🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 118 — Shit Fits

It is easy to get spoiled, I mean there were a few months there that were solid gold - Brody, St Clair, Zouks, Adam Scott, Thomas Lennon, Huebel, Weird Al...it was quite a ride!

I haven't listened to this one yet, but Whooch hasn't had the best month. Aside from the Wittels ep, they been kind of "meh". Twooch has been great as always, though... I dunno, I guess I'm just complaining about nothing, really.

Here's how it is:

I love Wie and Ku.

When I love someone I love to hear them happy.

I heard Wie and Ku both being very happy to be making this ep with Howard's pal Giancarlo, just as I heard them being very happy making the ep with Steve-O.

Thus I was very happy to hear these episodes.

• Like 3

I liked this episode. Making no judgement on his personality, he brought some Howard history to the table which is always gold. It was fun to get a glimpse at the dynamic of their friendship.

• Like 4

Happy to see some dissenting opinions to the negativity that I assumed was coming when I saw how many comments this thread had. All three participants were clearly having a lot of fun, and we got to know more about the wonderful enigma that is Howard Kremer. Not every guest is going to be Paul F. Tompkins, so I don't see any reason to react negatively to someone just because they bring a different vibe and aren't good at improv games. I probably wouldn't enjoy hanging out with GC for a night of his chosen activities either, but I have no problem being invited to listen to a podcast where he's doing (maybe) half of the talking.

• Like 1

Happy to see some dissenting opinions to the negativity that I assumed was coming when I saw how many comments this thread had. All three participants were clearly having a lot of fun, and we got to know more about the wonderful enigma that is Howard Kremer. Not every guest is going to be Paul F. Tompkins, so I don't see any reason to react negatively to someone just because they bring a different vibe and aren't good at improv games. I probably wouldn't enjoy hanging out with GC for a night of his chosen activities either, but I have no problem being invited to listen to a podcast where he's doing (maybe) half of the talking.

When I see a thread with this number of responses, I usually figure it starts with some negativity, then some "yeah really" agreement negativity, then one or two people being like "Whoa hold on" and then more people being like, "Yeah come on!"

• Like 1

I think now we can add "Discussion of how various people pronounce certain names" to that list.

• Like 1

GC: I saw you doing a show in Santa Monica in some basement to like 7 people. I walked up to you and was like 'I don't know you, but can I be your friend?'

What a jerk that guy is. Appreciating Howard and wanting to be his friend.

• Like 2

Here's how it is:

I love Wie and Ku.

When I love someone I love to hear them happy.

I heard Wie and Ku both being very happy to be making this ep with Howard's pal Giancarlo, just as I heard them being very happy making the ep with Steve-O.

Thus I was very happy to hear these episodes.

No offense but this is really stupid. Just cause you love someone and they seem to be happy doesn't mean you have to like it.

My best friend loves RC cars and races them, doesn't mean I'd be really happy to go to a track and watch it or even listen about it.

I wonder what kind of ruckus this would cause if it happened among bromedians like Joe Rogan, Dane Cook, and Bert Kreischer.

Peeps are projecting alot on Giancarlo, I really liked this episode. I don't need technically sound improv always, and Howard has amazing chemistry with Giancarlo. I laughed more in this ep than I have at a podcast in awhile. Would I like to hang out with Giancarlo a lot? Probably not. But he's very charismatic and he obviously cares about Howard and his career, he's a good friend, seems like a good guy just very bombastic. I like to hear different personalities on Who Charted, not just stuff appealing directly at us comedy nerds, take me out of my comfort zone!

Side note: I'd love to hear Bill Burr on a Who Charted

• Like 4

It's not the end of the world either way. A new episode is never more than a few days away, that's the great thing about Whooch.

Peeps are projecting alot on Giancarlo

I think this is really the essence of it... people with that type of personality can be super obnoxious but I was surprised by how good natured and charming GC actually came off as. He and Howard clearly share a lot of history, and also, surprisingly, some personality quirks. It was also hilarious to hear him busting on Howard's business ideas. I thought this was a great episode of Who Charted.

• Like 2

No offense but this is really stupid. Just cause you love someone and they seem to be happy doesn't mean you have to like it.

My best friend loves RC cars and races them, doesn't mean I'd be really happy to go to a track and watch it or even listen about it.

Oh, yeah, nah, yeah, nah, I totally get what you're saying and I tooooooootally agree. You're saying some people just love to hear Wie and Ku being happy more than others do, and I'm with you 100%.

This guy was set up as a bit of a blowhard from the get-go. He wasn't the best guest ever, but I found his relationship with Howard endearing.

I wholeheartedly disagree with his opinion about that awful Macklemore song though. That song suuuucks.

No offense but you're a bad friend.

Liking it when people you love are happy is a fairly human condition. I have friends with other interests than me, some of which I have zero interest in - doesn't mean I won't indulge them when they want to talk about it, in the same way they'll want to talk to me about stuff I'm passionate about..

Regardless of all that, different but fun episode. I enjoyed this and the Steve-o one as they had a different energy and brought out stuff from the hosts that the usual guests may not. We get 2.5+ hours *every week* of Who Charted, I'd hate for it to be the same show each week - mix things up, the humour of WIe & Ku still shines through and if a guess bothers you, there's Two Charted sans guests...

EDIT: And on listening to tooch they both seem incredibly proud and happy with how the episode turned out..

• Like 2

This is one of my favorite episodes. Such a different energy and you can hear it in Howard's voice how happy he is to have his friend there. The dynamic between them is so genuine and interesting. Ku had a front seat look into the life of Howard. The guest is pretty awesome considering how different he is from the snarky nerdy comedians that are the usual (and awesome) guests.

This one just had a good genuine feel to it having someone so different in attitude.

Also Thrift Shop is an awesome song. There's much much worse hip hop out there to hate on.

• Like 1

I'm gonna delete what I said here, cause that level of bitterness should never cross a happy healthy person's lips/fingers, but seriously dude. Learn to be a better, nicer person.

Oh boy, things are starting to take a turn.

Quick everyone, look at this picture of a dog wearing hipster glasses!

hipster_dog1.jpg

• Like 1

I was just a lil put off when howard was trying to be his strange self and that guy wasn't really into it sometimes.. and how he kinda put down other comedians.. but he wasn't the worst

The inevitable nerd-bully inversion is complete! I feel like you are all being played by Fred Armisen...

Yikes. You know if you dislike the popular people in high school you can grow out of it later, right?

This guy isn't a bad guy just because he works with celebrities some times and lives an incredibly full life. Or because he wasnt into whatever Comedy Death Ray line up he saw. Relax.

PS dude's hot. Daaaaaaiiiiiiimn.

• Like 1

Also Thrift Shop is an awesome song. There's much much worse hip hop out there to hate on.

Nope. "Thrift Store" is extra sucky in relation to the praise it's getting.

Also it just sucks.

That being said, there's no shame in liking music that sucks.

Awesome ep guys, nice to finally meet the famous (now infamous?) Giancarlo and hear some Howie backstory.

Sign in to follow this