🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 26 — Burning Love LIVE

It’s time to join us in your viewing positions for another spectacular LIVE edition of THE FOGELNEST FILES! Recorded LIVE at UCB-LA, Jake Fogelnest welcomes Burning Love cast members Nick Kroll, June Diane Raphael, and Martin Starr to get familiar with Hedo Rick, witness will.i.am’s revolutionary new Entertainment Tonight theme, and to finally have a discussion about the one time The Doobie Brothers appeared on What’s Happening!! Head over tohttp://www.youtube.com/user/TheFogelnestFiles for all the videos featured in today’s episode and make sure to leave reviews for Fred and Sharon’s Movies in “The Fogelnest Files” section on iTunes. Check out THE FOGELNEST FILES LIVE AT SXSW on Friday, March 15th at 6:30 pm at Esther’s Follies with special guest ANDREW WK! Go to http://sxsw.com/ for more info!

I love the thought of a decades-long rivalry between Yanni and Tesh (ala Kirk/Spock or Edison/Tesla) - dozens of incidents that cause one or the other to fly into a rage and scream at the sky. "YANNI!" "TESH!" Dramatic fisticuffs over whose new age compositions are newer and agier, sending each other human feces via registered post, and even talking trash about the other one during concerts:

Tesh: "I'm Yanni. I'm a big dumb idiot who smells like yogurt and cheap cologne."

Yanni (pointing to the back of the auditorium): "Hey, look everybody! It's bigfoot! No ha ha it's talentless Marfan-syndrome-sufferer John Tesh!"

It turns out that it all stems from a love triangle 20 years ago involving Enya- a triangle of which the gaelic warbler was completely unaware.

YANNI!

TESH!

Jake,

Another great episode.

You were asking the question in regards to the 'What's Happening!' episode with the Doobies, on why they were playing in the Jefferson High School. The episode states (if I recall correctly) that the Doobies were former students of the high school and wanted to give something back. But what's odd is that the setting of What's Happening takes place in Watts and yet the Doobies are saying they were bootlegged in Los Angeles....da fug?

But you forgot the best quote from that episode... "Which Doobie You Be?"

- R

Every time Jake mentions Tom Scharpling, Jon Wurster, or the Best Show, I feel like I'm behind enemy lines.

First time listening to this podcast! It's really great! Love these videos... so cringeworthy

I don't know WHAT the deal with that cooking guy is. He's been featured on Attack of the Show before in a clip where he was cooking a big glob of ground beef. They re-created it on the show and it made Matt Mira sick.

I don't know what the premise of Kids Incorporated was either, but I'm pretty sure they got their start with the help of Legal Zoom.

• Like 1

I loved everything about this. Nick Kroll is so awesome.

Also, everyone if you aren't watching Burning Love yet for whatever reason...

tumblr_miaqqoAvOc1qkpccwo2_500.gif

• Like 5

Shannon, your gifs are bar none.

Can you hit me with a creepy head turning chupacabra one more time?

but of course...

29fthv.jpg

• Like 5

Every time Jake mentions Tom Scharpling, Jon Wurster, or the Best Show, I feel like I'm behind enemy lines.

This ain't Podmass, I'm pals with everyone.

• Like 2

Oh I also wanted to say that June was perf for this podcast because her wonderful genuine reactions to things are totally a huge reason why HDTGM is successful. And Nick is right when he says she's a powerhouse. Seriously, this season of Burning Love is just incredible.

• Like 2

Thank you Shannon, that has made my day on more than one occasion.

Jake, I hope you get to do a VPN because the video format would serve this show really well.

• Like 1

MY WIFE would like this if she was real...great episode as always jake! they just keep gettin better!

my wife

Kroll's enthusiasm mixed with June's reactions made for a pretty great episode. Also Kumail really brought it though he sounded a little off.

• Like 1

Pretty short trip from setting up illegal recording stings to defense contracting for Skunk Baxter...

Pretty lame audience on this one. I would have been out of my mind getting June-Diane Raphael, Nick Kroll, & Kumartin Starrjani. PLUS the infamous Doobie Brothers What's Happening?

And Burning Love is one of the funniest things out right now. I was so happy to see JDR getting the spotlight on that because she is hilarious. The little conversation she has with herself in Episode 1, to get herself reasy to meet the guys, had me literally crying I was laughing so hard.

• Like 1

I want to see Jake go through a 24 hour period where he only communicates via You Tube videos, online. Meaning people ask him questions, he responds with a You Tube video that somehow answers it.

Example: "Hey Jake, what's the weather like in Colorado in March?"

Answer:

• Like 2

I loved everything about this. Nick Kroll is so awesome.

Also, everyone if you aren't watching Burning Love yet for whatever reason...

tumblr_miaqqoAvOc1qkpccwo2_500.gif

I was soooooo upset when damien left!!

I was soooooo upset when damien left!!

Me too, but I think I took Robbie Z Z Z's departure harder. And it was right after "Dance Like Your Parents" which might be my new favorite party game.

SERIOUSLY. WATCH BURNING LOVE IF YOU AREN'T ALREADY.

• Like 1

It's funny how lots of the stuff that came up in this episode correlated with stuff that Kroll has recently made fun of on Kroll Show. Like when the topic of the Black Eyed Peas came up and how they were at one time a serious political band, before they became the "horror show" they are today, it made me think of this Kroll Show sketch which is pretty much a direct parody of BEP:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/yoebyWkvOIE?feature=player_detailpage

Also when Kroll joked that Fred had Sharon in a "sex dungeon", it made me think of the hardware store sketch he did with Janet Varney and Eugene Cordero. Finally Kroll threw in a reference to "Looneys" during the Canadian-accent heavy Fred and Sharon video which reminded me of his hilarious "Wheels, Ontario" sketch.

At the end when Jake showed the Billy Joel video Nick finally just broke down and blatantly plugged his show. I guess Jake really tried hard this time to tailor the videos to his guests.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this