🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
BagguhMcGuirk

Click

I'm sure there are many Sandler movies on this list, and although I haven't seen Jack and Jill, I feel this should be the first Sandler movie done. I wish I could've been at that pitch meeting, "Adam Sandler is a man who always puts his job first, is given a remote that controls time, and while at first uses it to get work done by the end realizes family is more important" (Long pause) "That's brilliant! Any more ideas Awesom-o?" Thank god for Hollywood.

By the way, how have they not done a Sandler movie yet?

This has come up several times before, but I think the problem with Sandler movies is that they are so knowingly and deliberately awful that it just wouldn't be that fun to deconstruct them. They're made because they make money, and anyone attending a Sandler film knows what they're in for (just like someone that goes to a Tyler Perry movie).

It's also been pointed out that they might avoid them because they have industry friends that appear in them (many people have put forth the idea that The Smurfs episode was taken down because Jayma Mays became a guest star on The League). I don't know if that's true, but they do work in the industry and probably have to tread somewhat carefully.

I hadn't thought of that, the industry friends thing, Sandler has a lot of really funny and talented friends so I can see them not wanting to tear him and his movies apart. I do agree with your first point for most of his movies, but I think Click has a crazy enough plot to be on, but I agree they'll never do any Sandler movies.

I recently heard that they're making a Grownups 2, how fucking crazy is it that can get made but we'll probably never see The Arrested Development movie.

In my world there is no such thing as a bad Christopher Walken movie so I sorta like this movie. it's ok in my book. But I hate Adam Sandler movies in general.

But we are getting a new season of Arrested Development, so the world isn't completely topsy-turvy.

Yeah, even though I would enjoy a film version, when I found out they were doing a season on netflix I was much more excited. I just think the Arrested Development formula works better on tv, allowing for multiple story arcs and plenty of call backs. I'm just not sure how well it would work in a two hour movie.

ive gotta ask the question, how did adam sandler get this made? horrible movie with big actors, but just a pile of garbage. please review it guys

ive gotta ask the question, how did adam sandler get this made? horrible movie with big actors, but just a pile of garbage. please review it guys

Like any movie of his in the last decade, they just whipped up a story based on wherever he wanted to go that day. Usually, it just means a paid for vacation for him and his buddies to some fun or exotic locale, but this time, he apparently just needed to make a stop at Bed, Bath & Beyond. There you go, mystery solved!

Actually I have to admit that out of all the shitty shitty shit Adam Sandler has thrown at us over the years, this movie and Punch Drunk Love were the only ones I could bear watching and kind of enjoyed.

Actually I have to admit that out of all the shitty shitty shit Adam Sandler has thrown at us over the years, this movie and Punch Drunk Love were the only ones I could bear watching and kind of enjoyed.

punch drunk love is not "an adam sandler movie" it's a p t anderson movie that adam sandler is in, it's fucking awesome and doesn't belong anywhere near the horseshit he produces

• Like 2

If this movie only existed to showcase the scene where Terry Crews silently sings "Working for the Weekend" its all too worth it.

This is a guilty pleasure of mine. The sentimentality actually did get to me and I find it a lot less annoying than most of Sandler's other work. Also, Kate Beckinsale is pretty much my #1 celebrity crush of all time, so I tend to be more forgiving of movies she is in.

Sign in to follow this