🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 206 — Live from SXSW 2013

This ep was a great start to my morning, but nothing really starts my morning like Mountain Dew Kickstart.

• Like 2

Tim Heidecker is to funny what finding out your date is a tranny is to sexy. first its hot, then it's uncomfortable, then it's just obviously a person with some self love issues.

Nope.

• Like 2

I'm probably in the minority here, but I can't stand Tim Heidecker. He's so "above" everything and unwilling to be silly. T&EAS:GJ has its moments, but Tim, in person, irks me.

• Like 2

Tim Heidecker is to funny what finding out your date is a tranny is to sexy. first its hot, then it's uncomfortable, then it's just obviously a person with some self love issues.

Cripes that is one labored analogy.

• Like 3

Haha, I can see why some might not like Heidecker, but to me he's brilliant, one of the best. Maybe sometimes he schtick doesn't hit the mark, but that's improv... Wareheim is underrated too, he's really funny on this episode.

btw, I haven't seen the video version yet, but when I heard the audio, I thought I heard brett gelman for a little - was here there, or was that Eric Wareheim impersonating him or something?

You sang "Goodnight Sweetheart" without Hot Dog?

A travesty. I don't know what was worse, their dips or their wahs.

• Like 3

Cripes that is one labored analogy.

Well, I figured it was more responsible then just saying his only schtick is to ruin everyone else's.

• Like 1

Haha, I can see why some might not like Heidecker, but to me he's brilliant, one of the best. Maybe sometimes he schtick doesn't hit the mark, but that's improv... Wareheim is underrated too, he's really funny on this episode.

btw, I haven't seen the video version yet, but when I heard the audio, I thought I heard brett gelman for a little - was here there, or was that Eric Wareheim impersonating him or something?

Yes, Brett impersonated Eric Wareheim in the first few minutes.

I agree with your point about Tim. He's far and away the best CBB guest IMO.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I can't stand Tim Heidecker. He's so "above" everything and unwilling to be silly. T&EAS:GJ has its moments, but Tim, in person, irks me.

That's because he's still in character.

It is difficult to tell where the line between his persona and real self is at times, but the thing I've enjoyed about seeing him on the livestreams is that there are moments when he genuinely laughs.

• Like 1

If you want to hear what I believe is the closest we'll get to hearing Tim being Tim, check out his episode on Doug Benson's Dining with Doug and Karen. He's a real delight.

• Like 1

In his recent episode of How Did This Get Made? Tim is out of character and seems like a really nice and genuine guy

I love him on CBB, he's always in character and I think he's hilarious

• Like 2

The Ent Whistle and Ching Chong Matinee are among the funniest bits I've ever heard.

• Like 4

You sang "Goodnight Sweetheart" without Hot Dog?

By the way, what's up Hot Dog?

Wait, is THAT the Sha-na-na song they reference in the "Buh-didda-dip-dow" episode? Never put that together (I thought "Good Night Sweetheart" WAY predated Sha-Na-Na, but I really have no idea...)

Cool.

Thanks for posting the video, btw... I love how Pepsi continues to misjudge the audience with fake edginess, in the middle of a show containing actual edginess... Just like those terrible Pepsi Next ads in CBB. Seriously, get Tim and Eric to do your ad or something, if you insist on trying to target insufferable alt-hipster nerds like myself...

If you want to hear what I believe is the closest we'll get to hearing Tim being Tim, check out his episode on Doug Benson's Dining with Doug and Karen. He's a real delight.

He's also totally genuine (and serious!) on Marc Maron's show a couple of months ago, I was really surprised. If you're a fan, it's really worth checking out.

The Ent Whistle and Ching Chong Matinee are among the funniest bits I've ever heard.

Ching Chong Matinee killed me - I'm actually fairly gullible (I *want* to believe things even if I sort of know it can't be true) and I thought maybe he was being serious about being in a woody allen movie... but the title settled that!

He played it pretty straight on Who Charted awhile back as well - aside from a brief racist rant. :)

He played it pretty straight on Who Charted awhile back as well - aside from a brief racist rant. :)/>

Also on HDTGM, with a brief riff on town meetings.

That little smile Sarah gives Cera at 25:30 is the most adoraboos moment. So glad I watched the vid instead of just listening to the audio.

Stupid audio.

That's not "Tim, in person" buddy, that's Tim doing a bit. "Unwilling to be silly"? Not if you heard anything he said on any episode of CBB (Comedy Bang Bang) ever. That guy is one of the silliest sillies there is.

Why is the audience of every CBB live event filled with people who have never heard the show before?

Cause people go to see the guests, even if they have no idea what cbb is. IfI'd never heard of it, I'd definitely be going to see a show w tim and eric, sarah silverman, michael sera and reggie watts (though I discovered reggie via cbb)

Most of us probably discovered cbb by accident while searching for a particular comedian - I was looking to see if Zack Galifianakis had done anything recently, and for more nick kroll and they both led me to CBB

hey btw, for fans of sarah silverman and nick kroll, check out "In Bed With Joan" a video interview podcast where joan rivers interviews comedians in her bed. Two episodes so far, and really good, Rivers is pretty damned funny.

Yeah, definitely seemed like the crowd was there for the guests and not the show, which made it a less-than-great episode.

Still, the Kickstart and Diaper Eaters riffs were brilliant.

• Like 1

Yeah, definitely seemed like the crowd was there for the guests and not the show, which made it a less-than-great episode.

Agreed, and I think that put a weird spin on Tim's bit.

How is Mountain Dew able to get away with the 'kick start' name? Seems like a pretty blatant ripoff of Kickstarter but whatever.

Totally agree with everyone else about the audience on this one, they came to see the stars and didn't seem to get the joke. I think Tim's character didn't help things either. I get Tim and I know why people like/don't like him but his 'I'm going to pull down everything' character certainly doesn't work on a live crowd that is already sort of lost.

How is Mountain Dew able to get away with the 'kick start' name? Seems like a pretty blatant ripoff of Kickstarter but whatever.

I'm no Legal Zoom, but I think, generally speaking, you can't really have a blanket trademark on an existing common phrase. An energy drink and a website are different enough that no one should confuse them, and Kickstarter can't reasonably say that Mountain Dew are trying to deceive people or evoke any connection between the two.

I'm no Legal Zoom, but I think, generally speaking, you can't really have a blanket trademark on an existing common phrase. An energy drink and a website are different enough that no one should confuse them, and Kickstarter can't reasonably say that Mountain Dew are trying to deceive people or evoke any connection between the two.

But, to be clear, you are no Legal Zoom, right?