🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MattGriffin

Blackie Greene

I really enjoy the show, but the guy who plays Blackie Greene almost makes it so I. Cant. Listen. Could he turn it down to 11 or what?

I seriously just made an account and the first thing I was going to say was how much Blackie Green rules when I found this post. Blaine's faux-mercials are funnier than shit and his character is starting the dominate the crap out of folks. Gotta say, I love me some Blackie Green.

"...because Blackie Green is worth it."

• Like 4

Man he's got some wicked charisma right? What is it, uhm oh yeah 19!

The shows are 100% better when Blackee (Blaine) has it cranked up.

I mean, yeh, the guy can be funny, but I can't believe I'm the only one who tires of him sucking all the oxygen out of the room, Gilbert Godfrey style (sometimes while doing a Godfrey impression even.) I think it speaks to my criticism that a lot of the time, the other players just ignore him.

I really enjoy the show, but the guy who plays Blackie Greene almost makes it so I. Cant. Listen. Could he turn it down to 11 or what?

You are wrong. Objectively.

• Like 5

He's not sucking oxygen out of the room, he's filling dead air while someone is flipping through books or character sheets trying to find a random piece of info. What Blackee Green does is a public service. :)

• Like 1

Yeah, I think its just you man. With Gerry gone Blaine really stepped up the awesome.

this is so not what i thought a thread titled blackie greene woulda been about... I'm sorry you don't find Blaine's performances funny, but I for one enjoy the shit out of him on this show and wouldn't want him to change it at all!

• Like 1

I love the charisma schtick. I'll admit I'm a bit burnt out on the "flex, flex, flex" reflex bit. Still though I love Blackie and Blaine's ads. I wanted to start a thread for product requests for him. I swear Flaming Hot Cheetos was going to be my first request and he just nailed that one and then some.

• Like 1

Oddly, I guess, I do chuckle everytime at the reflex bit. The commercials are usually funny, it's when he's trying too hard that bugs me.

I'd have agreed with you off the top, mrg, but I think three things have happened:

- The other players, some of whom aren't "performers" in the same way as Brian and Blaine, have gotten more comfortable and are getting more active and engaged on the mic;

- Blaine has indeed dialed it back a bit;

- His sense of humour is growing on me.

It doesn't bug me nearly as much as it did. Now he's kind of at the level of a friend who is great 90% of the time, and 10% of the time you sort of wince and think he's really working too hard at it, but the 90% is still awesome so you just live with the 10%.

• Like 1

His amazingly obscure references to old stuff that my thirty-something-ass has no idea about are what I love, too. There was that one time he was talking about some famous bear from the 1930's or something... coco something... I had no idea what he was talking about, but I was crying, probably because of Brian's reaction.

One of these days I'm going to design an f'n Charisma of 19 tattoo and not get it!

After listening to the latest episode, Pants, I think I'm in agreement with you. The Cracker Barrell bit made me lolz, and he was tuned down. Jesus, maybe his 19 Charisma just finally won me over. I do have diarrheaidiance, a little.

I nearly had to pull my car over during the Cracker Barrell ad. My BF and I once went to one and the only black person there was sitting on the porch in one of the rocking chairs. When they brought him chocolate milk I was informed that we don't eat at Cracker Barrell anymore.

• Like 1

Shows like these are normally ruined for me by a single participant I can't stand, but I can honestly say I think all the players on NP are hilarious and likeable. It's an anomaly.

Sign in to follow this