🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
PLANE_BREAK

I would buy an Earwolf video game. What do you think some of the levels would be?

I'm a big video game player, but I feel like the landscape of video games is pretty lacking.

What do you think some of the levels, characters, and achievements an Earwolf game would have in it?

I am not sure what kind of massive million dollar deal they would sign to make it exclusive, or if they would cross platform. Let's leave that to the lawyers....

I spent several hours conceptualising, and several days producing, this picture.

34e48ds.png

• Like 8

I think the only kind of game that could reasonably contain all of the great things about Earwolf would be a Super Smash Brothers-style 4 player brawler. Just think of all the amazing characters (and their round-ending super moves):

Don DiMello - Bring Out The Girls (a line of Rockettes fly across the screen, kicking every other player out of the stage)

Howard Kremer - Dad Said It Was Cool (Howard teams up with Lee, who unleashes a Bruce Springsteen riff that brings all other players to their knees)

Jason Mantzoukas - I'm Not On Twitter (Jason reminds us once again he's not on Twitter, which causes all the characters to stop what they're doing to say "we know!")

Kulap - Hermes Carpet Bomb (Hermes strafes the stage with eggs, leaving everyone gooey)

Huell Howser - A Dog Eatin' A Doggone Avocado! (All other players turn into avocados, which a dog promptly eats)

...the possibilities are endless. Scott has to be the final boss, though, and he goes by a different name each time.

• Like 4

A tower defense game where you are trying to kill Andy Daly characters before they reach the window and commit suicide.

• Like 5

I'd imagine it as more of a text adventure. Or an interactive movie, like NIGHT TRAP!

there could be some sort of rockband style game with jon daly where you have to frantically write a song with him

• Like 1

Just a straight port of Street Fighter 2, but with the sprites swapped with Earwolf personalities, and of course, June Diane Raphael narrating.

• Like 2

Hollywood facts: The game. Players are asked various multiple questions about film and television and are. Scott, ever snarky, corrects the players even if they are right. The longer the player goes without figuring out its a stupid bit, the more points they lose. When a player uses an xbox they can point their connect device out the window, and ever time a plane comes into view the game will take a "plane break."

And of course, there would be DLC content for Ducca mini-games

Robobtron

Dig Ducca

Mortal Emotional Kontact

Kevin Fuck Hunt

Mindsweeper

Aff-Zero-Mation Nation

Chronic the Depression

Bob's Sleeping Pill Addiction Support Group Vs. Capcom

Allergy Birds

Rock Banned from the Library for Reason I Won't Go Into But I Will Admit to Using the Internet to See Inappropriate Materials

Tete-a-Tetris

Too Much Candy Crush and Now I Have Type 2 Diabetes

Dr. Mario Won't See Me Until I Pay My Previous Hospital Bills

Night Sweats Trap

and Bad Bac Man

• Like 2

And of course, there would be DLC content for Ducca mini-games

Robobtron

Dig Ducca

Mortal Emotional Kontact

Kevin Fuck Hunt

Mindsweeper

Aff-Zero-Mation Nation

Chronic the Depression

Bob's Sleeping Pill Addiction Support Group Vs. Capcom

Allergy Birds

Rock Banned from the Library for Reason I Won't Go Into But I Will Admit to Using the Internet to See Inappropriate Materials

Tete-a-Tetris

Too Much Candy Crush and Now I Have Type 2 Diabetes

Dr. Mario Won't See Me Until I Pay My Previous Hospital Bills

Night Sweats Trap

and Bad Bac Man

BAHA! A+

• Like 1

Having made iOS games before, I imagine it would be fun to cobble together a game or series of games based on Earwolf podcasts/characters:

- Nerd Poker - hack and slash your way through the basement dungeon of a local comic shop looking for a rare first edition Green Lantern #1.

- Besser & co. improv-fighting, Mortal Combat. Press the "yes-and" button to attack with a weird non-sequitur, including combo attacks where you ask for examples and try to paint your opponent into a creative corner.

- Who Charted mini game - get the chart goose to give up its egg by petting it or shaking your phone. How you coax the egg out helps determine the snippet of podcast that pops out.

- Totally Laime - an "escape the room" style game where the co-hosts attempt to leave their home.

- How Did This Get Made- a Zelda II 8-bit top-down adventure game where you run around LA pitching Nicholas Cage movies.

- Rafflecast - a series of dozens of micro-games that involve stuff like: hefting an obese Peter Pan over a a stage without letting him drop or crushing his genitals, fetching drinks for Liberace to be rewarded by him saying your name slowly, and Jack White and Jimmy Page bludgeon The Edge with a wawa pedal.

An Oregon trail like adventure where Bob Ducca has to travel from Castaic, CA to bakersfield in a station wagon, he has to stock up on trader joes yogurt pretzels, and other and avoid falling ill to his many ailments and allergies