🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 118 — Shit Fits

"If you walk into a club and "Thrift Shop" is playing, thats a club you want to be at."

Oof. No.

Good stuff from Ku and Wie, but this guy is not my sort of guy.

I really enjoyed the episode, the only weird part is how much he shat on howard's 'comedy degenerate' friends (who are likely a lot more of a fun bunch than a room full of giancarlos as Flatula said)

I'm pretty sure at least a good number of those degenerates either do podcasts on this network, or appear on them, so I'd say they're definitely more fun.

I'm pretty sure at least a good number of those degenerates either do podcasts on this network, or appear on them, so I'd say they're definitely more fun.

You seem to have an aggressive dislike toward this dude. He's def a part of the Los Angeles ecology that I could do without, but, why so serious chartists?

I do have an aggressive dislike towards that type. It stems from high school and being from Delaware.

• Like 2

I'm 15 minutes in so my opinion could change, but so far it doesn't seem that bad. Sure this guy is a name-dropper, but at the very least he seems to actually care what Kulap and Howard have to say (unlike Gore and Steve-O).

• Like 1

I'M GETTING THE FEELING THAT SARAH DOESN'T LIKE GIANCARLO CHERSICH.

• Like 3

I do have an aggressive dislike towards that type. It stems from high school and being from Delaware.

Perhaps a session over at Conniptions might help?

• Like 2

I'M GETTING THE FEELING THAT SARAH DOESN'T LIKE GIANCARLO CHERSICH.

Off-topic, but, hey man. Cool name.

• Like 2

Off-topic, but, hey man. Cool name.

Backatchya. It's served well except for being a midwest person in the south where, even after spelling it out, it has become "Den" far too often.

• Like 2

Also, I don't think you can really call the guy a name-dropper since Howard directly asks him on several occasions in the podcast about celebrities he's managed or had run-ins with.

• Like 3

Backatchya. It's served well except for being a midwest person in the south where, even after spelling it out, it has become "Den" far too often.

For a long time, when I introduced myself, people would think I was saying "Matt" instead of Ben and I could never figure it out. Turns out, due to my flat-as-the-plains accent coming from the west coast, the word "Man" sounds like "Matt" and I would always respond with "Ben, man". Now I just say "Benjamin" and let people invent their own corruption.

Im from the south (close to ATL). I would like to formally apologize for the multitude of dumb dumbs in the dirty dirty.

Bruce, do you pronounce it more like "Bin", or maybe "Biyen"?

I can't even begin to spell the Philly pronunciation of most words, sadly.

• Like 1

I feel like it depends on where you're from specifically. For me, being from Huntsville, AL (not rural), and growing up in Auburn, AL it would sound like "bin." Similarly "pin" for pen.

The "Biyen" long "e" sound is more stereotyped from what people think southern accents sound like. Most of the people I have heard that use all long vowels are old and from poor, rural areas.

Interestingly, a good friend of mine is from Quakerstown right outside of Philly. We lived together for a while and had numerous discussions on the finer points of what makes an accent "Easty." The spelling of Philly accents is definitely a challenge.

P.S. go Flyers.

• Like 1

This was a GREAT episode. I doubt I'd be able to get through a night of hanging with this guy, but hearing his history and back and forth with Howard was hilarious and fascinating. I didn't finish the ep with Steve-O, but I enjoyed this episode beginning to end. Does the guy come off as having douche-like qualities? For sure. Is he entertaining to listen to? Absolutely.

• Like 6

One of the only ways I know how to spell an Easty pronunciation is with the long "o" that sounds more like "ew" (as in "ew, gross"). So "phone" is "phewn", home is "hewm".

Yeah, the southern way of saying Ben is to really milk it into a 2 syllable word like the French "bien"; otherwise it becomes "Den" or "Dan", even when you spell it out, because B is pronounced "Beeeeee".

But back on topic, I don't have a problem with Giancarlo at all. He doesn't come close to cracking the top 5 worst Who Carted guests. For example, where Chris Gore, the undisputed gold standard shit-stain of bad podcast guests, PRETENDED to be a suave mover and shaker; there is at least an air of authenticity about this guy and his machismo isn't blatant fakery given his Jersey background (we're fine with Howard talking about Kulap's boobs but supposed to be outraged by this guy doing the same?). In terms of Hollywood behind the scenes types, this guy is really far from the worst example of douchery in that mold.

• Like 1

I think we're ok with Wie talking about Kulap's boobs because they have met and are friends. I wouldn't talk that way with anyone I'm meeting for the first time, no matter the setting or how innocent it is.

• Like 2

definitely an entertaining listen, and i agree with most others that Giancarlo isn't my kind of guy (the phrase "self-entitled toolbag" popped in my mind several times while listening). oh well, i listen for Howard and Kulap, and they were fantastic even if GC talked shit on Scott Aukerman's show and sounded a bit uppity. He does live an uppity lifestyle, outside of slumming it with comics like Howard

6xup9h.gif

I made it about halfway through 'cause I loves me some Kuku & WieWie, but that's as far as I could go before I had to go look at pictures of dogs wearing hipster glasses. But hey, we'll have a live Whooch with PFT tomorrow and that will surely be a delight.

• Like 4

I didn't have a problem at all- I found it very entertaining and informative. I have known people like GC, and a lot of the stories he told were because Howard asked him about them. He talked about the things he knows on a podcast that is about getting to know someone. There's nothing wrong with that. I also have known a lot of people in >my< peer group who automatically hate this type of person. There are much douchier than him in that class... he didn't seem disconnected.

• Like 2

I didn't think he was that bad. He wasn't the kind of guy I want to listen to a lot, but he did seem to really care about Howard. Howard loves the guy so I can listen to him for an hour even if I don't care who he has met.

I agree with Ben M and Vampires. The bar is set really high for this show, and they have had guests that were way more shitty than this dude.

• Like 1

I think we're ok with Wie talking about Kulap's boobs because they have met and are friends. I wouldn't talk that way with anyone I'm meeting for the first time, no matter the setting or how innocent it is.

Not to make this into any sort of thing, but I have faith in Kulap's ability to put someone in their place should they step over a line. She seemed comfortable with the banter.

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this