the clip the crowd is BARELY acknowledging the suitcase beating taking place in front of them.

Only thing with Condorman (as far as a nominee) - it was a deliberate goof on superhero and spy movies. so its kinda hard to knock them.

Trust Jarry on this one - you want to rent 'Ted' for all the Flash Gordon greatness.

Hey.. the Condorman trailer gave me a massive childhood flashback. I love about 1:00 into the clip the crowd is BARELY acknowledging the suitcase beating taking place in front of them.

Only thing with Condorman (as far as a nominee) - it was a deliberate goof on superhero and spy movies. so its kinda hard to knock them.

I think there's a difference between a superhero comedy and a superhero parody. I wouldn't even call Condorman a "comedy," really, since it's more of a family action flick and the action scenes are played straight. It's about a comic book fan/writer trying to be a superhero, yes, but so's KickAss, and that's definitely not a parody. This isn't Scary Movie territory here.

• Like 1

Bumping this for fond childhood memories - this was the very first movie my parents rented for us to watch on our very first VCR. The plot is absurd - a comic book writer who tries to build a real-life flying suit patterned after the superhero he writes is asked by his CIA employee friend to stand-in for him at what's supposed to be a low-level file exchange; because CIA employees are constantly asking civilians to do solids for them like that.

Instead, the writer bluffs about being an elite operative code-named "Condorman", the Soviets mistake him for the real thing, and a beautiful KGB agent decides she wants to defect but only if he handles it. So he basically blackmails the CIA into building him a laser car and superboat and other stuff painted in garish, not-at-all-covert Condorman colors and then it becomes like a neutered "From Russia with Love" knockoff for kids.

This didn't stop child me from thinking the Condormobile was the RADDEST THING EVER.

For the rest of the world, Michael Crawford will always be The Phantom of the Opera. For me - Condorman For Eva.

Sign in to follow this