🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
grkpektis

Ghostbusters 2

When I was a kid I loved this movie I never understood why everyone I knew hated it so much, I thought it was just because it wasn't as good as the original but I watched it recently and it does not hold up at all. There are some good parts but they are few and far between.

I don't think it's quite horrible/crazy enough to ever be on, but the statue of liberty scene is one of the greatest what the fuck moments in movie history. I actually did get a little choked up the first time I saw that scene, but I was maybe 8.

• Like 1

I thought Ghostbusters 2 was just as good as the first one. Don't understand why people don't like it.

I don't think it's a terrible movie, but it was definitely a let down after the first one. And it's worth noting that literally no one wanted to make it - Aykroyd, Ramis, Murray & Reitman all thought it was a bad idea. The tone is off and Peter MacNicol's character is basically just Rick Moranis' character all over again, except creepier. There's also a lack of any genuine scares. It's a sort of frustrating near miss that is still very watchable. I think it could make for a fun episode.

Peter MacNicol makes this movie for me! I always think i can skip it when its on tv...then I don't because I have to see & hear Janosz. I have no idea what that accent is, but its brilliant!

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000559/quotes

Then there's Vigo...awesome & scary as shit, but not enough to do in the movie.

I genuinely love the Bobby Brown jam from this film

• Like 2

And it's worth noting that literally no one wanted to make it - Aykroyd, Ramis, Murray & Reitman all thought it was a bad idea.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? Take that, add a quarter of a century, and you've got the never-to-be-made "Ghostbusters 3". I'm not going to make my mind up until we get to hear from Ernie Hudson though...

Sign in to follow this