🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 57.5 — Minisode 57.5

I like the overall look for this. Bootstrap FTW!

The only thing is that you're allowing the user to input the title. Don't trust these people, they're dum dums! Just parse out the IMDB ID through the link. Here's the regular expression I used to get out the id.

([a-z]{2}[0-9]+)

I don't know what language you're using for the backend, just remember that some will want a delimiter on either side. either a "#" or a "/".

I actually didn't even realize there was an (unofficial) IMDB API. Definitely doing it that way.

I actually didn't even realize there was an (unofficial) IMDB API. Definitely doing it that way.

There are two. Imdbapi.org and omdbapi.com. Omdb is not rate limited, but they both return the same thing, so I suggest using Omdb. I wish there was one that would return a list if you enter a partial title. Both just return one result.

There are two. Imdbapi.org and omdbapi.com. Omdb is not rate limited, but they both return the same thing, so I suggest using Omdb. I wish there was one that would return a list if you enter a partial title. Both just return one result.

Well definitely a great call -- check it out: http://byhamilton.com/_hdtgm/

Dude, this movie is just bad. I can watch The Room, I can watch Birdemic. I can't watch this. This is just beyond anything that might give it a redeeming quality.

15:02 into this and I'm tapping out.

Random Thought: What is it about Leelee Sobieski that gets her cast as a young girl involved in a weird and creepy sexual relationship with an older man? There's this (her and Liotta), 88 Minutes, The Wickerman, Eyes Wide Shut, and probably others that I haven't seen. Even if on-screen fucking (*blech*) never occurs in those movies, there's still a half-assed attempt at a gross kind of sexual tension.

Random Thought: What is it about Leelee Sobieski that gets her cast as a young girl involved in a weird and creepy sexual relationship with an older man? There's this (her and Liotta), 88 Minutes, The Wickerman, Eyes Wide Shut, and probably others from that I haven't seen. Even if on-screen fucking (*blech*) never occurs in those movies, there's still a half-assed attempt at a gross kind of sexual tension.

I can't get enough baby Helen Hunt. Either she doesn't know all these movies are terrible or she's in on some awesome joke that we aren't privy to.

And all of this I.T. work for a free podcast makes me really happy.

Yesterday I told my buddy at work to watch this on youtube overnight and tell me what he thought. This morning he told me to go fuck myself and let me know that he was considering taking a dump on my car's windshield.

This could be the greatest hdtgm ever.

• Like 2

Random Thought: What is it about Leelee Sobieski that gets her cast as a young girl involved in a weird and creepy sexual relationship with an older man? There's this (her and Liotta), 88 Minutes, The Wickerman, Eyes Wide Shut, and probably others that I haven't seen. Even if on-screen fucking (*blech*) never occurs in those movies, there's still a half-assed attempt at a gross kind of sexual tension.

Wait, what was her creepy sexual relationship with an older man in Wickerman?

I'm kind of thinking that, when people vote, the message they get should be something more unique than "Your vote has been counted." The obvious choice to me is stuff like "Thanks for voting, dumb-dumb!" or "Your vote is In. Sane."

Maybe if somebody types in something wrong, it can give a message like, "What I don't get about this is..."

Wait, what was her creepy sexual relationship with an older man in Wickerman?

Wasn't there some... thing between her and Cage? At least some tension? Maybe between her and one of the older ladies in the town? Perhaps I'm mis-remembering the movie, but forgive me, it's pretty insane.

Wasn't there some... thing between her and Cage? At least some tension? Maybe between her and one of the older ladies in the town? Perhaps I'm mis-remembering the movie, but forgive me, it's pretty insane.

There's a point where she seems to indicate she wants him to take her with him, but it's more of a 'Please help me escape this cult' thing than a romantic interest. Of course, in view of later plot developments that scene really makes no sense, as it's clear she doesn't want to escape. But that's Wickerman logic for you.

Just finished the movie

It took me a few tries since I kept on falling asleep during it

Fucking terrible. Not even fun bad, just bad. I wish they would stick to fun bad, but it's still worth watching all of them to be able to relate to the episode more

This movie was just plain boring! Even the action scenes made me yawn! There was no establishment of the world so half the time I didn't know what the hell was going on. There was no establishment of the characters, so for about half the movie, I thought that Leelee was Burt Reynolds' daughter instead of the Eastern European mage's. Ray Liotta and Stratham were miscast in this. I half kept expecting both of them to pull of .45s and start shooting shit up.

There is one good point about this though: it was good to see black people in a fantasy setting and have prominent roles. That was the only thing that made me smile.

HEY EVERYONE!

I messed up...First of all, thanks for the responses on this online voting system, but it seems like EARWOLF people have to be clued in. Shannon, you seem to have the database but there are so many different systems floating around so can we email all ideas to the info below, Gabe at Earwolf will be helping implement this.

So please email howdidthisgetmade@earwolf.com -- Subject line "MOVIE VOTING SYSTEM"

This movie was just plain boring! Even the action scenes made me yawn! There was no establishment of the world so half the time I didn't know what the hell was going on. There was no establishment of the characters, so for about half the movie, I thought that Leelee was Burt Reynolds' daughter instead of the Eastern European mage's. Ray Liotta and Stratham were miscast in this. I half kept expecting both of them to pull of .45s and start shooting shit up.

There is one good point about this though: it was good to see black people in a fantasy setting and have prominent roles. That was the only thing that made me smile.

It was so bizarre having Jason Statham spouting dialogue in that Crank/Expendables style, while Ray Liotta was being all Goodfellasy as he ranted about magic, and then Sallah from Indiana Jones being all maudlin.

I can't wait to hear Jason, June and Paul rip this movie apart - but I don't think I can sit through another Uwe Boll movie if they do another one.

There is a lot of shitty stuff to laugh at in this one. The rubber monster costumes, Liotta's Tony Soprano/Liberace evil wizard, Burt Reynold's botoxed death mask, stripper wood nymphs, ninjas, the guy from Scream hamming it up. Plus, you know Jason is going to be superpissed he had to sit through this piece of crap and that's always great fuel to the hdtgm fire.

IN THE NAME OF THE KING: A DUNGEON SEIGE TALE....eh, not that bad. To me whether it's Middle Earth or the Kingdom of Ehb it really doesn't matter because neither of them really interests me. If RINGS can have walking and talking trees then sure I can I buy ninjas, either way they both seem silly to me. Main character's name is Farmer who's actual occupation is a farmer, why not I totally in. I guess we have to thank the Germans for subsidizing this film according to wikipedia. I believe they also describe Uwe Boll as a very "litigious" person and challenges critics of his artistic style to one on one combat in a fight to the death. That's how you stand behind your work. I'm thinkin Jason vs Uwe in some Star Trek Vulcan pugil death stick match. Now if you want a real middle earth type turd movie try ERAGON, almost a shot for shot remake of STAR WARS except it's the opposite of awesome.

Just throwing out my two cents on the recommendation list. I was hoping there was a way that we could put some opinions behind our requests or arguements. For example I came up with a list of movies but I want to put down some of the reasons it deserves to be reviewed.

STREET FIGHTER: LEGEND OF CHUN LI

Two words Chris Klein.

DREAM HOUSE

Collection of actors who clearly have a strong desire to be anyplace except in this movie, damn contractional obligations.

THE ARRIVAL

Twist ending yes, fat Mexican Charlie Sheen, nuff said.

THAT'S MY BOY

With the discovery of the Higgs Boson particle we can defnitively say their is a parrellel unvierse that some where no one was ever had to bear witness to this abomination. It managed to offend all 5 senses, because I threw up in my mouth a little. Although I did laugh a couple times so I'm not sure if that makes me a bad person.

THE GREY

The greatest fucking wolf movie ever made! I can only imagine that the writer was awash in great ideas after wearing his three wolf moon t-shirt thus spilling out the words and birthing the greatest masterpiece since THE GREAT GATSBY.

IN THE NAME OF THE KING: A DUNGEON SEIGE TALE....eh, not that bad. To me whether it's Middle Earth or the Kingdom of Ehb it really doesn't matter because neither of them really interests me. If RINGS can have walking and talking trees then sure I can I buy ninjas, either way they both seem silly to me. Main character's name is Farmer who's actual occupation is a farmer, why not I totally in. I guess we have to thank the Germans for subsidizing this film according to wikipedia. I believe they also describe Uwe Boll as a very "litigious" person and challenges critics of his artistic style to one on one combat in a fight to the death. That's how you stand behind your work. I'm thinkin Jason vs Uwe in some Star Trek Vulcan pugil death stick match. Now if you want a real middle earth type turd movie try ERAGON, almost a shot for shot remake of STAR WARS except it's the opposite of awesome.

Just throwing out my two cents on the recommendation list. I was hoping there was a way that we could put some opinions behind our requests or arguements. For example I came up with a list of movies but I want to put down some of the reasons it deserves to be reviewed.

STREET FIGHTER: LEGEND OF CHUN LI

Two words Chris Klein.

DREAM HOUSE

Collection of actors who clearly have a strong desire to be anyplace except in this movie, damn contractional obligations.

THE ARRIVAL

Twist ending yes, fat Mexican Charlie Sheen, nuff said.

THAT'S MY BOY

With the discovery of the Higgs Boson particle we can defnitively say their is a parrellel unvierse that some where no one was ever had to bear witness to this abomination. It managed to offend all 5 senses, because I threw up in my mouth a little. Although I did laugh a couple times so I'm not sure if that makes me a bad person.

THE GREY

The greatest fucking wolf movie ever made! I can only imagine that the writer was awash in great ideas after wearing his three wolf moon t-shirt thus spilling out the words and birthing the greatest masterpiece since THE GREAT GATSBY.

This is the wrong place to leave movie recommendations. Go to the Earwolf Forums for that. There's a subforum on there that is totally dedicated to movie recommendations, or hold off until they get the recommendation/voting app together.

http://forum.earwolf.com/forum/12-bad-movie-recommendations/

It was so bizarre having Jason Statham spouting dialogue in that Crank/Expendables style, while Ray Liotta was being all Goodfellasy as he ranted about magic, and then Sallah from Indiana Jones being all maudlin.

I can't wait to hear Jason, June and Paul rip this movie apart - but I don't think I can sit through another Uwe Boll movie if they do another one.

Also, Statham only has two expressions -- pissed and super pissed. He couldn't make himself cry when his son died. He just looked real fucking pissed.

Also, Statham only has two expressions -- pissed and super pissed. He couldn't make himself cry when his son died. He just looked real fucking pissed.

Speaking of his son being murdered...

Did anyone else notice at the end where he rescues his wife, they happily embrace and he says the cheesy "There's something I always wanted to tell you" line, that at that point he had no way of knowing if she had been told of their son's death? He couldn't know if his two buddies had made any contact with her.

So I guess that joyous reunion "I love you" was immediately followed by "Oh yeah our kid's dead".

• Like 1

This is the wrong place to leave movie recommendations. Go to the Earwolf Forums for that. There's a subforum on there that is totally dedicated to movie recommendations, or hold off until they get the recommendation/voting app together.

http://forum.earwolf...ecommendations/

Did you listen to Paul's podcast he was looking for suggestions on how to improve the suggestion list. So yeah just wanted to list an example of some of the things I think would improve the program. Plus I think there should be a way to down vote a movie suggestion as well similar to yahoo comments and your comment as well.

Speaking of his son being murdered...

Did anyone else notice at the end where he rescues his wife, they happily embrace and he says the cheesy "There's something I always wanted to tell you" line, that at that point he had no way of knowing if she had been told of their son's death? He couldn't know if his two buddies had made any contact with her.

So I guess that joyous reunion "I love you" was immediately followed by "Oh yeah our kid's dead".

"There's something I always wanted to tell you..."

"What?"

"Seth's dead...and, I looooove you"

That's who that guy was? I recognized him but couldn't place him. He has a distinctive voice/accent and look. He lost a lot of weight since Indiana Jones.

I hope someone really asks the question, "why the hell is Burt Reynolds in this fucking movie?" Did he really want a European vacation that badly? Doesn't he still have some Cannonball Run money saved up for stuff like this or did Loni Anderson just take him to the cleaners? Out of all the confusing casting choices, he is the most confounding.