🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 15 — As The Dust Settles

After the heated battle against the collectors, the gang tries to decipher the newly discovered maps covered in astronomical signals that they find on the tables around them. Then it quickly becomes an intimidation fest against their hostages that still remain in the elevator they rode in on. Will they have what it takes to intimidate these poor people? What do these strange maps mean? Which words remind Blaine of Bronson Pinchot? Tune in to find out!

If you get the Char. Builder you could spend a lot less time looking for numbers. You can make as many charachers on the program as your computer will allow. Anyways, again great eppisode! Really liked the Leg-chop!

Yeah I listen to another d&d podcast and they all just share the same account and password for the wotc site's character builder.

When the episode ended they were in their sixth fight of the same day. Don't they need a nap or some lunch by now? Is healing surge code for fat rails of cocaine?

• Like 2

Wait, there's another D&D podcast??? Jesus how popular is this game?

still listening to the new ep now, way to burn shit Bart.

Wait, there's another D&D podcast???

This one. There're almost 200 now episodes so I just let it play in the background while I'm working. It's pretty cool but the one guy is like Blaine on crack sometimes.

So close to getting gear! I'm really excited to see what kind of equipment the group will finally be able to get a hold of. Also, Prison = Gerry's new character??

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been brought up elsewhere - in 4th Ed. with the At-Will Powers, would anyone ever choose to just do a basic attack on their turn? On the show they might just do it to speed things up, say "Okay I'm just gonna take a swing at this guy" but it seems like any At-Will Power would have some beneficial effect and can just be done over and over. So in case that's another thing the group hasn't gotten used to, it may lead to some more destruction. Blackie definitely has it down with the Eldritich Blasts.

I could just be wrong about powers... I only started this around the time this show started.

This podcast is one I look forward to, moreso than any other of my regular favorites, and HAVE TO hear as soon as I download it. It automatically moves to the top of the listenign stack. For example: I have yet to listen to yesterday's HDTGM?, Sklarbro County, and, yes, even I4H which is my favorite podcast and has been firing on all cylinders lately. I didn't listen to any of those yesterday because I was in the middle of a day-long run of Orson Welle's "The Black Musum" ((OTR)), which I've heard numerous times but had a hankering for, and put those episodes off. I'm still in a Black Museum mood but...waking up and knowing its Wednesday, and knowing a new Nerd Poker drops....well...everything else gets to wait, Nerd Poker trumps all. I'm not saying it better than any of those, I just HAVE TO KNOW.

Thank you guys for the excellence. Thank you for re-igniting my love of tabletop. Now, I'm off to listen.

p.s. I want Karn &Tras to become like the Russian "Interior Decorator" from the Pine Barrens episode of The Sopranos.

It really doesn't make any sense that they use basic attacks so often, but to be honest they are missing a ton of 4e rules shit anyway, so whatever. Technically their daily powers have all reset twice by now since the first battle on the catwalk and will reset again for the 3rd time once they wrap up their 6th battle of the day that they ended on this time. And daily powers are cans of pure whoopass. I don't think the 4e build was really intended to have over 2 encounters a day. But again, whatevs. I mainly come here for the dick and fart jokes.

• Like 1

Blaine had gone absolute bizarre with his ads there near the end.

"This break is brought to you by Taco Bell's Baja Shrimp Tacos! Taco Bell's Baja Shrimp Tacos: You can still kind of taste the horse meat!"

"This break is brought to you by Pepto Bismol! Pepto Bismol: I don't know what it does, but it sure makes your feces black!"

I just want them to level up. I love leveling up!

• Like 1

Re. using basic attacks instead of At Wills:

Mildred uses basic attacks instead of At Wills because her 2 At Wills are Cleave, which she can only use when there are more than one adjacent targets and Tide of Iron, which requires a shield. Mildred had a shield when Sarah rolled her up but Sark took all their gear in Episode 1 for the first adventure hook.

She uses Cleave when circumstances permit but cannot use Tide of Iron until they find a shield in the armory, etc.

• Like 1

Re. using basic attacks instead of At Wills:

Thanks, that makes complete sense. I wasn't sure what powers had been chosen... they may have listed them all off in an early episode that I haven't relistened to. She's mentioned marking and another strike that provides cover but I don't know what types of powers/actions those are. And, honestly, it's not keeping me up at night, I just wasn't sure if everyone knew what they had at their disposal.

Well holy crap. I've been trying to sign up for these forums ever since episode 3 (obviously not very hard). I finally gave in and just used my Twitter account.

Anyways, hi.

Just for the record, I'mma +1 the support for Precious Moments.

But spending an entire session on an elevator? That's fine too, I guess... I mean... I'm having a hard time figuring out how to say it, since negativity on the internet usually just results in anger for everybody and snide comments on subsequent podcasts, so all I can think to do is this, and know that I mean every word: I'm a huge fan I love it it's great I love it I love you I promise I'll never hurt you I love you Sark I love everyone I really do, but... it's... just... I... you... you've spent 4 hours of this game in an elevator... 2 going up, 2 going down. I mean, strides have been made in roleplaying systems to streamline things so that doesn't have to happen! I know old school D&D is great and all, but then just, yunno... play 2nd edition or something.

But really... I think all this butthurt is just because I want Gerry back.

But spending an entire session on an elevator?

The party has only been together for 3 days at this point, and we've been listening to those 3 days for almost 4 months now.

Day 1 - episodes 1 thru 8

Day 2 - episode 8 (they slept in the dome, they scouted the base, then slept in the dome again I think?)

Day 3 - episode 9 thru 15 (so far)

• Like 1

What makes this podcast and game awesome is not really the plot or mechanical rulesmastery of 4e. I'm here for the amusing personalities and humor, and these crazy fuckers always deliver.

• Like 1