🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
BagguhMcGuirk

Any of the Roland Emmerich 21 century trilogy

You could do a show on either Day After Tomorrow, 10,000 B.C., or 2012 and I would be angry you didn't do one of the other two, they're all that bad. If I had to pick one though it would be 10,000 B.C. mainly because I was looking forward to this. I love shit like this, atleast what I thought it was going to be, so I was really excited when I heard about it even though I knew Emmerich was directing it, and...I just sat here for 5 minutes trying to figure out what to say about it and I can't begin to explain why this movie sucks. I heard someone mention, I think Jason, this one so I'm sure you guys are already aware of how horrible it is.

Any of these movies could easily fill 1 hour, and if you did a 90 minute special with the Emmerich trilogy that would be the best/worst 90 minute podcast ever recorded.

• Like 2

The only film he's made that I actually enjoyed was Stargate, and that one mostly skates by on the combined charm of James Spader & Kurt Russell.

Yeah Stargate was actually not bad at all, for what it was. Independence Day was ok but I saw that when I was 12, so I think that has an effect on how I look back on it. I think because of how well those did he was given way too much "artistic" freedom which led to Godzilla. If only Day After Tomorrow had been a bomb, we might have been spared anymore of his movies.

I think they're going to have two great movies to pick from this summer though, the Emmerich film "White House Down", and M. Night's "After Earth"(I believe that's the title) with Will and Jayden Smith.

After Earth actually looks as though it could be decent, but I don't trust M Night so I remain skeptical.

The only thing missing from 10000 B.C. was that Roland wasn't able to destroy the White House like he tries to do in every single one of his movies.

I haven't actually seen any previews for After Earth yet but like you said I just can't believe M. Night has the ability to make a watchable movie, Signs being his last decent one. Also ever since Day The Earth Stood Still I can't stand jaden smith.

After earth looks decent but they gave away what could have been a decent twist within the title and trailer. They could have done a pretty good Planet of the Apes style reveal, but like most trailers today blew it. Also, I may skip this as I can't stand the Smith kids as one is a horrible actor and the other one is a spoiled brat who tries to sing.

I'll agree with that, I have found the Smith children quite grating.

I really think any of these three films would be perfect for this show. Any update on the poll/survey thing that was being worked on?

Also, I've now seen the trailer for After Earth and I just don't think Jaden Smith is going to be able to carry this movie. I'm not saying he's a horrible actor but I just don't think he has the range to carry a movie like this.

While the special effects look great I think the best/smartest thing about the trailer is that M. Night's name is nowhere to be found.

The only film he's made that I actually enjoyed was Stargate, and that one mostly skates by on the combined charm of James Spader & Kurt Russell.

I've always found "Universal Soldier" to be the great, unappreciated Emmerich flick.

Sign in to follow this